Where To Next?
steve25
Apr 30 2007, 07:43 PM
GMC:er
Ok so i can do the beginner lessons pretty comfortable, i can easily do the power chords, barre chords and i'm learning various different scales at the moment. I can do the licks, although i'll probably still practice those a bit so that i can get faster. I'll also keep practicing the excersises and obviously i'll be playing with the metronome too. They were all helpful but now i want to move away from the beginner lessons and do learn something new and i was wondering what lesson you'd recommend i did next because i don't want to go onto something that's too difficult just yet.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Apr 30 2007, 08:35 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (steve25 @ Apr 30 2007, 02:43 PM) *
Ok so i can do the beginner lessons pretty comfortable, i can easily do the power chords, barre chords and i'm learning various different scales at the moment. I can do the licks, although i'll probably still practice those a bit so that i can get faster. I'll also keep practicing the excersises and obviously i'll be playing with the metronome too. They were all helpful but now i want to move away from the beginner lessons and do learn something new and i was wondering what lesson you'd recommend i did next because i don't want to go onto something that's too difficult just yet.

I would suggest looking at a mixture - variety is great!

Gabriels blues lessons are based on simple yet very effective ideas and are a great way to start soloing using Pentatonic.

Any of Pavels lessons are great for technique - although Pavel plays very fast you don't have to; you can start learning his lessons at very low speed with a metronome, and over time speed up - you will still gain a lot from doing this.

If you want to look at some different styles and maybe find what suits you, Kris's lessons cover a lot of ground also, and you might find a sound or technique that really resonates with you.

Dammit, just look at everything- its all so good its hard to single anything out smile.gif Just remember that if it is too hard for you, slow it down until you can manage it and you will still be learning a lot.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Bitey
Apr 30 2007, 08:46 PM
GMC:er
You could do that or you could look for things that interest you. LIke the type of rock you like to play and what not. In my opinon I wouldn't go to in the style of. I wouldn't go to that until you have been playing for awhile because those are pretty difficult and set up pretty bad I think. All that stuff on one page and the looping boxes don't really help. Unless you like that. x_x

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 1 2007, 12:58 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Apr 30 2007, 09:35 PM) *
I would suggest looking at a mixture - variety is great!

Gabriels blues lessons are based on simple yet very effective ideas and are a great way to start soloing using Pentatonic.

Any of Pavels lessons are great for technique - although Pavel plays very fast you don't have to; you can start learning his lessons at very low speed with a metronome, and over time speed up - you will still gain a lot from doing this.

If you want to look at some different styles and maybe find what suits you, Kris's lessons cover a lot of ground also, and you might find a sound or technique that really resonates with you.

Dammit, just look at everything- its all so good its hard to single anything out smile.gif Just remember that if it is too hard for you, slow it down until you can manage it and you will still be learning a lot.

Great summary! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:47 PM