Songs?
kaznie_NL
Sep 19 2008, 02:09 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey Guys,

I know from experience that the best thing to learn is to learn songs. They keep you inspired and motivated. But I have a little problem with them. If I hear a melody, I recognize it, but I never know the name of it! So when I think it's time for a new song, I don't know what! What I want to know is a few bands with nice guitar playing (beginner/intermediate, so riffs/chords and a bit of loose notes) and some ways to get into more songs? How do you guys do that?

Maybe just get lost on youtube and write down interisting songs??

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Sep 19 2008, 07:22 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
What? is this such a hard thing to react on tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Sep 19 2008, 07:28 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Sep 19 2008, 03:09 PM) *
Hey Guys,

I know from experience that the best thing to learn is to learn songs. They keep you inspired and motivated. But I have a little problem with them. If I hear a melody, I recognize it, but I never know the name of it! So when I think it's time for a new song, I don't know what! What I want to know is a few bands with nice guitar playing (beginner/intermediate, so riffs/chords and a bit of loose notes) and some ways to get into more songs? How do you guys do that?

Maybe just get lost on youtube and write down interisting songs??

The best advice I can give you right now is MAKE A LIST of songs that you know how to play and songs that you would like to learn. The list can be both short term and long term , for example you might like something from Sting (short term) but maybe you also want to learn some technical piece (Satriani , Vai etc).
Try to learn 2 new songs a week if thats what gets you going. After a month you will have at least 8 songs down which is cool . Find your own pace, maybe you just want to learn songs and play other peoples music , then you might learn 5 or more songs a week (full songs of course).

I've learned way too many songs and like you mentioned I also have trouble remembering all of them (names bands etc) but that doesn't bother me at all because I learned FROM the songs not just songs as they are .

Hope this helped you man !

wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
Sep 19 2008, 09:07 PM
Instructor
Funeral for a friend have some nice songs and they do good arrangements of guitars that are not difficult, so maybe you can check that out.
biggrin.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post
sigma7
Sep 19 2008, 09:19 PM
GMC:er
sometimes its good to have a challenge so pick whichever song you want to try and think u can succeed on

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Sep 19 2008, 09:34 PM
Singing Instructor
well try some well known Nirvana songs(when it comes to the whole picture),and AC/DC has some pretty catchy riffs,like Highway to hell....etc
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_quer..._type=&aq=f

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 20 2008, 12:55 AM
Instructor
I listen to WInamp online radio, and you can see the name of the song and artist in the list.. Try like that, lot of interesting stuff there.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Danilo Capezzuto
Sep 20 2008, 09:39 AM
Instructor
Give a try to this link:

http://www.jango.com

Great radio, you choose the genre, then the radio will play songs in the style you like! What else???
Little description...just open the link, I had a great G'n'R song! Yeah!!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Sep 22 2008, 04:21 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thnx guys, some great tips I see!

I'm having some new lessons I'm gonna do (the southern rock series) and then I want to get busy with some GNR, and I'll check you suggestions!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:48 AM