2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Your First Stomp Box/ Effects Processor
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 3 2012, 07:50 AM
Instructor
Just like that smile.gif What was your first one?

The first effects processor I had, was a Zoom 505 biggrin.gif (That was happening around 1999)

And my first EVER pedal was (In 1999 exactly)

This pedal (The Rocktron I mean) was my first acquaintance with the term 'mid scoop', because of that mids knob you can see in the picture. It was a really aggressive distortion pedal that made A LOT of noise laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Oct 3 2012, 07:51 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Oct 3 2012, 08:36 AM
Learning Roadie
My first pedal was a Flanger, I bought it because I liked the name.

First effects processor the Zoom 9050s, which I gave away a few years ago to a 12 yr old that got his first electric guitar.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Oct 3 2012, 09:36 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
MXR Distortion bought in the 80's. This is a pic of a newer model I think but mine looks almost exactly the same, I would have to dig it out to see but I think mine has the Script logo rather than block letters.

[attachment=29106:p590.jpg]

Oh and my first Multiprocessor was the Digitech GSP-21 which I later upgraded to the GSP-21 Pro and then again to the GSP-21 Legend.

[attachment=29107:gsp_21_front.jpg]

And then a bit later the GSP-2101 Studio Tube . This unit actually had a tube preamp with 12AX7 's for tubes If I remember correctly.
Great rig at the time.

[attachment=29109:gsp2101_std.jpg]

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Oct 3 2012, 10:04 AM

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
Oct 3 2012, 09:47 AM
GMC:er
I even don't remember the name, maybe guitar port? It was from Line 6

Carmine

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Oct 3 2012, 09:52 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Awesome topic idea! smile.gif

My first effects processor was Zoom 505 II - I loved that unit!

I still think its one of the coolest processors I heard smile.gif
Its just so small and versatile.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Nether
Oct 3 2012, 11:13 AM
I bought a secondhand PodXt a couple of years ago. I use it mostly as Audio Interface to record my self cos i like the Guitar Rig's effects more.
I still don't have any pedals, should I? unsure.gif I don't play gigs so I don't think so rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 3 2012, 11:16 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Oct 3 2012, 08:52 AM) *
Awesome topic idea! smile.gif

My first effects processor was Zoom 505 II - I loved that unit!

I still think its one of the coolest processors I heard smile.gif
Its just so small and versatile.

I had that too! Right after the Zoom 505 biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
Oct 3 2012, 12:23 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Mine was a second hand refurbished boss DD-3. Still have it somewhere smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Oct 3 2012, 01:19 PM
My first pedal...Dunlop Crybaby

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Bossie
Oct 3 2012, 02:31 PM
This was my first one ..The zoom 9002 ..about 1990 i think...also my last

This post has been edited by Bossie: Oct 3 2012, 02:43 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 3 2012, 02:40 PM
Instructor
This thread is amazing!! smile.gif

This was my first pedal... I think that it was in 1995. I loved it because it was the first but I never got a cool tone from it....
Attached Image

and this was my first multiFx processor. I hated this one, it was always broken! sad.gif

Attached Image

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Oct 4 2012, 12:52 AM

DOD G7 back in 95. Wow... Now I know when I started and for how long I quit playing. laugh.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 4 2012, 07:18 AM
I went to Tampa Florida and all these local music stores specialized in Death Metal gear as Tampa was a big center of gravity of Extreme music back in the day smile.gif And I picked up what they called the "Death Metal Rig" which is pretty simpe.

1.)Peavy Rockmaster Rack unit
2.)BBE Sonix Maximizer

put that through just a clean power amp, or an amp on clean channel and BINGO! Instant Death Krunch. smile.gif I recently sold my trust Rockmaster on ebay for $200 which I was shocked at. That's more than I paid for it originally smile.gif IT had 5 effects loops which was really handy to and came with a footswtich. I replaced the tubes with GROOVE TUBES and it just melted faces every time. But I found OVERLOUD and haven't looked back.

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 4 2012, 08:23 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Oct 3 2012, 11:52 PM) *

DOD G7 back in 95. Wow... Now I know when I started and for how long I quit playing. laugh.gif

You quit playing, man? sad.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 4 2012, 06:18 AM) *
I went to Tampa Florida and all these local music stores specialized in Death Metal gear as Tampa was a big center of gravity of Extreme music back in the day smile.gif And I picked up what they called the "Death Metal Rig" which is pretty simpe.

1.)Peavy Rockmaster Rack unit
2.)BBE Sonix Maximizer

put that through just a clean power amp, or an amp on clean channel and BINGO! Instant Death Krunch. smile.gif I recently sold my trust Rockmaster on ebay for $200 which I was shocked at. That's more than I paid for it originally smile.gif IT had 5 effects loops which was really handy to and came with a footswtich. I replaced the tubes with GROOVE TUBES and it just melted faces every time. But I found OVERLOUD and haven't looked back.

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Todd, all these rack units are looking scary complicated to me laugh.gif

QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Oct 3 2012, 12:19 PM) *
My first pedal...Dunlop Crybaby

You funky man, you! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Oct 5 2012, 08:17 AM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
My first stompbox was my good old Tubescreamer, back in the Marshall days you just needed something to fire up your amps :-) I still have two of those old Tubescreamers, even though I am not really using them anymore, but I still consider them to be the best distortion pedal around.

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 5 2012, 08:35 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Oct 5 2012, 07:17 AM) *
My first stompbox was my good old Tubescreamer, back in the Marshall days you just needed something to fire up your amps :-) I still have two of those old Tubescreamers, even though I am not really using them anymore, but I still consider them to be the best distortion pedal around.

Amen to that! My band mate in Aria also uses the TS808 to fire up his Mesa Roadking

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 6 2012, 07:25 AM
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Oct 5 2012, 03:17 AM) *

The original TUBE SCREAMERS are so AWESOME that they have become collectors items and demand top dollar in Ebay. They make a great little preamp and tons of tolks still use them in the signal chain before their amp with the distortion turned all teh way down and volume mostly up to help saturate the signal patch in a tube amp and get that killer tone!

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 5 2012, 03:35 AM) *
Amen to that! My band mate in Aria also uses the TS808 to fire up his Mesa Roadking

BIngo! Still works great smile.gif A TS808 really adds nice kick to a tube amp. I recently bought a GREEN MILE pedal which is a sort of Mini clone of an original TS 808. I'm going to put it in front of my Vetta Head.

Attached Image

+Quote Post
squonk
Oct 9 2012, 03:13 AM
First was a Boss DS-1 Distortion, then a Morley Wah, The BOSS purple analog delay, Chorus and Phaser (I still have the Chorus and Phaser) and still have MXR Flanger (with 110 power cord!) MXR Dyna Comp, Rocktron Banshee, Phil Hilborne Treble Booster, Cry Baby wah, Ernie Ball Volume Peda, T.C.Electronics flashback delay. Then Effects Processors, Had the Roland GP8, Digitech RP14D, Boss GT PRO. Still own... Tech 21 PSA-1, TC Electronic G- Major, Digitech GSP1101, Line 6 XT Live, Boss VF-1 and don't even get me started on Amps. Im sure I've had more stomps but the above are the ones that stand out.

This post has been edited by squonk: Oct 9 2012, 03:14 AM

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Oct 9 2012, 03:37 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 4 2012, 07:23 AM) *
You quit playing, man? sad.gif

Todd, all these rack units are looking scary complicated to me laugh.gif

You funky man, you! biggrin.gif

I quit playing too.... bad mistake on my part. Like 20 years passed... WOW! Anyhow, I kept my Ibanez Tubescreamer SoundTank and my Dunlop Cry Baby Wah Pedal. Yikes!

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Andre Nieri
Oct 9 2012, 05:17 AM
My first pedal was a BOSS DD3!

Awesome pedal, btw...

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 12:31 AM