2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Metallica, Never really listened much to them...
superize
May 3 2009, 09:32 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
......But now i am really starting to like them alot and i am trying to learn some of there songs.... Have learned seek and destroy and Enter Sandman(Except the solos) and working on master of puppets and will try and learn some more songs aswell.......

I really love their riffing

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
May 3 2009, 09:48 PM
Instructor
I like them a lot too!
It reminds me of so many good memories!
I really love the older stuff a lot. Master of Puppets is one of my favorite Metallica albums.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
facjata
May 3 2009, 11:05 PM
GMC:er
it's my favourite band. my friends showed me their music when i was 10 years old, we were skateboarding and listening to the Black Album, and Reload:)
i like riffing too, but i like Hetfield's voice mostly rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Sondre
May 3 2009, 11:11 PM
My favorite band aswell, after I heard One a couple of years ago. Their riffing is among the greatest ever, they have some amazing harmonies, some amazing solos. Hetfields growls are awesome, and the early base is killer.

My favourite ever part must be when the second riff in Master of Puppets kicks, with Hetfield playing alone. So tight, so heavy. GAAA! biggrin.gif:D

I know probably 30-40 riffs, and about 10 whole metallica songs, including Master, even tho the solos are really tricky.

This post has been edited by Sondre: May 3 2009, 11:12 PM

+Quote Post
sigma7
May 3 2009, 11:13 PM
somewhat repetitive but they are good

--------------------

+Quote Post
sted
May 4 2009, 09:02 AM
Learning Rock Star
I loved them as a kid, not so much now. Master of puppets was a seminal album but my favourite is still Kill em all, Hetfield sounds about nine years old on that!
The black album has some great tracks to learn as they were quite melodic intros and such. If you like them then dont watch that stupid documentary about them, I couldnt beleive what a bunch of big girls blouses they all were, and Dave Mustaine nearly crying coz he got kicked out and had to settle for multi million selling Megadeth? Wtf?
Lars is the only one who is rock n roll, he said "Were supposed to be a rock n roll band you F*&$##@@s!!!" enough said!!

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
May 4 2009, 09:37 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
I would say Metallica is one of the icons for me of Metal music as I grew up with their records. Master of Puppets is a great album smile.gif

This post has been edited by Velvet Roger: May 4 2009, 09:37 AM

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
midnight
May 4 2009, 10:10 AM
First four...five albums are legend.

Since you're on kill em' all, learn the Whiplash riff. It might seem kind of fast at first, but it's easy. It's still fun. Am I evil, ripping through Hit The Lights...it's still so freakin' fun.

+Quote Post
Artemus
May 4 2009, 11:45 AM
Learning Tone Seeker - CHALLENGE STAR!
I like their early stuff. Ride The Lightning being my favourite but I've not been grabbed by anything in recent years I'm afraid. Their last one had potential but the whole production thing ruined it for me, especially when you compare the album quality to the Guitar Hero track quality. Shame..

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here

+Quote Post
sted
May 4 2009, 03:35 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Artemus @ May 4 2009, 11:45 AM) *
especially when you compare the album quality to the Guitar Hero track quality. Shame..

Lol!!! As damning a statement I have ever heard! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Canis
May 4 2009, 03:45 PM
Learning Rock Star
Can't say I like Metallica that much... I like a few songs, like Nothing Else Matters and Memory Remains, but other then that... Meh.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tolek
May 4 2009, 03:52 PM
Learning Rock Star
I like them a lot. I don´t know much songs by them, but what I know is great to play. Their riffage is unique and sounds good, but it´s often similiar. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
May 4 2009, 05:03 PM
Ill admit to liking Ride the lighting, master of puppets and And justice..., but they are really overrated in my opinion.
They arent even a metal band anymore, just a radio friendly modern rock band, like nickleback.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
helo92
May 4 2009, 08:04 PM
I really like the old ablums and started to lern some of their old classics

just finished seek and destroy smile.gif (without solo)

--------------------
<a href="http://www.wacken.com/" target="_blank"><embed src="http://banner.wacken.com/banner/WOA_Banner2010_468x60_090904_cw.swf" quality="high" width="468" height="60"></embed></a>

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
May 5 2009, 01:04 AM
Instructor
It's no secret that i'm a huge Metallica fan smile.gif
There's just 2 albums i really, really dont like, and thats Reload and St.Anger. There isnt a single song i like on any of those two.
Other than that i think there's awesome songs to be found on each album, but the first 5 albums are offcourse the best of them all.

This post has been edited by Trond Vold: May 5 2009, 01:04 AM

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
g-forcelover
May 9 2009, 01:54 AM
They are amazing, i get to go see them with LOG in october!

--------------------

i tripped and broke my guitar's neck. :(

+Quote Post
skennington
May 9 2009, 03:06 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
QUOTE (Artemus @ May 4 2009, 06:45 AM) *
I like their early stuff. Ride The Lightning being my favourite but I've not been grabbed by anything in recent years I'm afraid. Their last one had potential but the whole production thing ruined it for me, especially when you compare the album quality to the Guitar Hero track quality. Shame..

Spot on IMO. wink.gif Grew up listening to these guys (and again IMO) their personal demons destroyed them. They WILL sell records but the quality...I was hopeful that Rick Ruben would bring them back to life but so far I am not seeing it..

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
May 10 2009, 08:55 PM
anything from kill em all and ride the lightning is epic... cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
May 10 2009, 10:04 PM
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ May 10 2009, 03:55 PM) *
anything from kill em all and ride the lightning is epic... cool.gif

+1
Creeping Death and fade to black are my favorite metallica songs. such fun riffs to warm up with too...

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 10 2009, 11:32 PM
Instructor
One of the first songs I learned for guitar was Nothing Else Matters, so Metallica rulez biggrin.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:37 AM