Few Problems I Noticed
orgonbox
Nov 30 2009, 11:28 PM
GMC:er
Hi guys,

few problems i noticed using Safari on Imac :

when bookmarks open there is a portion of white background missing, folder are still there but difficult to read on the black background !!
here is screenshot :

bookmarks.png

and it is impossible to edit bookmarks

another bug : when playing the lessons backtracks one cannot loop the track

last problem :
login has to be done each time GMC site is launched ( cookies erased )

i hope this can help

About the colors chosen if i may suggest i feel all this white not very pleasant, a bit agressive maybe !!

thanks for all wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by orgonbox: Nov 30 2009, 11:37 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
Dr.Arp
Dec 1 2009, 12:01 AM
GMC:er
Me too !

I cannot even log in ... pw and accountname are correct...
There are some major viewing problems in the forum section.

thx for any help

QUOTE (orgonbox @ Nov 30 2009, 11:28 PM) *
Hi guys,

few problems i noticed using Safari on Imac :

when bookmarks open there is a portion of white background missing, folder are still there but difficult to read on the black background !!
here is screenshot :

bookmarks.png

and it is impossible to edit bookmarks

another bug : when playing the lessons backtracks one cannot loop the track

last problem :
login has to be done each time GMC site is launched ( cookies erased )

i hope this can help

About the colors chosen if i may suggest i feel all this white not very pleasant, a bit agressive maybe !!

thanks for all wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 1 2009, 12:05 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Dr.Arp @ Dec 1 2009, 12:01 AM) *
Me too !

I cannot even log in ... pw and accountname are correct...

Is there a specific lesson which doesn't let you log in? If so, please let us know which one!

--------------------

+Quote Post
intemperateContr...
Dec 1 2009, 12:23 AM
Learning Tone Master
Differences I noted (cons):
1. Drop-down menus appear about 288+ PX below the link that initiates the drop-down menu itself (had to scroll down to see it).
2. Cant access to view "My Profile" from "My Controls," even once logged in, but must follow a link from a previous post to view it.
3. Old user-name and login was invalid at first. I had to renew my password and re-enter my email before login was successful.
4. Most Ads (banners/text) to the REC forum do no Link to the REC forum, except for the bottom link in "Workshops" (very inconvenient).
5. So far some links (not all links) take 10 times longer to produce and load the intended URL completely.
6. Links in "My Profile" such as "Posts, Friends," etc. in the horizontal menu is the same color as the background and can't be seen.
7. The ongoing chat in "What's happening Now" shows numerous chats going on but no format for the chats (no subjects). Why join in?

Differences I noted (Pros):
1. Cool New design - should be even better once all the bugs are worked out.
2. People, there are always a few bugs when first implementing new programming
to any web site on a major scale (I do this kind of work on occasion).
3. My old bookmarks work fine.
4. No problem with cookies on my part.
5. I also noticed the missing backgrounds on some pages at first, but it takes some time
for a web server to fully absorb new CSS/ HTML commands being implemented suddenly.
6. patience is a virtue.

What's more: I think adding 1-2 weeks extra to every subscribers time limit would be quite continental in
this particular circumstance - or to whatever time limit it takes to work the bugs out. Trust me... cool.gif

In conclusion: Get your web programmers to comb through these extensive details
most thoroughly - may take a week or two as my experience suggests. To all else,
I say, patience is a virtue. smile.gif Always more time to practice - I know I need plenty of it...
I HAVE SPOKEN!!! Ha! tongue.gif

Ps. I'm using "FireFox" version 3.5.5. - Explorer also works rather well (Safari Sucks [sorry]).

+Quote Post
birthmark
Dec 1 2009, 09:09 AM
Learning Roadie
A practical note: Not technically bug more of a usability issue :- when viewing a lesson, the links to other similar lessons on the right hand side - the text is way too short - cant read the title at all. How about reducing the thumbnail by 50% and reducing font size a little so its possible to read the title.

Just my 2c! Love the new design! Thanks guys!

--------------------
discover your discomfort!

+Quote Post
Staffy
Dec 1 2009, 11:29 AM
Learning Tone Master
The dropdown for "Bookmarks" when You are wieving a lesson, falls behind the lesson window so the text cannot be read.... (IE8) The same appears to some other drop-downs as well... Guess its the Z-order of the layers....

Also, if You login on the main page, You're not logged in when viewing lessons.... should'nt the cookie be a general one ???
(I know there is separate log-ins for the forum & the lessons, but couln't this be combined???)

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
maharzan
Dec 1 2009, 05:28 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
After thinking probably I was kicked out, the site is beautifully working and I can login (single login now I guess). I wasn't able to login and if I ask for forgot password, it sent me to 404.. but now it seems to be working. The only concern I have now is isn't there a way to remember the login ? I have to login everytime I close/open another window.. sad.gif Earlier, at least it worked on the forums. smile.gif

Other than that, everything looks good, from what I have browsed. Good Job guys.

It looks beautiful on safari MBP.

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:01 AM