AHHHHH!!!! !%$%@%34
ezravdb
Jan 21 2007, 09:14 PM
GMC:er
I cant hold it anyy longer mad.gif blink.gif mellow.gif

My floyd rose system is going crazy :S

its started when i tried to tune my guitar in Eb but isnce then it just goes ecverytime out of tune :s i tried everything and the bridge in falling to one side:

this shit drive smy crazy man :S i cant practice with this :S

Do any of you guys have experience with those bridges? i think i have a edge pro 2 tremolo or something.
any tips? its my first floating bridge(?) guitar...

Ibanez RGT 5 EX (limited edition)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by ezravdb: Jan 21 2007, 10:13 PM

--------------------
The coolest new community: Lockerz Wanna join Lockerz?
Send me a PM with your mailadress.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
moorkop
Jan 21 2007, 09:56 PM
i have the same problems with my floating bridge ibanez (but only when i play with tremolo arm
The only thing i can say is go to a (good)music shop, or the shop you bought it at and let them repair it, in my case it has to do with the springs inside the guitar
Its a common problem with cheaper tremolo (ibanez) guitars, but i think its fixable

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
gear
guitar: ibanez SA 260 FM
amp: hughes & ketler blue edition 60 wts (in garage)
amp you hear: crappy yahama borrowed from friend
effects: dunlop jimi hendrix wahwah

+Quote Post
ezravdb
Jan 21 2007, 10:04 PM
Hmm... I turned the bolts of the trem at the back of the guitar and it is better now. i hope it stays like this.
I hope its not a cheap ibanez prob cauz this gtar aint cheap laugh.gif

This post has been edited by ezravdb: Jan 21 2007, 10:06 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jan 21 2007, 10:33 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
First off, when you have new strings stey will stretch and it will go out of tune.

To set your tremolo, ALWAYS first release the headlock if it's a double lockin tremolo.
Set the fine-adjustment screws in mid position.

Tighten or losen the screws you photoed until the trem is aligned with the top... it's either the bridge itself or a notch on it's side you aim with.
Also, to set the action of the strings there are two screws on the top side, beside the E-strings so to say, where you adjust the height of the bridge and strings. You can lower (for speed) until the strings touches the frets, then raise a tad, you dont want thar burring sound.

When you got the right height and the bridge in level you're good to go, tighten the headlock.

Well, actually one should intonate it. Meaning that an open E and E on the 12'th fret (and of course all other strings) are both showing E on the tuner, way too often it differs.
You can set that by adjustig the string length by that slider on the bridge.

+Quote Post
ezravdb
Jan 23 2007, 11:54 PM
its still perfect in tune thanks for help

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:25 PM