32 Pages V  « < 21 22 23 24 25 > »   
Adams Bootcamp, Time to Fight Soldier!
Todd Simpson
Mar 29 2020, 08:51 AM
GMC:er
Playing through the pain! I can see an injury on your arm I hope it's ok! You pushed through it and fought hard!!!

POWERING THE PINKY
This one has some serious challenges in terms of the pinky and forces the hand to really stretch to get to the notes. You have serious PINKY skills at this point and hit every note!!!

OPEN STRING HIGH FRET Yet again I force your hand to to an open string lick and fret way up the neck. Open string licks are much easier further down the neck where string tension is less. Up way high on the neck they can be trouble. Not for you!! Nice.

PRECISION AND SPEED I see one lick in particular near the end where you keep precision and start speeding up! Nicely done there. Speed is nothing without precision and you show a good of both!

Very well Fought Soldier! You just..

LEVELED UP!!!!

Attached Image

Sarge

QUOTE (Adam @ Mar 27 2020, 06:11 PM) *

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Adam
Mar 29 2020, 10:24 PM
Learning Roadie
My friend had a saying "Your scars make you stronger" and I sort of stole it. The wrist is healing pretty nicely and I just can't wear my watch yet (I feel naked without it!)

I've been assembling it for the past week, starting when I got home from work, ending when going to sleep. It's made from paper, so it took a great deal of patience and precision.
Attached Image

Corona thing got to my city and the one nearby but it seems to be completely under control because there were no sudden outbreaks after the infected got quarantined. I hope this ends soon, so we can all go back to our lives and the global economy recovers from the blow. PLN has lost some value to Euro and USD but because people only travel to work and the most basic shopping, the gasoline prizes have drastically fallen.
I realized I had to make zero changes to my life to adapt this situation which probably says a lot.

How's the situation at your end? I'm hoping it's okay!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Adam: Mar 29 2020, 10:27 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 30 2020, 05:24 AM
Nice Job on the Mech Build! I loved Metal Gear solid 5. It was one of my faves games ever. I loved the mechs and thought the story was cool tool i remember fighting some of the really big mechs and it seems hopeless, but persistence pays off as it all things smile.gif I built out my military base til it was just crazy huge. Killer game!

I hope your wrist heals up soon! Takes a warrior to play through the pain!!

Let's Debrief!!

MEDALS OF HONOR

SYNCHING SENSATION: Your hand synch is great! Each time you have done one of these your synch has gotten better. This time is no different. Each one of these requires tight synch and you have it!

ETUDE FUN: Several of these at the end are based on classical etudes which are not easy bits to play. These traverse strings and require a high degree of precision. You tore through all of them!

PINKY REVENGE: Your pinky keeps getting better Soldier! This is yet another victory for your smallest finger! I'm stoked to see you ripping it up with pinky!

You nailed it Soldier.

You just Leveled Up!!!!!

Attached Image

Attached Image

QUOTE (Adam @ Mar 29 2020, 05:24 PM) *
My friend had a saying "Your scars make you stronger" and I sort of stole it. The wrist is healing pretty nicely and I just can't wear my watch yet (I feel naked without it!)

+Quote Post
Adam
Mar 30 2020, 10:26 PM
Learning Roadie

Thank you! I'm still in Game 1 and I love everything about it! If you ever get a chance to play it, especially the PSOne/PSX version, go for it! I now see why this game is one of the highest-rated games in history. This series is my only regret about not having a PS3 but I can emulate all the games besides MGS5, which is available on Steam.

I'm still not really comfortable with tapping, so I'm doing those exercises at a slower pace.

I'm trying to make my own music for the game I'm working on and today I came up with a sequence I really like and would like to extend it gradually. What do you think about it? Is the chord progression alright or is it off? I had the recording device quite far from the amp and it was a nighttime, so it's not of the best quality but it's just a sample, so I don't forget the idea.

Attached File  clean_section_1a.wav ( 4.03MB ) Number of downloads: 80

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 31 2020, 05:43 AM
I like your accoustic bit! When recording clean bits, some folks put an electric clean bit on another track and then record another version with a big of gain but very palm muted so you only hear the pick attack. Stack all those up in your daw and mix them together. The results can be striking!

On to the Mission!

Lets Debrief!

MEDALS OF HONOR

STREEEEEETCH: This first lick has a major stretch in it along with a open string. So there are a lot of things going on and you nail it!!

TRAVERSAL OF FORTUNE: Non stop fret traverse and even string traverse in this one. Your hand has to move non stop. You do it with no problem!

TAPPING TO KILL This is a very tricky tapping lick since it's moving the hands the entire time. Given the difficulty the speed is more than enough.

You got this sorted!

You just..

LEVELED UP!!!

P.S. I'm moving to florida on Tues so I may be out of things for a couple of days but I'll be back!!

Attached Image

Attached Image

QUOTE (Adam @ Mar 30 2020, 05:26 PM) *

Attached File  clean_section_1a.wav ( 4.03MB ) Number of downloads: 80

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Mar 31 2020, 05:44 AM

+Quote Post
Adam
Apr 3 2020, 02:56 PM
Learning Roadie
Thank you for feedback! That sounds interesting, I'll try that!

I hope it works for you! Sounds like a really BIG change (iirc, you live in Dallas.) The travel itself must have been tiring, even more if you were driving. I learned that many Americans lost their jobs without a prior notification which really sucks and the experts expect that many countries will follow. If that was your reason to move, I hope you'll be able to start over.

We don't have much impact on the future, so let's just stay healthy and survive this difficult time.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 4 2020, 06:59 AM
THe governor of Florida SHUT DOWN the entire state and put sheriffs on the highway to look for new york plates and stop northerners entering the state. We got eyeballed but our plates said Georgia so it was ok. THe day we moved, the governor declared florida SHUT. It was awful. Everyone had til midnight so panick buyin set in and it felt like a horror film. Almost didn't get our new place. Barely got it under the wire. We are finally here and I have wifi finally so I can be back in the game. Surrounded by boxes. This place feels about half the size of the last one with all these boxes. At least we have family here. That's a good thing smile.gif my aunts, brother, are here.

We have a LOT of covid cases in Florida. I hope you guys are staying stafe and staying healthy. Take care of you and yours. This is a crazy time. Nothing lasts forever, even a pandemic. Fight on Soldier!!

Todd

quote name='Adam' date='Apr 3 2020, 09:56 AM' post='776249']
Thank you for feedback! That sounds interesting, I'll try that!

I hope it works for you! Sounds like a really BIG change (iirc, you live in Dallas.) The travel itself must have been tiring, even more if you were driving. I learned that many Americans lost their jobs without a prior notification which really sucks and the experts expect that many countries will follow. If that was your reason to move, I hope you'll be able to start over.

We don't have much impact on the future, so let's just stay healthy and survive this difficult time.
[/quote]

+Quote Post
Adam
Apr 8 2020, 09:12 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 4 2020, 07:59 AM) *
THe governor of Florida SHUT DOWN the entire state and put sheriffs on the highway to look for new york plates and stop northerners entering the state. We got eyeballed but our plates said Georgia so it was ok. THe day we moved, the governor declared florida SHUT. It was awful. Everyone had til midnight so panick buyin set in and it felt like a horror film. Almost didn't get our new place. Barely got it under the wire. We are finally here and I have wifi finally so I can be back in the game. Surrounded by boxes. This place feels about half the size of the last one with all these boxes. At least we have family here. That's a good thing smile.gif my aunts, brother, are here.

We have a LOT of covid cases in Florida. I hope you guys are staying stafe and staying healthy. Take care of you and yours. This is a crazy time. Nothing lasts forever, even a pandemic. Fight on Soldier!!

Todd

I'm glad to hear you were able to enter the state. USA has this unique policy in this regard. Can't imagine any other country closing down certain regions or imposing a selection of whom they let in because of just the local government's decision. But it's a good thing because it does keep people from travelling without a reason and increase the risk of spreading the infection. People in here started walking their dogs and doing shopping much more often than before, just because they can't stand sitting at home all day. But those who leave home usually take all the precautions. I hope you get used to your new place and I'm happy to hear you're with your family smile.gif

Here in Poland, it seems the government put on a strict set of regulations early enough to prevent a major spread. We were lucky because the opposition parties wouldn't act that boldly and things could be ugly if they were in charge.
Because the economy and job market seems really unstable, I'll keep my both jobs for now, though one of them is really tiring. They both are of the kind that we'd be told to stay at home only in case of greater emergency. The good news is, none of them poses a risk, as the employers took measures to keep the thing going on while minimizing the risk.
My brother, on the other hand, will probably lose his job as a guitar teacher. He has no degree nor any essential knowledge but he was still able to teach kids simple songs. Now that the schools are closed down, he's at home and refuses to even search for a new potential job. He might move out and live with his girlfriend sometime soon and there's no way he'd be able to support the family like that. I just hope he realizes it before another girl dumps him because of it.

This is my brother's demo which I said I'd share some time ago but forgotten:

It's quite depressing but it helps me understand him a bit more, since he hardly talks to anyone

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 9 2020, 04:40 AM
I'm glad to hear you are not going to lose your job! 10 Million people here have applied for unemployment benefits so far and it's not over yet. Sorry to hear your brother lost his job teaching guitar sad.gif We are having record high levels of unemployment here currently. The only other time we have had this many jobs lost is during the 'Great Depression" when we lost 13million jobs but that took 3 years and we have lost nearly that many in just a few weeks. It's a bit nuts. We have no idea what the long term effect will be. Just hoping for the best.

Thanks for the share! It is a bit of a sad song. I hope he can start teaching guitar soon again!

Two of my Aunts and my brother lived in Florida so now that my folks have passed away they are the only family my sister and I have left that are close by so I'm glad to be closer to them all smile.gif We found a nice place not to far from all of them. We are in the middle of everybody. My brother is the farthest away at about an hour. I like Florida so far smile.gif Palm trees and sunshine. Still have not made it to the beach as they are pretty much closed.

QUOTE (Adam @ Apr 8 2020, 04:12 PM) *
I'm glad to hear you were able to enter the state. USA has this unique policy in this regard. Can't imagine any other
This is my brother's demo which I said I'd share some time ago but forgotten:

It's quite depressing but it helps me understand him a bit more, since he hardly talks to anyone

+Quote Post
Adam
Apr 9 2020, 09:57 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 9 2020, 05:40 AM) *
I'm glad to hear you are not going to lose your job! 10 Million people here have applied for unemployment benefits so far and it's not over yet. Sorry to hear your brother lost his job teaching guitar sad.gif We are having record high levels of unemployment here currently. The only other time we have had this many jobs lost is during the 'Great Depression" when we lost 13million jobs but that took 3 years and we have lost nearly that many in just a few weeks. It's a bit nuts. We have no idea what the long term effect will be. Just hoping for the best.

Thanks for the share! It is a bit of a sad song. I hope he can start teaching guitar soon again!

Two of my Aunts and my brother lived in Florida so now that my folks have passed away they are the only family my sister and I have left that are close by so I'm glad to be closer to them all smile.gif We found a nice place not to far from all of them. We are in the middle of everybody. My brother is the farthest away at about an hour. I like Florida so far smile.gif Palm trees and sunshine. Still have not made it to the beach as they are pretty much closed.

I imagined it would be huge but I had no idea this problem is that big. The most important thing right now is to stay alive and stay healthy. I know having a job is a basic thing these days but as long as people are alive and well, they can deal with any problem. People will probably prioritize spending money on the stuff that can help them survive, so brands like entertainment may have to adjust their prizes not to lose the customers. My employer went to great lengths to make sure the production can keep going while minimizing potential interpersonal contacts. And so far, we're safe. Our govt. keeps introducing more and more limitations and restrictions but thanks to that, we're not in a bad situation so far. Let's just all pray for the best. The medical staff is working day and night to stop the virus and I suppose they are closer to the solution every day.

I wasn't able to get the used bass I had my eyes on because of the country-wide lockdown but we have more or less the music tracks for the first game we're planning to launch around November. If you're still interested, I would be happy to feature your leads in the game. Let me know if you do and I will send you the tracks.
I was also able to hunt down a few MGS games, besides MG Rising, Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain, so if the lockdown doesn't end soon, I should have something to keep me busy.

I'm glad you've found your new place! Being around one's family is really important and supporting each other makes us human and makes us strong. Especially at times like this! I'm sure you'll have plenty occasions to visit the beach once the crisis is over! Please share a photo or two when you have a chance to go there smile.gif
Florida reminds me of GTA Vice City and it's the only way I could experience anything near visiting the real place.

This post has been edited by Adam: Apr 9 2020, 09:59 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 10 2020, 09:25 AM
I'm glad your jobs are going to keep on! Having a job during this crazy time is a blessing. We have more people out of work in this country than any time in the past 100 years. It's brutal.

I'd LOVE to contribute some guitar bits to your Video Game work!! I love to collaborate on music projects. I'm all in when it comes to making music for games. Sounds like fun!!!

Also looking forward to hearing new music from you!! I'm sure you will get a bass along the way. Surely this crazy virus can't last forever. Once it's over I look forward to the world getting back to something like normal. I'm about done with all this insanity.

I think you will really dig the Metal Gear bundle of games!! I gotta say, PHANTOM PAIN is just awesome. It's flat out amazing. One of the best I've ever played. Loved every single minute of it. You are in for a treat!!!

BTW Yup! Vice City is a lot like a place in Florida called MIAMI and surrounding areas. If you watch Miami Vice, it's that same vibe. That was decades ago and the strip with bars is still there. The more things change the more they stay the same. There are also some cool theme parks in Florida, Disney, Universal, etc. in Orlando. If you ever get the chance, it's worth a visit!!

Let's Debrief!!!!!

MEDALS OF HONOR

OPEN STRING MULTI: Not only are some licks based on open strings, they are multi pick as a bonus!! So your combining two things that are tricky in to one big tricky thing!!! The good news is you are accustomed to tricky bits!! Nice!

TRAVERSE MULTI So I thought I'd add fret traverse, and string traverse just to make things more tricky than normal. You didn't even break a sweat!! I'm throwing wads of very tricky bits at you and you just burn through them!!!

BACK TO FRONT
So then I have you go up the neck, but play paterns starting with higher notes pulling off to lower notes. So it's backwards from what one normally might play as they ascend the neck. Yet again, trying to make it tricky!! You didn't even flinch. SCORE!!

Yet another fine example of jumping in and knocking it out of the park!!!! I keep throwing wacky things at your fingers and your fingers keep adapting. Keep it up!!!

You just..

LEVELED UP!!!!!!

*You remain out TOP DAWWWWGG!!!!!!

Attached Image

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Adam
Apr 14 2020, 10:27 PM
Learning Roadie

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 15 2020, 05:04 AM
Just like the sister lesson numer 92 I"m looking for same things but I wanna see more complexity which is why this one is harder. Let's Debrief!!

MEDALS OF HONOR

PINKY POWER TO THE MAX: Just like last time, this one requires a bit of mastery on the weakest finger and you have have it!!!! Way back on Mission 1 I remember thinking that your pinky, like everyone's pinky, needed some work. You've worked it!!!!!! It's working great!

STREEEEETCH:
Also like number 2, Huge stretch in this one. One missed note and it falls apart as I'm sure you found out. You can fudge through this one. Every note has to be there or it won't work. You gotta stick the landing over and over and over. This will really help you as you move forward. Sooooo many techniques require a big stretch.

PACE: Perhaps most important, it's Not rushed or lagged. Keep this one in your warm up and run it once a day. This one riff will help your picking, especially for this type of riffing.

You got this Soldier. You are ready to approach the GREAT BARRIER!!!

You just..

LEVELED UP!!!

Attached Image

Attached Image

QUOTE (Adam @ Apr 14 2020, 05:27 PM) *

+Quote Post
Adam
Apr 15 2020, 09:58 PM
Learning Roadie

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 16 2020, 04:30 AM
SIDE NOTE: Do you have an instagram account? Is it blocked in your country? If you have one or can make one, please do so and shoot me the link!! Share it in this thread if you can. I'd love to follow you in gram!! I'd say put each and every one of these vids on gram to see if you can reach a wiser audience. Please do shoot me the link!!!

Here is me on instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/techniqueswithtodd/

This is the "Sister Lesson" From 93 with a bit more complexity. You may have noticed the similarities. I'm looking for the same exact things that I''m looking for in the sister lesson but I wanna see a higher level of mastery and I wanna see you nailing the more complex bits. Guess what, you nailed em!!!

LET'S DEBRIEF!!!

STREEEETCH: Just like the sister lesson, REACH is king. This one is built to be just flat out hard to play. It's not based on any known scale, it's just a hard pattern that forces the hand to stretch and the pinky to stick the landing. It's doing complex forms in Karate. It's intended to be difficult. Good news is you KRUSHED IT!!

STICKING THE LANDING Just like lesson 93, you miss the landing, you miss the lick. You got to nail it each and every time. Gotta stick the landing. Sticking it with the pinky is even better. Nice!!!!

PLACEMENT: Playing this on one fret is hard, playing on several is flat out crazy difficult. Not for you though!!
You did it with precision. SUPER SCORE!!!

Just like the original lesson, you barely broke a sweat playing this and it's a HARD Mission. I've noticed that your playing style as adapted to these challenging and each one seems to be less stress on your hand despite being more complex to play. I think your use of THUMBLESS and your CONSISTENT practice has paid off in spades!!!!
You just..

LEVELED UP!!!

Attached Image

Attached Image

QUOTE (Adam @ Apr 15 2020, 04:58 PM) *

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Apr 16 2020, 04:36 AM

+Quote Post
Adam
Apr 16 2020, 10:22 PM
Learning Roadie

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 17 2020, 07:06 AM
Wads of neoclassical bits in this one. The sister lesson to 94. This time, wads more complex and tricky. Not for you though! You breeze through it with no problem at all!!

Let's Debrief!!!

MEDALS OF HONOR

CHANGE IS GOOD: In this Mission I wanted your hands to change position constantly. I'm trying to throw you off balance by continually shifting where you have to land without giving you any gap/space/time to adjust to the next position. Congrats! You stick the landing each and every time!!

PRECISION: Every one of these licks requires a high degree of precision. Otherwise it will sound like sloppy. The good news is that you have earned your way to being a very precise player!

STRIKING DISTANCE:
You never over commit to any single strike, so you are always ready for the next one. This is the entire goal of this Mission and you NAILED IT!!!!

In short you just..

LEVELED UP!!!!!

You are withing spitting distance of the never before seen 200 Badge!!!!!

Onward!!!

Attached Image

Attached Image

QUOTE (Adam @ Apr 16 2020, 05:22 PM) *

+Quote Post
Adam
Apr 17 2020, 11:04 PM
Learning Roadie

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 19 2020, 10:40 AM
You are getting very close to the 200 Mark Soldier!! It's truly impressive! You've had a great run and I can see you getting better with each and every mission. same for this one, I see your precision, technique/timing all on a steady curve of improvement. It's great to see Soldier!! Can you feel it?

Let's Debrief!!!!

MEDALS OF HONOR

PINKY PRECISION: You've earned it on the Pinky Soldier. Its worth working the pinky every chance you get. It pays off in spades!

TRICKY BITS: I keep expecting you to trip on the tricky bits at some point and I"m wrong every time!! you are immune to tricky bits! It's as if your fingers just expect it and know how to cope. Which is great!!

PICKING THE STRANGE: I can ask you to pick any pattern under the sun and you would have zero problem. Super congrats on your picking adapting to everything I've thrown at you!!

In other words you just...
LEVELED UP!!!!!

Attached Image

Attached Image

QUOTE (Adam @ Apr 17 2020, 06:04 PM) *

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Apr 19 2020, 10:59 AM

+Quote Post
Adam
Apr 19 2020, 11:01 PM
Learning Roadie

--------------------

+Quote Post

32 Pages V  « < 21 22 23 24 25 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:52 PM