7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7  
Guitar Bushido - Mentoring Course !, with Sensei Ben..
Ben Higgins
Aug 25 2012, 09:43 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (jwizzle @ Aug 25 2012, 03:37 AM) *
Hey Ben, My journey awaits : ) I would think i would be more of a beginner only because i have never had any formal training. heres a video i uploaded about 4 months ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_fZNPnl2-c

Great playing on the video Josh, I like the fluid tapping. I'm also impressed at how you managed to turn into a super model type lady half way through....

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Sep 19 2012, 06:30 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jan 22 2012, 01:46 PM) *
laugh.gif You dudes crack me up (slang for 'make me laugh' !) biggrin.gif

Welcome.. you have crossed the threshold ! ph34r.gif

LOL... I'm assuming that "Crack me up" is not a slang expression used much in other countries?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 19 2012, 07:14 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mroberts70 @ Sep 19 2012, 06:30 PM) *
LOL... I'm assuming that "Crack me up" is not a slang expression used much in other countries?

I wasn't sure, so I thought I should add the translation in.. biggrin.gif

That is one gigantic canine mouth !! ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Sep 19 2012, 07:29 PM
QUOTE (maharzan @ Jan 23 2012, 02:24 AM) *
Who wouldn't want to join Ben. I will do all 3 levels. :-D Although I m good at AP stuff, I still feel a beginner level when it comes to theory/timing/bending/arpeggios and all those little guitar tricks. It shows here, my latest video. Would love to master these little skills. Thank you for bringing this Ben.

Me too. MTP was the reason I joined GMC in the beginning. smile.gif

Nice, so when Ben gets too busy... will you be my teacher?

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 19 2012, 07:38 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mroberts70 @ Sep 19 2012, 07:29 PM) *
Nice, so when Ben gets too busy... will you be my teacher?

Yeah, Chandra.. where have you been ???? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
lucbertrand
Oct 7 2012, 09:20 PM
Hello,
I'd like to get in this course. Is that still possible ? I'm a begginer.
Ciao

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 8 2012, 08:47 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (lucbertrand @ Oct 7 2012, 09:20 PM) *
Hello,
I'd like to get in this course. Is that still possible ? I'm a begginer.
Ciao

Absolutely !! smile.gif

What I did was originally have 3 levels:

Beginner
Intermediate
Advanced

But then changed it to 2 groups:

Apprentice
Warrior

Apprentice now covers Beginner/lower intermediate so you are welcome to get involved with the latest Apprentice Task here if you want:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=46299

What some people are doing is going right back to the beginning and starting there, because we covered a lot of very fundamental and basic techniques. You can find a whole list of previous Bushido Tasks here, so I recommend you bookmark this page smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde...p/Bushido_Tasks

One thing to remember is that you don't have to be able to play the Task at the same speed as the original lesson.. it's more about improving all the different aspects of playing. Getting better co-ordination, timing, freeing your fingers up etc..

Welcome aboard !!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
lucbertrand
Oct 13 2012, 01:30 PM
Thank you,
I'll do my best smile.gif

+Quote Post
Jerry Lee
Nov 1 2012, 03:43 AM
I am up for it. What do I need to do? I have played for about 2 years now, but did not have instruction until about the last 6 months, so I can play, but it's rough around the edges, and I have a ways to go.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 1 2012, 10:19 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jerry Lee @ Nov 1 2012, 02:43 AM) *
I am up for it. What do I need to do? I have played for about 2 years now, but did not have instruction until about the last 6 months, so I can play, but it's rough around the edges, and I have a ways to go.

Hey there Man, I will be glad to welcome you onboard ! As for what to do, it's nice and simple.

There's 2 threads you can choose to follow each week.

Apprentice Bushido Tasks - for beginner & intermediate

Warrior Bushido Tasks - for higher intermediate and advanced

It's easy to find the latest one because it will appear every Friday (or sometimes a day later) on my personal board here

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...p?showforum=215

The latest one will be whichever had the highest number in the title, like Apprentice Bushido Task 40, for example.

I'll post a Task for you guys to learn within one week. It'll be a lesson from GMC or it might be a lick that I've made. You can use that thread to post updates of your progress, or just ask for some help if you're having problems with it. In terms of fulfilling the Task itself you can either upload an audio take (in the form of mp3, soundcloud link etc) or a video take. It's completely up to you. Video takes help me see your fingers moving around so it may help me diagnose any problems you may be experiencing so that's the advantages of doing that but it's not necessary smile.gif

Hopefully that's made things understandable for you to jump in and get involved. Some of the GMCers have gone right back to the start of the Bushido Tasks and are learning them in the background. We covered a lot of fundamentals back near the start.. but you can also start with the most current Tasks. It's all down to your choice, that's the beauty of Guitar Bushido ! biggrin.gif

Here's a list of all previous Tasks..

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde...p/Bushido_Tasks

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Nov 1 2012, 10:20 AM

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:05 AM