Question About Action
steve25
May 20 2008, 12:25 PM
GMC:er
I just wanted to know if you absolutely have to have a low action in order to play fast? I can see how it would help but can you still play fast if you have a higher action?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 20 2008, 01:30 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Well if you got a good technique you can play fast , but than again having higher action looses you some valuable time for speed picking..

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
steve25
May 20 2008, 02:15 PM
Ok i see, well my Low E at 12th fret is about 2.5mm from fret i think and High E is just over 2mm i'll double check that though

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 20 2008, 02:23 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
That sounds ok to me smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Jenkinson
May 20 2008, 03:30 PM
A good player, like our instructors here, would be able to play faster on any kind of action. However, they would all be able to play faster on a guitar with low action.

Also, it is not only the action that effects the player but the feel of their guitar. The width of the neck, the size of the frets, and the shape of the neck all play a role in making the player feel comfortable and therefore playing their fastest and most accurate. You must try all these different options and find what suits you best!

This post has been edited by Jenkinson: May 20 2008, 03:31 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
May 20 2008, 04:53 PM
Instructor
i agree with Jenkinson what he said the important thing to feel what you are playing

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
May 20 2008, 04:58 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
I also agree to the feeling thing. On my guitars for example the strings are not just 1/100 mm above the frets, I prefer a more moderate, medium setting, it just feels better to me.

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:32 PM