Suggestion For Lessons Layout
Matt
Jul 25 2007, 12:24 PM
GMC:er
Kris, I was thinking it might be a good idea to sort out the "In The Style of" lessons into genres (eg. blues, rock metal) or mayby by band (eg. All iron maiden lessons under the one title).

Just a thought anyway smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Keep Bleeding On 'Til The Day You Die, Forever Love it Loud" - Black Label Society
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 25 2007, 12:29 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Matt @ Jul 25 2007, 01:24 PM) *
Kris, I was thinking it might be a good idea to sort out the "In The Style of" lessons into genres (eg. blues, rock metal) or mayby by band (eg. All iron maiden lessons under the one title).

Just a thought anyway smile.gif

Yes - the current structure under Video Lessons will go into the bin as soon as the lesson database (which we have been working on for two months now) will be finished. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Matt
Jul 25 2007, 12:32 PM
Very quick response Kris tongue.gif . What do you mean?

--------------------
"Keep Bleeding On 'Til The Day You Die, Forever Love it Loud" - Black Label Society

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 25 2007, 12:37 PM
GMC Founder
There have been quite a bit of threads discussing the layout on the site - and my answer is: Yes the layout as it is now isn't very functional - two Swedish web developers are working on this (one of them is Henrik) so we will have a new layout quite soon. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jul 25 2007, 12:37 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Matt @ Jul 25 2007, 01:32 PM) *
Very quick response Kris tongue.gif . What do you mean?

With a database Kris could arrange so it's more easy to look up the lesson you look for. A search function could be enabled. Positioning, filtering etc etc.

But I don't know what Kris actual thoughs are though. I'm just saying what's would be possible.

+Quote Post
Matt
Jul 25 2007, 12:43 PM
Awesome

--------------------

+Quote Post
Travelin' Man
Jul 25 2007, 01:29 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jul 25 2007, 07:37 AM) *
There have been quite a bit of threads discussing the layout on the site - and my answer is: Yes the layout as it is now isn't very functional - two Swedish web developers are working on this (one of them is Henrik) so we will have a new layout quite soon. smile.gif

How about a lessons schedule for beginners. I know Andrew has a "Play by the numbers" listing for scales, such as learning the Minor Pent. scale 1st, than the Major scale, but do you think that you could get the instructors to give some pointers on how to learn these? I guess my problem is...I have learned the Minor Pent. scale, but Im still in box form...I could use some video instruction on helping me get thru that and into the next phase. I dont know if Im making any sense, but maybe some video instruction for the scales would be more helpful than just trying to read the scales by oneself.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 25 2007, 01:52 PM
GMC Founder
Believe it or not but we will have it all covered.

The new database system will be self-learning, and then [hopefully]present an ultimate schedule based on your own level. So it doesn't matter if you are beginner or pro.

Sounds to good to be true - I know. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Travelin' Man
Jul 25 2007, 02:39 PM
Thnx Kris...I can feel the weight off my shoulders already smile.gif

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jul 25 2007, 05:00 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jul 25 2007, 02:52 PM) *
Believe it or not but we will have it all covered.

The new database system will be self-learning, and then [hopefully]present an ultimate schedule based on your own level. So it doesn't matter if you are beginner or pro.

Sounds to good to be true - I know. biggrin.gif

Wow, that sounds really advanced. I hope your self learning system doesn't develope it's own intelligence, shut us all out and tried to take over the world. It has happened before you know, I've seen that on the TV.

Dr Falken, do you want to play a game? (Wargames sort of quote)

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jul 25 2007, 05:05 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Jul 25 2007, 08:00 AM) *
Wow, that sounds really advanced. I hope your self learning system doesn't develope it's own intelligence, shut us all out and tried to take over the world. It has happened before you know, I've seen that on the TV.
Dr Falken, do you want to play a game? (Wargames sort of quote)

The new layout sounds exciting, and yes Mickem, the site is more then likely going to be taken over by goverment demons wanting to grasp off the sites new found wealth and will keep Kris a prisoner for all eternity

( Knock on wood wink.gif )

-John

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
lefty01
Jul 25 2007, 05:58 PM
QUOTE (Travelin' Man @ Jul 25 2007, 06:29 AM) *
How about a lessons schedule for beginners. I know Andrew has a "Play by the numbers" listing for scales, such as learning the Minor Pent. scale 1st, than the Major scale, but do you think that you could get the instructors to give some pointers on how to learn these? I guess my problem is...I have learned the Minor Pent. scale, but Im still in box form...I could use some video instruction on helping me get thru that and into the next phase. I dont know if Im making any sense, but maybe some video instruction for the scales would be more helpful than just trying to read the scales by oneself.

That is a great idea. I'm in the same boat you are.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 25 2007, 06:02 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Travelin' Man @ Jul 25 2007, 02:29 PM) *

Also - have you checked my pentatonics lesson serie in the 101 section? It should help you exactly with the problem you are describing!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:28 AM