Blind Guardian - Somewhere Far Beyond
Rating 4 V
The Uncreator
Jul 14 2007, 03:29 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde...r_Beyond_Review

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 14 2007, 03:58 AM
GMC:er
yeah man! that its an awesome album!!! my favorite is The Bard Song acoustic version.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 14 2007, 04:04 AM
Yes!!!

The Bards Song - In The Forest is amazing, when i saw them live, it was the highlight of the show!

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 14 2007, 04:29 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jul 13 2007, 09:04 PM) *
Yes!!!

The Bards Song - In The Forest is amazing, when i saw them live, it was the highlight of the show!

yeah man, i cant imagine, Blind Guardian is great, the vocalist has a great voice. But this is an old album right? i remember that my english teacher introduced this album to me when i was in 5th grade, im 16. Jeez, time flies so fast.... sad.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 14 2007, 02:41 PM
Yeah, i reviewed this one cause it lets you know and feel what there old albums sounded like and there new ones.

+Quote Post
icedern
Jul 16 2007, 01:01 AM
What an awesome album....
Agree 100% with your review.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Pavel
Aug 7 2007, 03:44 PM
Instructor
Ah yeah - Blind Guardian! I love that album! It's old but very good! smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Wyvernx
Aug 7 2007, 08:26 PM
Great Review I love Blind Guardian!
my favorite songs are
1.Mirror, Mirror
2.Valhalla
3.Nightfall
4.The Bard's Song
5.Precious Jerusalem

+Quote Post
Gen
Mar 6 2008, 03:15 AM
Great Review smile.gif

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Mar 6 2008, 03:29 AM
i just ordered this cd. the bards song makes me cry though, theres so much feeling to it.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 6 2008, 04:09 AM
Indeed there is, One of the most beautiful songs ever.

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Mar 6 2008, 07:33 AM
Instructor
mmm I must say that I don't have this album so don't worry that I'm gonna buy it !!! biggrin.gif
BTW I have lot of BG albums, as every good metal fan that I am XD

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Mar 6 2008, 09:38 AM
Nice review.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Goliath
Mar 6 2008, 12:19 PM
My favorite track off this album is "Journey Through the Dark", probably. I also really like the Bard's song as well as "Time, What is Time", and "Ashes to Ashes". A good compliment to this album is Imaginations from the Other Side.

When I saw BG live, they finished the show with Bard's Song. Hansi simply sang "Now you all know" and then just let the crowd sing the rest, it was really cool.

BG is one of the few bands where each time they update their sound I still really like em, from their earlier thrash days, to their kind of melodic thrash mid years (IFTOS, SFB, etc), to their current new more melodic sound, I like em all.

hah I was about to send you a PM to the effect of "Sheesh calm down" Uncreator then I saw the original post date.

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 6 2008, 08:12 PM
Haha yeah, all my Old Blind Guardian threads are popping up! laugh.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:39 AM