2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Siinthd's Bootcamp, Enter The Dragon!!!!!
Todd Simpson
post Oct 15 2019, 09:51 PM
Post #21

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

MISSION 34 DEBRIEF

On a quick note, part B is just straight up and down, where part C is the up 3 down 1. However, since Part C is far more difficult you get credit for B. You have a GREAT stretch. Really good pinky control as well. Let's Debrief!!
MEDALS OF HONOR
PINKY POWER Killer use of the pink to reach and hammer the notes

TRAVERSE THE UNIVERSE Looking for string traverse without any unwanted notes/noise. BAM.

RETRO ACTIVE Non stop back and forth on the strings without missing the strike or finger. Nice!

You ticked every box I was looking for.You just....

LEVELED UP!!!!
Attached Image

Sarge

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 13 2019, 11:38 PM) *
Well played!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Oct 15 2019, 09:51 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Oct 17 2019, 04:37 AM
Post #22

Group Icon

MISSION 35 DEBRIEF!!

MEDALS OF HONOR

*PINKY POWER ON TURBO: This is a complex way to run a scale but it works in any and every scale once you understand the pattern.

*PACE STEADY AS A CLOCK: It's easy to play certain bits quick, then tricky bits slow. It results in a very stuttery/uneven playing style which lacks precision and control. Good news here is that you don't suffer from this at all!!!

*CLEAN AS A WHISTLE: This is a tricky pattern and requires string traverse and muting and synch. You may not realize it, but you are now using a HUGE amount of technique all at once. Score!!!
You just..

LEVELED UP!!!!
Attached Image
Sarge

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Oct 17 2019, 04:39 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Oct 20 2019, 12:30 AM
Post #23

Group Icon

You are on a roll Soldier!!!! This one is particularly impressive. It's a tricky bit of finger dancing and you nailed it!!! Let's Debrief!!

MEDALS OF HONOR

*AGRESSIVE STYLE: Points for shear aggression on this one Soldier! It's built for speed and you ripped it a new one!!!

*PICKING: Second thing I'm looking for on this one is Pick Articulation. Not only did you tear through the Mission, you articulated the pick quite well. Score!

*TECHNIQUE: Lastly, I'm looking at overall technique, Solid palm mute, precise picking, not rushing or lagging, BAM!

In short you just ...

LEVELED UP!!!
Attached Image

Sarge

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Nov 1 2019, 06:15 PM
Post #24

Group Icon

MISSION 37 DEBRIEF
NICE!!! Very well fought Soldier. Also, still dig that IBBY!! You clearly have no problem playing these slow or briskly. You have developed some very fine skills and it's great to see. let's debrief!!

MEDALS OF HONOR

SYNCH SO TIGHT IT SHINES: First thing I'm looking for here is hand synch. Your hand synch is spot on slow and fast. You can play it at pretty much any speed and not lose synch. Also, your strikes are very certain and strong. Nice!

MUTE IT OR SHOOT IT Secondly, I want to see a good mute. On brisk licks, muting is critical. If you lose your mute, string noise enters the picture. Not a problem here. Your mute is strong and stable and you keep it centered. Great for here. Also, you have gotten a very good handle on picking while keeping your mute solid. Well done!

TICK TICK TOCK SHOOT THE CLOCK Lastly, I wanna see it tight! This is built to be tricky. All the back and forth is meant to allow your hands to miss a beat hear or there. Good news is you never miss a beat. Not once. Lots of back and forth. Easy to get it twisted but not!! Spot on.

You killed it and....
Attached Image
LEVELED UP!!!!!

Sarge

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Nov 2 2019, 04:21 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Nov 2 2019, 11:33 PM
Post #25

Group Icon

QUICK LICKS 38 DEBRIEF

Impressive work Soldier. You can play these slow or fast with no problem at all. I'm really impressed with your playing here. You are able to keep your precision even when you speed up. It doesn't get loose or sloppy. Many of the Missions to this point have focused on Picking. You are about to head in to the deep weeds where we start adding other techniques. I think you are more than ready. You are making great progress. I am really looking forward to your next chunk of vids!!

Let's Debrief!!!

MEDALS OF HONOR
PICKING FROM HELL!: Picking so go, it's nearly EVIL. Not a strike missed in the entire Mission. Picking is the first thing I"m looking for in this Mission and you KILLED IT.

HANDY SYNCHY! The second thing I need to see on this Mission is your hand synch. These drills are built to show any gaps in your synch. You've clearly spent time getting your synch under control Well done.

MUTE OR SHOOT! Lastly, I'm looking at your mute. These drills traverse every string, so there are plenty of chances to lose control of the palm mute and generate string noise. Not so here, you keep a great mute.

This is the LAST MISSION before you get your new CHEVRON on your badge. You've earned it to be sure!!

In short you just ....

LEVELED UP!!!

Attached Image

Sarge

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Nov 2 2019, 11:33 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Nov 4 2019, 09:08 PM
Post #26

Group Icon

This is a tricky bit of playing and you have zero problem with it. Very impressive work Soldier. Let's Debrief!!

MEDALS OF HONOR
CLEAN AS GLASS: First thing I wanna see is how clean this gets played. Each strike is measured and even and strong. Nice!

SO TIGHT YOU COULD BOUNCE A QUARTER OFF OF IT: Second thing I want to see is tight handy synch. This lick doesn't work without it. Right/Left hand Synch is Spot On, Per usual!!

STILL STRONG Lastly I want to see good muting and no string noise. Your mute is solid as a rock!

Another Victory!
You just..
LEVELED UP!!!!!!
Attached Image
[/color]
Sarge
[color=#FF0000]

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Nov 4 2019, 09:09 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Nov 5 2019, 11:50 PM
Post #27

Group Icon

MISSION 40 DEBRIEF!!!
NICE!!!! This one requires everything you've learned so far. It's putting it all together. You have zero problem with it. I think you are more than ready for crazy bits that start heading your way after lesson 50. That's the halfway mark to triple digits. Only one person has ever made it past the 100 level barrier but I think you could do it with no problem. You clearly have spent time on your technique and it's paying off!! Let's Debrief!
MEDALS OF HONOR

LEFT HAND SKILLS THAT KILL. The first thing I look for in this mission is your ability to traverse. That's why we use every string. You did a great job of keeping your mute stable and not moving your right hand around. It's easy to get pulled in to moving the hand instead of just rotating the wrist.
RIGHT HAND SKILLS THAT KILLL Second thing I want to see if that you can synch your pick strikes to the left hand without any gaps/lag. Some folks get their strikes and non strikes mixed up and it's easy to hear when it happens. Not you! Nailed it.

THAT SYNCHING FEELING Lastly I need to see perfect hand synch. Any drift and it sticks out like a sore thumb! The good news is, you don't have any!! If there are gaps it's easy to spot. You have really good right left synch. NICE!!

You KRUSHED it and ..
LEVELED UP!!!!

Attached Image
Sarge

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Nov 5 2019, 11:50 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Nov 7 2019, 03:19 AM
Post #28

Group Icon

MISSION 41 DEBRIEF!!

MEDALS OF HONOR

FINGER TRAVERSE: First thing I wanna see here is strong traverse skills. This lick requires you to traverse all the strings which is a way to test if you have the ability to traverse non stop. NICE!

PALM MUTE: You may have noticed that I"m always looking at the palm mute. It's the key to eliminating string onise. Keeping your hand planted while playing is a skill.

PICK ONCE HAMMER MANY: I have you play this lick struck and hammered. Your use of pick once, hammer many is very good and tightly controlled. Try the pick once hammer many on every scale you know. It's a great technique. Well done!

In short Solder, you just...
LEVELED UP!!!

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Nov 7 2019, 03:25 AM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th November 2019 - 10:33 PM