Web Cam Recording, ---->this is how you knock a non locking nut guitar out of tune
fatb0t
Jan 16 2008, 04:11 AM
GMC:er
Hey guys, I downloaded Marcus's line6 podXT tone file today and immediately came up with this riff.

I was also in the GMC chat and mattuck was talking about something to do with web cams, so I decided to make my own web cam video.

It was interesting because I have (apparently) a crappy web cam, but I used my Firewire 410 interface for recording so the audio is pretty good.

This is a thrashy riff + solo I came up with combining all the techniques I learned here at GMC, thanks for all the lessons and all the cool people in the forum. It has some errors but whatever it's a first take, I'm not Yngwie.

and my girlfriend told me I look extremely dorky in the video. haha

Anyways, let me know what you think.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1...19162&hl=en

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Maximus
Jan 16 2008, 04:20 AM
Good work. Don't pay any attention to your girlfriend. My wife always says I make dumb faces when I play too. That's just their way of containing the ego of a Rock God!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard, Ibanez rg 750, Ibanez Mikro, Washburn Acoustic
Amps: Crate GX 1600 1/2 Stack, Line 6 Spider 2, Vintage Kustom Tube Head
Effects: Line 6 POD X3 Live, Line 6 PocketPod
Misc: Line 6 FBV Express Foot Switch/Volume/Wah-Wah Pedal

+Quote Post
JCJXXL
Jan 16 2008, 04:58 AM
Nice. And thanks for sharing.... and one more thing... don't hold back on the faces! Let 'em rock!

+Quote Post
Tomy Jeon
Jan 16 2008, 05:23 AM
Cool riff and solo man. The audio's real good! But get a new webam wink.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Obi-Wan Kenobi dislikes babies!

+Quote Post
preownedguitar
Jan 16 2008, 05:27 AM
Haha, awesome work. I think you need more faces, you need to start "Kai Muhlen it up"

--------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strings:
Any 9-42's for strings.
Amp:
Carvin Bel Air 212 (2x12 50 Watt all tube), Carvin 212E Cabinet (2x12 120w)
Gutars:
Ibanez RG2550e Prestige, Galaxy black
94' Fender Stratocaster Black w/Black pearl pickguard
Pedals:
Keeley Flexi 4x12 Ibanez Tube Screamer
Keeley DS-1 Ultra
Keeley Compressor
Morley Bad Horsie 2 Contour Wah
Pod X3 Live
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Jan 16 2008, 05:44 AM
ahah thanks guys

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 16 2008, 11:05 AM
Instructor
NIce effort man for your first time! Congratulations! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jan 16 2008, 11:29 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Gary Moore is way ahead of you, in regards to the facial expressions i.e. wink.gif

Good playing, great sound, work a bit on the speedy licks. I mean like the one right after the intro rhythm I think for thrash should be a demonic speed to keep the fast pace up, since you make some fast picking in the rhythm track intro there biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by MickeM: Jan 16 2008, 11:34 AM

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Jan 16 2008, 06:40 PM
Thanks MickeM, yeah my speed isn't so great yet. I just learned those licks here in the past month or two so I got a long way to go =)

Woot! 100th post

This post has been edited by fatb0t: Jan 16 2008, 06:40 PM

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jan 16 2008, 06:47 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (fatb0t @ Jan 16 2008, 06:40 PM) *
Thanks MickeM, yeah my speed isn't so great yet. I just learned those licks here in the past month or two so I got a long way to go =)
Me too, I lack demonic speed and I've played for 17 years laugh.gif ...or rather sad.gif

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Jan 16 2008, 08:58 PM
Instructor
Nice playing dude, and the faces rock! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
skennington
Feb 3 2008, 11:26 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
QUOTE (Toni Suominen @ Jan 16 2008, 02:58 PM) *
Nice playing dude, and the faces rock! biggrin.gif

+1 Good job man!

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Feb 4 2008, 09:25 PM
QUOTE (fatb0t @ Jan 15 2008, 09:11 PM) *
Hey guys, I downloaded Marcus's line6 podXT tone file today and immediately came up with this riff.

I was also in the GMC chat and mattuck was talking about something to do with web cams, so I decided to make my own web cam video.

It was interesting because I have (apparently) a crappy web cam, but I used my Firewire 410 interface for recording so the audio is pretty good.

This is a thrashy riff + solo I came up with combining all the techniques I learned here at GMC, thanks for all the lessons and all the cool people in the forum. It has some errors but whatever it's a first take, I'm not Yngwie.

and my girlfriend told me I look extremely dorky in the video. haha

Anyways, let me know what you think.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1...19162&hl=en

Nice take, if you can change your web cam record settings to a smaller resolution size it might keep up with your fingers. Helped on mine. I set mine at like 170X123<< example pretty small
Video is smaller but much better quality. Great take and sound none the less. wink.gif

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Feb 4 2008, 09:30 PM

--------------------
- leedbreak

Practice Makes Perfect, only when it is perfect practice :-)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 06:19 PM