> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Take 5: Hard Rock Power Chords - Beginner, Lesson By Sinisa Cekic
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Anese
Oct 23 2014, 03:28 AM
Learning Roadie
Original lesson: Hard Rock Power Chords - Beginner by Sinisa Cekic

Hello guitar ppl :)

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=52781
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=52807
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=52829
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=53173

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 24 2014, 09:35 AM
Instructor
Hey mate!

The vibrato around 0:07 and 0:08 could be more in pitch, but otherwise, the timing and rhythm are great - we have discussed this one in your mentoring thread a lot so far, so in what I am concerned that vibrato is pretty much the only thing keeping you from nailing this perfectly. But as I have suggested, the other lesson, based exclusively on vibrato will help you out in making this one better wink.gif

All the best,

Cosmin

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 25 2014, 12:05 PM
Instructor
Hi there, it's great to see the improvement you've made on this take.. and you are playing the double stop bends much better now smile.gif

As Cosmin said, the vibrato is a bit wonky - it sounds a bit nervous and out of key. I think you may actually be using more vibrato than you need there as you're pulling the string slightly out of pitch but not allowing it to return to its original pitch. When you play those notes, give them them a slight wiggle with your finger but it doesn't have to be more than that. A slight vibration will make them sound good but focus on keeping the pitch of the notes intact.

Good work !

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 26 2014, 07:12 AM
Instructor
Hi friend! Congrats on your great job!

As the guys said, this take is better, the improvements are very notorious, but there is still more room to make this one sound better. The vibrato is closer, and more defined than the previous takes, but as Cosmin said, you have some pitch issues there. The vibration has a small
bend that makes it sound a bit out of scale. The double stop bends close to the end are much better now, but you'll be even more comfortable with them after more days of practice.

Another two things that I would have in mind fo rthe next days of practice, is how your manage dynamics comparing to the original lesson (compare both and let me know what differences you notes via PM) and your guitar tone. I can say that the tone is close but it's lacking some definition, work on the EQ, give it more prescence / treble to make it more present in the mix.

That's all by now, keep on the hard work! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Fran
Oct 27 2014, 05:45 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 8

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:02 PM