Http://www.harmony-central.com/, this is a website with billions of reviews
Kevin98497
Jun 10 2007, 12:03 PM
GMC:er
sorry to make the gear reviews forum less useful kris. but now we can steal reviews from harmony central biggrin.gif
and post it here as our own. or we can just use harmony central. anyway, its a great website with loads and loads of user reviews and launch news etc.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 10 2007, 01:16 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (kevin-riff-after-riff @ Jun 10 2007, 01:03 PM) *
sorry to make the gear reviews forum less useful kris. but now we can steal reviews from harmony central biggrin.gif
and post it here as our own. or we can just use harmony central. anyway, its a great website with loads and loads of user reviews and launch news etc.

Thanks you for the information Kevin.

The idea here is not to - as quickly as possible - get lots of gear reviews. But to get to know what other gmc:ers think about different gear. As far as I am concerned harmony-central isn't full of gmc:ers - although there might be some...! smile.gif

I will move this post as it does not contain a gear review.

Kris

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
Jun 10 2007, 10:21 PM
okey poke,gd idea

+Quote Post
LoveJimboLove
Jun 11 2007, 12:35 PM
Harmony central is a little iffy for reviews. A lot of the reviews are made by anonymous users who have little experience with guitars, want to boast about their new purchase, are not objective or are sabotaged for whatever reason.

Good reviews are from professional publications, whether they be online or printed, or from a source where you a sure they are a lot of regular users who know what they are talking about...like here.

biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by LoveJimboLove: Jun 11 2007, 12:35 PM

--------------------
www.myspace.com/idkillyouformyself

Guitars:
Jackson RR1 Snow w/ black pin stripes
-Duncan

Jackson KE2 Emerald Green
-Duncan

Jackson Soloist SL1 Lightning sky
-Duncan

ESP M-II Urban Camo
-EMG

Amps:

Practice
Marshall MS4 and Marshall AVTX 275

Gig
Marshall AVTX 112 412xA and 412xB

Pedals:
Marshall Guv'nor 2 and JH-1

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 11 2007, 02:06 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (LoveJimboLove @ Jun 11 2007, 07:35 AM) *
Harmony central is a little iffy for reviews. A lot of the reviews are made by anonymous users who have little experience with guitars, want to boast about their new purchase, are not objective or are sabotaged for whatever reason.

Good reviews are from professional publications, whether they be online or printed, or from a source where you a sure they are a lot of regular users who know what they are talking about...like here.

biggrin.gif

I totally agree but with one Caveat - People are motivated here as anywhere else to post reviews of pieces of kit they really like, so I expect we will get a lot of positive reviews on this board. Not that that's bad, it becomes more of a reccomended kit list at that point which is still extremely useful (I already know 2 excellent distortion pedals I could buy now - didn't before!).

On the other hand, if we encourage people to post reviews of pieces of kit that they have had bad experiences with I think it will make the whole board more objective - as long as people are very constructive about why they didn't like a particular thing and don;t just trash it.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
Jun 25 2007, 08:20 PM
yer we is all wll professional! dont listen to those lily n00bs tongue.gif

+Quote Post
jammer91
Jul 11 2007, 11:12 AM
The reason i prefer GMC to harmony central cause wheater you accept it or not, most gear reviews on other sites are rigged.

The GMC reviews are tested by the user and people seem more genuine on GMC (sounds odd, but atleast here people are here to help out and give real reviews accepting the draw backs). On most other sites people just write a good review cause they have that peice of gear....

So GMC owns (but they have few gear listings)

--------------------

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 10 2007, 12:27 AM) *
Part of the key to success is to never call yourself good...

My RIg:
-Epiphone 1967 FLying V
-Line 6 POD XT live
-VOX Valvetronics AD30VT
-Yamaha EG-112
-Yamaha GA-10
-Some Yamaha acoustic which is a magnet to dust under my bed

End World Hunger

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 11 2007, 11:46 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (jammer91 @ Jul 11 2007, 12:12 PM) *
The reason i prefer GMC to harmony central cause wheater you accept it or not, most gear reviews on other sites are rigged.

The GMC reviews are tested by the user and people seem more genuine on GMC (sounds odd, but atleast here people are here to help out and give real reviews accepting the draw backs). On most other sites people just write a good review cause they have that peice of gear....

So GMC owns (but they have few gear listings)

Very good point - if you read a review at our forum you can be sure it's NOT (edited - I forgot the "not" and thereby missed the point!) sponsored!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 11 2007, 11:52 AM
Instructor
When i was looking for reviews about the camcorder before buying one i found 20 different reviews: in 5 it said the camcorder rules, in another 15 i saw the camcorder sucks. So how can you decide anything if reading those reviews??

Btw. i'll make a review of RC-7 smile.gif smile.gif Can't wait!!!! Autumn!! I've never been so eager about autumn coming hahahaha

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Jul 11 2007, 12:15 PM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jul 11 2007, 08:52 PM) *
Btw. i'll make a review of RC-7 smile.gif smile.gif Can't wait!!!! Autumn!! I've never been so eager about autumn coming hahahaha

sad.gif when is Autumn? ( so i can get excited too )

- Hemlok

--------------------

+Quote Post
777-HAIRMETAL4HI...
Jan 15 2008, 01:14 AM
how did you add what gear you had like that?
can you tell me how

This post has been edited by 777-HAIRMETAL4HIM-777: Jan 15 2008, 01:14 AM

--------------------
My Gear:
Electrics: Paul Reed Smith Custom 22, color (Abalone)
Sqiure Telecaster, color (butterscotch)
Acoustics: Taylor 314e
1972 or 73' Alvarez
Suzuki 12-string
Amps: Fender Blues Junior (30 watts of bluesy goodness)
On the Floor: Boss pedal board
Boss DS-1 (California modified)
Boss Loop Station (stompbox)
Boss Chromatic tuner
Ibanez Phaser and Ibanez Chorus/Flanger
Crybaby Wah-wah
Boxers or briefs: ha ha just kidding

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:50 PM