***welcome To Gmc Virtual Bands***, Read this first before joining up
Chris Evans
Dec 14 2007, 10:51 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Welcome to GMC Virtual bands!!! Where it all comes together!

The ultimate goal for this venture is mainly to have fun, its a way of playing with other people across the internet and putting into practice all your hard work, but apart from that I think it will help us develop as players.

You need to be involved with something with an objective, you can keep all your practice routines going, carry on learning lessons developing new techniques then use these bands to put it all together cool.gif

In order to keep it all pleasant and fun, some basic guidlines have been set forth so we ask that each participating member be aware of them. smile.gif

It may be worth a quick read through the collaboration guidlines as the principle involved here is pretty much the same.

The new format will consist of three bands:
  • Beginner
  • Intermediate
  • Advanced
Each month we will have an open sign-up for Band Leaders for each Band, then, a Leader will be picked at random.

Members can sign up under there respective level (please be honest here) and a group of 5 will be randomly picked. This will be the group for that month. At this point, it will be up to the group to decide on what they want to do. We hope that this will open up more opportunity for other members to join in. smile.gif

"Band Leaders" will be responsible for organising their bands, setting "record by dates" etc (with help if needed of course), They will also need recording facilities/software etc a reasonable knowledge of recording would be good to either do final mixes for your group or help other members to do it, also to set up drum tracks and bass backing if necessary and will need to comunicate with the band members over songs, song parts etc. A thread will be set up for each band, that can be used to discuss song parts and what not. Keep in mind that being the leader will require a little more work on your part. smile.gif

"Band Members" will need to have facilities/software to record their parts and send them to the "Band Leader" Suggestions etc involvement in song disscussions is the key to this working well.

Please remember these bands are for you to enjoy and hopefully help all of us gain a further understanding of playing with others.
Can I also remind you that should you decide a cover song not to post the tabs on GMC but use an outside resource such as ultimate-guitar.com - Thanks

If and when you are picked,members will need to be active in their threads,(Please Subscibe To The Thread) this is to keep comunication going so everyone knows whats going on, recording of parts will need to be uploaded within a decent timescale (this should be regulated by the appointed Band Leader), comunication is basically the key here, its not fair on active members to wait endlessly for the odd one to upload their takes without good reason, things happen that are beyond our control sometimes, so just let people know!

Band Leaders will need to follow up their members if activity from them is too slow, Band Leaders needing help with this can ask to chase up if required but should try and deal with the problem directly if possible, removal from a band for a member that has shown no signs of involvement at all could well be a possibility depending upon the nature of their disappearence, We will not enjoy one little bit removing someone so please DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN.

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN GUYS & GALS !! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Smells: Dec 19 2008, 03:25 PM

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
dreadlocks
Feb 22 2009, 07:40 PM
GMC:er
Sounds exciting smile.gif
I considre myself as an Intermediate guitar player
But i write and record music as a total Beginner tongue.gif
I hope you find me useful

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Smells   ***welcome To Gmc Virtual Bands***   Dec 14 2007, 10:51 PM
- - Robin   Genius idea!!   Dec 14 2007, 11:46 PM
- - Smells   Thanks Robin   Dec 14 2007, 11:49 PM
- - Hemlok   Wow! Insanely cool idea!   Dec 14 2007, 11:54 PM
- - SLASH91   Dang, I need to learn how to record; this sounds s...   Dec 14 2007, 11:58 PM
- - Smells   QUOTE (SLASH91 @ Dec 14 2007, 10:58 PM) D...   Dec 15 2007, 12:01 AM
- - Smells   Just a thought?? hows about an instructors ban...   Dec 15 2007, 12:28 AM
|- - Iluha   QUOTE (Smells @ Dec 15 2007, 01:28 AM) Ju...   Dec 15 2007, 12:51 AM
|- - Juan M. Valero   QUOTE (Smells @ Dec 15 2007, 12:28 AM) Ju...   Dec 16 2007, 12:34 PM
nnn
- - kyldeee   Oh boy would I like to be a part of this, unfortun...   Dec 15 2007, 12:39 AM
- - JVM   Sounds very fun. it seems like the most in demand ...   Dec 15 2007, 12:55 AM
- - Smells   QUOTE (JVM @ Dec 14 2007, 11:55 PM) Sound...   Dec 15 2007, 12:58 AM
|- - Vinod   Great smell What a cool Idea   Dec 15 2007, 12:41 PM
nnn
- - Smells   Ok, you may have seen that I`ve closed the thr...   Dec 16 2007, 01:08 AM
- - Smells   QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Dec 16 2007, 11:3...   Dec 16 2007, 12:44 PM
|- - Juan M. Valero   QUOTE (Smells @ Dec 16 2007, 12:44 PM) of...   Dec 16 2007, 02:45 PM
nnn
- - Smells   no probs Juan   Dec 16 2007, 04:42 PM
- - Khaos Keith   this is such a good idea! i cant wait to see h...   Dec 17 2007, 08:09 PM
- - stratman33   man i wish i had recording gear This sounds soo...   Jan 2 2008, 01:06 AM
- - Smells   QUOTE (stratman33 @ Jan 2 2008, 12:06 AM)...   Jan 2 2008, 01:08 AM
|- - stratman33   QUOTE (Smells @ Jan 1 2008, 07:08 PM) w...   Jan 2 2008, 01:12 AM
|- - beebo   Man i wish i wasn't poor and had even a lil re...   Jun 26 2008, 08:52 PM
|- - skennington   QUOTE (beebo @ Jun 26 2008, 03:52 PM) Man...   Jun 27 2008, 12:26 AM
nnn
nnn
- - stratman33   ok Smells i downloaded reaper, i played a little s...   Jan 2 2008, 01:28 AM
- - Hisham   nice idea   Jan 2 2008, 01:29 AM
- - Fran   Great idea!! I hadn't realized before...   Jan 8 2008, 09:18 PM
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:55 AM