Pre Production
eaglesnh4
Mar 15 2011, 09:25 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi guys, im going into an expensive recording studio with my band in mid april, now i was wondering if you could give me a few pointers on pre production, like a check list, any tips and advice on going into an expensive studio for the first time?
thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Mexican Fender Stractocaster
Vox VT100
Line 6 Flextone iii
Vox VFS5 Footswitch
Boss Tu-3
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JamesT
Mar 16 2011, 03:18 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
Have your songs down so good that you can get em in one take blindfolded and playing backwards. biggrin.gif
Seriously, the better you and your band can play their parts, the better the overall experience will be. Sorry to be so general, and simplle, but since time is money in a pro studio, you don't want to be messing too many takes. At home or in personal studio, it's definately a different story where you can take all day to get one solo and if you're not happy with it, take another day or two. Plus at home, you can write the parts one at a time. Again, sorry no specifics. Maybe ...put new strings on your guitar. tongue.gif Hopefully the others will have something to add.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Mar 16 2011, 08:02 AM
Learning Tone Master
Have everyone use the same tuner. There are small differences even between different models of tuners. Most important, like JamesT said, is to know the songs very very well.

Have fun. smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:19 AM