2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Going Wireless
Scorpiotic
Aug 16 2008, 09:54 AM
GMC:er
I'm now thinking about buying a wireless system for my guitar... all these cables drive me crazy, tripping over them and making a mess...

Have done some research (not a whole lot though tongue.gif), and found systems by AKG and Samson

Unfortunately, i've not been able to find any useable reviews, mostly just "promo-reviews" from the companies themselves...

I'm looking at http://www.samsontech.com/products/product....cfm?prodID=145 and http://www.akg.com/site/products/powerslav...anguage,EN.html (or something like that)

My point is;

Do anyone have any experiences with either brand (or even better; these very products), and can help me decide on which is the best purchase... The price is usually of some help, but i've realized they are quite different from place to place... akg seems somewhat more expensive, however, at some places they are quite cheap, so I get really confused xD
Please help tongue.gif

Thanks ^^

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Scorpiotic: Aug 16 2008, 10:20 AM

--------------------
- Scorpiotic
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 16 2008, 06:56 PM
Instructor
I don't have direct experience with those, but I do know that cheapest wireless systems are not a good buy because the signal can be interfered. I guess top quality wireless systems are great but they are pricey as well.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Aug 16 2008, 07:40 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
I only used Shure and Sennheiser systems so far, both are very good.

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Scorpiotic
Aug 16 2008, 11:29 PM
if anyone wants to mention some system they have used/tried themselves that could be worth a shot (and not too expensive:P) could you please name them and give a short review? would be great ^^

it's nice to buy something good if you're gonna buy somethin at all ^^

thanks ^^

--------------------
- Scorpiotic

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Aug 16 2008, 11:56 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I would love to know about this subject as well ! I always wanted to buy a nice wireless system to use on stage! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
MickeM
Aug 17 2008, 12:15 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Perfect for stage bit not for studio cause of slightly lower sound quality.

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Aug 17 2008, 08:41 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
the only systems I have tried have been from Samson, cant remember the model numbers as it was a little while ago but both I`d give the same opinion of.

Both where fairly cheap (I add that I didnt buy either of these just borrowed to try out) and both "felt" really cheap as well, the base units seemed ok but the actual transmitter part that clips onto your strap or belt was incredibly cheap looking and seemed like they would break very easily, if I remember rightly the only major difference between the two systems was the range, anyways I found that they cut out a fair bit or made an awful lot of noise and you lost signal strength as well, the battery wear rate in the transmitter was really bad as well so get yerself some rechargables.

I`ve never given a wireless system a thought since trying these two out, I`m sure at the higher end of the scale that they are more than ok but thats not going to be too "cheap", cables drive me mad from time to time but at the end of the day theres no substitue for a really good quality lead direct from guitar to amp.

Just my 5 cents smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Aug 17 2008, 01:50 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Aug 16 2008, 08:40 PM) *
I only used Shure and Sennheiser systems so far, both are very good.

yeah, my girlfriend uses Shure and it's great (but she's a singer eh !!). I tried Senheiser and works good, other wireless systems are not too much good, so I'll go for those wink.gif

+Quote Post
Scorpiotic
Aug 31 2008, 06:44 PM
I ended up buying a set from Shure, with a PG-1 transmitter and PG-4 diversity receiver... works wonderfull, cant hear any delay and found out that it works well through walls as well ^^ although i cant hear any difference, i'll probably stick with cables for recording, to be safe tongue.gif Recommending it to anyone up for wireless guitar system wink.gif

And thanks to those who responded ^^,

--------------------
- Scorpiotic

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Aug 31 2008, 07:37 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
For recroding I would always use a cable, in the studio I am not running around all the time, only on stage I don't want to be tied up wink.gif

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 11 2008, 01:23 PM
Recenly I heard great things about this system from Line6 - http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Lin...stem?sku=271159

Any one got it maybe ? I am very tempted to buy it in the future! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Sep 11 2008, 02:07 PM
Cheap Wireless systems pick up Radio 1 in the UK. I was playing some metal and Diana Ross was coming out of my amp.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Sep 11 2008, 02:30 PM
Instructor
I have Samson VLX VR2. Not top quality but I never had any problems

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Saint_arc
Sep 13 2008, 10:03 AM
I started out with two different types, the SURE Wireless, and the Sennheisser. Had lots of trouble with the SURE. The Sennheisser's are the way to go. I gig all the time with that setup. I don't remember he model number though. I will post it though later on here with the price. But yeah its awesome. Free's you up to do some jumpin around or some kicks.hehehe Later!!

mike

--------------------
Mike

Alaska..........I'm so going to retire here!!!!

Guitars:
Parker Fly, Fender Deluxe American Strat, Taylor 414ce.

Amps: Fender Supersonic 212/head, Fender Champion 600, Powered Mackie floor wedge.

Effects: BOSS GT-10, Line 6 POD Pro XT, Sennheiser Wireless, TS 808 tube screamer, BOSS RC-20XL Looper, SW-95 Cry Baby Slash wah, Weeping Demon Wah, Route 66 overdrive/compression, and many more.

+Quote Post
PanicProne
Jan 27 2009, 08:40 PM
I'm also looking into getting a wireless system. Since I usually act somewhat similar to the guitarists of dillinger escape plan when I'm on stage I'll be looking for a nice system, preferabl without any body pack, in other words just the plug (not sure if that's the right english word for it but at last in sweden it works.. tongue.gif). Any suggestions/experiences with these type of systems?

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Jan 27 2009, 10:27 PM
My friend had made the mistake of getting a guitar center credit card...you know one of those deals where its no interest for 12 months kind of thing...

well he bought 2 wireless systems (cant rememner which i think they were suhr) (and along with a marshal full stack, a new guitar...etc) and it was pretty cool...the sound quality was live worthy, but not studio quality....its really cool to have live....we used them in a concert we played last summer, and we could walk up all the way to the back row of an 1000 seat auditorium and still have 100% signal...really cool....def gave us an audience perspective on our tone so we could adjust to what we feel they could hear better.

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jan 27 2009, 11:26 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Sep 11 2008, 02:07 PM) *
Cheap Wireless systems pick up Radio 1 in the UK. I was playing some metal and Diana Ross was coming out of my amp.

Hahaha biggrin.gif

A friend of mine's got a AKG system, and that works like a charm smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 27 2009, 11:38 PM
Anyone got experience with Line6 digital wireless systems ?? I read good reviews on them..They seem to be the cheapest option..

--------------------

+Quote Post
tommyboy
Jan 28 2009, 03:28 AM
I've got this unit and I love it. No tone loss and very reliable. I get about 10 hours play time with the transmitter on a AAA bat. I've owned Nady and Samson and I prefer this unit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/AKG-Pro-SR-40-wireless...93%3A1|294%3A50

tommyboy

--------------------
Rock Hard or Not at ALL!!

+Quote Post
PanicProne
Jan 28 2009, 11:48 AM
QUOTE (tommyboy @ Jan 28 2009, 03:28 AM) *
I've got this unit and I love it. No tone loss and very reliable. I get about 10 hours play time with the transmitter on a AAA bat. I've owned Nady and Samson and I prefer this unit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/AKG-Pro-SR-40-wireless...93%3A1|294%3A50

tommyboy

Does the plug sit good inside the input jack or has it ever fallen out? What about that battery cover. Any chance it could fall of?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 10:35 AM