22 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Phil66's Bootcamp, Glory Awaits!!
Phil66
Jan 30 2020, 08:32 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Cheers Sarge,

Would you like another take a little quicker?

Phil

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 29 2020, 11:05 PM) *
, I think you have a bit more gas in the tank. I think you may be able to push a bit faster. I don't want you to play sloppy of course, but your precision is very good, I think you may have more speed in your fingers than you realize.

You are ready for the next Mission Soldier!Sarge

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 31 2020, 02:01 AM
GMC:er
Well sure! I think your fingers have some hidden TURBO in them that we just need to let out smile.gif I've always harped on precision so much that I may have stunted your growth as a shred monster! smile.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 30 2020, 03:32 AM) *
Cheers Sarge,

Would you like another take a little quicker?

Phil

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 31 2020, 10:00 PM
Take 2 Sarge, was well ahead of the metronome in places.

https://youtu.be/fu08qvJAkFk

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jan 31 2020, 10:10 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 31 2020, 11:10 PM
NICE!! Brisk and smooth. Just the way it should be. I thought you had a bit more turbo in those fingers! Your precision on every lick is always good. I think you may have developed faster fingers along the way than you may be aware of. This drill is a good example. You sped it up but didn't lost any of your control/precision!

If possible, see if you can push your quick licks to the wall just before they fall apart. You have trained your hands well for precise playing, this is a chance to start training them for speed as well. Keep it up! Feel free also to put a slower and faster take on you mission vids, even if the faster take isn't used for grading, it will let me see how your progress is coming.
I look forward to the next one!!

Sarge
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 31 2020, 05:00 PM) *
Take 2 Sarge, was well ahead of the metronome in places.

https://youtu.be/fu08qvJAkFk

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 1 2020, 10:08 AM
Thanks Todd,
For work flow I'll do a controlled run and almost falling apart run in the same take, just one sound /vid sync wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 2 2020, 12:21 AM
Looking forward to seeing your progress! These Missions are built to push your abilities in every area. You have earned your way here and I think you are in great shape to attack these Missions!!
Sarge

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 5 2020, 09:43 PM
BC9 Take 1. Had to learn a new skill Sarge, multiple tempos in one Reaper track wacko.gif

Round 1 320bpm, Round 2 200 bpm 1/4 notes (crotchets). I don't know the key because it looks like C major or A minor on teh staff as there are no sharps or flats but there are accidentals and i don't know if that changes the key sig.

https://youtu.be/XKqosBMots4

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 5 2020, 10:55 PM
Well Fought Soldier! I can tell you have hanging on for dear life in the fast one at the start so there is some drift but that's fine as it's good to see what happens when you push a bit. The second on is clean and spot on so I'll use that take for the Debrief.

As this is a "drill" and moves chromatically up the neck, I'd originally left the key just in concert tone of C as it's not really in any particular key since it's just a symmetrical shape that repeats on two strings that gets moved around the neck.

Let's Debrief!!!

MEDALS OF HONOR

SNIPER The more precise one's picking is, the better one's playing is overall. You have sniper precise picking here which is great to see and what I'm looking for on this mission![/size]
CONSISTENCY The second thing I want to see on this Mission is consistency. After all, it's the same shape on two strings played around the neck. If one does not play in a consistent manner, it will stick out like a sore thumb. No worries here. Very consistent.
MUTE TO KILL The last thing I want to see if a good mute. Muting is key to playing imho. Without a good mute, nothing works well. You are already off to a good start of planting your palm on the bridge and keeping it there. Nice!!
You've got this one well in hand Soldier. You are ready to move on! You just..
LEVELED UP!!!

Attached Image

Here is an updated Guitar Pro and Pic just in case for reference. I'm going to ask FRAN to replace the bits in the existing lesson with these.

Attached File  9fix.gp5 ( 1.86K ) Number of downloads: 197

Attached Image

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Feb 5 2020, 04:43 PM) *
BC9 Take 1. Had to learn a new skill Sarge, multiple tempos in one Reaper track wacko.gif

Round 1 320bpm, Round 2 200 bpm 1/4 notes (crotchets). I don't know the key because it looks like C major or A minor on teh staff as there are no sharps or flats but there are accidentals and i don't know if that changes the key sig.

https://youtu.be/XKqosBMots4

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Feb 5 2020, 10:56 PM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 5 2020, 11:05 PM
Thanks Sarge,

Now I've learnt a new skill of multiple tempos in one take I'm going to have a different approach if that's okay with you. One slow and precise, one where I'm as quick as I'm comfortable with and one pushing my speed.

Let me know if you'd rather me not do that.

Cheers

Cadet Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 7 2020, 02:02 AM
Works for me!!!! Just let me know which one is which!!
Todd
Thanks for recreating the tab!!Attached File  BC10toddfix.gp5 ( 3.8K ) Number of downloads: 201
Attached Image

Thanks Sarge,
Now I've learnt a new skill of multiple tempos in one take I'm going to have a different approach if that's okay with you. One slow and precise, one where I'm as quick as I'm comfortable with and one pushing my speed.

Let me know if you'd rather me not do that.

Cheers

Cadet Phil[/quote]

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Feb 8 2020, 10:48 PM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 11 2020, 09:43 PM
Hello Sarge,

I am working on Bootcamp 10, I'm just letting you know that I am struggling to get the sequence into my fingers even in position one. I'll get there but this one is odd for some reason. Also I'm back into my work with Gab and giving that more time, it's bloody hard for me though having to play more than one note at a time rolleyes.gif (https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/30-Beginner-Blues-Riffs/)

Cheers

Phil

This post has been edited by Phil66: Feb 11 2020, 10:03 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 11 2020, 10:31 PM
DONT GET STUCK ON MISSION 10!!! It's still in the intro section!! You don't have to play this all the way up the neck!! This is just the "getting ready" set of Missions. Play 4 bars of it to show you have the pattern down and you can move on. Don't let yourself get overly stuck on any one Mission. That's PART OF WHAT I"M TRYING TO TEACH smile.gif That you can learn something "enough" to make it useful and move on. There are 400 of these. So learning to let it go is part of the Lesson and it ill help you in every area of your life. I know you in particular struggle with this. So it's a very important part of bootcamp for you much more so than anyone else.

As for gabs work, one note at a time is how we all learn. So take it as it comes. Also part of what you are hear to learn. Patience. smile.gif

Onward!
Todd
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Feb 11 2020, 04:43 PM) *
Hello Sarge,

I am working on Bootcamp 10, I'm just letting you know that I am struggling to get the sequence into my fingers even in position one. I'll get there but this one is odd for some reason. Also I'm back into my work with Gab and giving that more time, it's bloody hard for me though having to play more than one note at a time rolleyes.gif (https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/30-Beginner-Blues-Riffs/)

Cheers

Phil

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 12 2020, 09:24 PM
Cheers Sarge,

I can't even repeat the first four bars twice correctly, this is currently my "Red Lorry Yellow Lorry" laugh.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 13 2020, 02:17 AM
Sure you can. You've just got to learn to listen to the click and play with them on the click. Also for tricky licks like this you have to slow down at first. The speed will come. These licks are complicated to serve as a speed bump to keep you from trying to shred it, It's done on purpose to get you to focus on your technique and precision. The easy breasy shred licks are coming later on down the line once you have your technique sorted out. Otherwise it will just be slop city. Make sense?
Todd
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Feb 12 2020, 04:24 PM) *
Cheers Sarge,

I can't even repeat the first four bars twice correctly, this is currently my "Red Lorry Yellow Lorry" laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 13 2020, 08:40 AM
Makes perfect sense Sarge, it's that fourth bar sequence with the pinky going ot the 5th fret on the D string that gets me but for some reason, the first time around it's ok but on the second cycle of the four bars it goes awry even playing very slow so it's not a technique thing but a brain thing.

I WILL get it for sure, I thought Quick Licks had sorted my sequence remembering skills but there will always be one that gets one eh?

I reckon I'll get a video to you by the weekend.

Cheers

Phil

UPDATE:

Here is Take 1 Sarge, I had a couple of minor mis-fingerings and played it up the neck until I fluffed it and converted it into a little eight note lick finale laugh.gif

https://youtu.be/IHiWSXpD8As

This post has been edited by Phil66: Feb 13 2020, 09:53 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 14 2020, 12:59 AM
SORTED!!! Nicely done Soldier. This one is a bit tricky as it just keeps being tricky as it travels up the neck. You've got it handled!!! Let's Debrief!
MEDALS OF HONOR

*SYNCH OR SWIM: Great job on synch! Perfect use of the metronome. One strike per click. Well done!!

*MUTE OR DIE: Due to the massive amount of string/fret traverse, you gotta keep a good palm mute on this guy or string noise will just wreck it. Your mute is spot on. Well done!

*AGGRESSIVE STYLE: This is a hard lick to play. You jumped right in and pushed the envelope and still kept it under control. Nice!!!
In short you just....LEVELED UP!!!!

Attached Image

ote name='Phil66' date='Feb 13 2020, 03:40 AM' post='774747']Makes perfect sense Sarge, it's that fourth bar sequence with the pinky going ot the 5th fret on the D string that gets me but for some reason, the first time around it's ok but on the second cycle of the four bars it goes awry even playing very slow so it's not a technique thing but a brain thing.
I WILL get it for sure, I thought Quick Licks had sorted my sequence remembering skills but there will always be one that gets one eh?

I reckon I'll get a video to you by the weekend.

Cheers

Phil

UPDATE:

Here is Take 1 Sarge, I had a couple of minor mis-fingerings and played it up the neck until I fluffed it and converted it into a little eight note lick finale laugh.gif

https://youtu.be/IHiWSXpD8As

[/quote]

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Feb 14 2020, 01:01 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 15 2020, 07:09 AM
Thanks much for the better version of MISSION 11 Tab!! Here it is with a pic.
Attached File  BOOTCAMP_11_FIX.gp5 ( 4.23K ) Number of downloads: 198

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 19 2020, 09:55 PM
Hello Sarge,

This week and the foreseeable future are going to be a serious struggle. I won't bore you with details but I am doing what I can when I can in both Bootcamp and Gab's stuff

Do be expecting much though, at least for a couple of weeks, I may even end up regressing somewhat but I can always start progressing again when things settle down. I do think I'll get a BC11 take to you soon.

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 20 2020, 06:24 AM
Life has a way of getting in the way of important stuff like playing Guitar!!! You've worked hard to get where you are. Don't let it slide too much as it is a perishabled skill!

Sarge
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Feb 19 2020, 04:55 PM) *
Hello Sarge,

This week and the foreseeable future are going to be a serious struggle. I won't bore you with details but I am doing what I can when I can in both Bootcamp and Gab's stuff

Do be expecting much though, at least for a couple of weeks, I may even end up regressing somewhat but I can always start progressing again when things settle down. I do think I'll get a BC11 take to you soon.

Cheers

Phil

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 20 2020, 09:23 AM
I know Todd, I'm trying but it's 10000% unavoidable, mainly work related. When you own the company you can't get out of stuff wink.gif

Nothing bad just one of the workers in hospital (we only have 10 machine operators so it's a large percentage of the machining workforce), a £70k new machine coming so having to prep for that as 5 two ton machines have to be moved out of the way to get it in and then they have to be put back, levelled etc, then training for new machine and getting familiar with it during out of hours so to speak, so as not to encroach on other work that I need to get done in normal hours. BEFORE all that we need to do extra hours to cover the time we're going to lose.

I also signed up for Ben Higgins' 10 day intense speed accelerator course open to a limited amount of students over on Facebook. I may have to pull out of that as my first allegiance is with GMC. I'll see how it goes.

Sorry to bore you with details, hope you understand. Some days won't be affected some will be heavily affected wink.gif

Cheers

Phil

This post has been edited by Phil66: Feb 20 2020, 02:16 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:32 PM