Rhcp Playing Unplugged At Super Bowl
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 4 2014, 01:55 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hey - has anyone watched the Super Bowl? smile.gif

It was my first time watching a Superbowl (and actually following a American Football match) and it was very fun as I was cheering for Seahawks. There was a live broadcast in HD here on FOX tv. I was pleasantly surprised and blown away how cool was the half time show smile.gif That Bruno Mars vocals guy dances like James Brown. It was awesome to see RHCP (one of my favorite bands) perform.

Now what surprised me later on when watching the recordings on youtube is that RHCP played unplugged?! smile.gif
I'm not sure I have ever watched so real looking playback show. They seem to have recorded a live sounding backing track, all with the improvised mid section of the song (Give it away) and added Bruno Mars layers... Very interesting approach indeed and now I wonder, was everything playback? I suppose they had the no vocals backing and that Anthony was singing live? Were drums played live too or were they comming of the backing track.

All in all - if you haven't watched it, check it out here. It was quite a performance smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Feb 4 2014, 02:07 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
Yes I watched the game too, and was disappointed that it was such a blowout. I thought the halftime show was the best I had seen in many years. I didn't notice RHCP being unplugged though, either way it was still a great show. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Feb 4 2014, 09:18 AM
Learning Rock Star
That transition from Bruno Mars to RHCP was fantastic! They just come out of nowhere and put on a show! I'm pretty sure Josh Klinghoffer on guitar isn't there..

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
Feb 4 2014, 10:47 AM
GMC:er
90% of all 'live' music on TV in the states is pre-recorded tracks (or just the record). Depending on the artist and their label they may mix in some live performance. Been this way for a long time. The Super Bowl is no different. Even with their budget think about the logistics of getting a spectacle like that together and getting great sound together - mix, monitors, etc. It's 'show' not a concert.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 4 2014, 01:59 PM
Instructor
Video deleted! mad.gif

We are from that 10% that play on tv! not playback. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
korblitz
Feb 4 2014, 02:04 PM
Learning Apprentice Player

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Feb 4 2014, 02:31 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (korblitz @ Feb 4 2014, 02:04 PM) *

thats is so freakin metal

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 5 2014, 12:34 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Here is the answer from Flea about the show : http://redhotchilipeppers.com/news/454-a-message-from-flea

Very insightful and cool to hear it directly from him smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 5 2014, 04:35 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Feb 4 2014, 08:34 PM) *
Here is the answer from Flea about the show : http://redhotchilipeppers.com/news/454-a-message-from-flea

Very insightful and cool to hear it directly from him smile.gif

I just come here to post the same. Nice to find it. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Feb 5 2014, 07:49 AM
Learning Rock Star
So RHCP posted an update on their website regarding the Super Bowl performance, check it out here. Personally, it didn't matter for me, because I can understand how hard it would be to have everyone set up so quickly in a situation like that, and besides, everyone knows RHCP can put on a show!

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Feb 5 2014, 08:04 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
What a stand up guy and a class act. I was never a huge Chilli Pepper fan but I have always loved Flea, outstanding bassplayer and showman and a great guy from interviews I have seen.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 5 2014, 09:02 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 5 2014, 03:35 AM) *
I just come here to post the same. Nice to find it. smile.gif

Haha! You guys... I was reading and thought - hey! I got Flea's answer from Facebook - let's post it! And there you were tongue.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:33 AM