A Questions About My Video Lessons
ygro
Dec 28 2011, 02:21 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hello, I´m new here (4 or 5 days) and I´ve posted my lessons in the rec forum. I have a questions... (sorry for the english rolleyes.gif )

1) The teachers said me that my strumming need more dynamics... can anybody explain me it?

2) I need that when I am strumming all strings sound like one... Could It be my mistake because I´m using a 0.73 pick wich is more difficult to make it? When I play electric guitar I use them and allways use this type of pick because I´m confortable wuith it... shoul I change the pick to strumming?

3) I need mojo... rolleyes.gif ... is the mojo a natural feeling or can I develop with time or experience? I know I am a good ear for music, but my tecnique isn ´t the best, only 3 years (33 years old) my fingers don ´t respond like a guy of sixteen... well... where is my mojo laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif ????

4) I am not happy with the videos that I´ve posted, I think that I can do it better... if I pass the lesson can I repost a new take again of the same lesson?

I think that it´s all for now... again, sorry for the english & great great web...

thanks!!!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 7)
Sinisa Cekic
Dec 28 2011, 02:53 PM
Instructor
Playing with dynamics is actually playing with a sense,feeling! What does this mean? Try to mix your strumming or picking technique and move from one to the other. How? Change dynamics from stroke to stroke jumping from loud to quite : down-stroke loud ,up stroke quite..f.e.

Mojo ? let's say ....Creativity and Inspiration wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Sinisa Cekic: Dec 28 2011, 02:55 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
ygro
Dec 28 2011, 03:28 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Dec 28 2011, 02:53 PM) *
Playing with dynamics is actually playing with a sense,feeling! What does this mean? Try to mix your strumming or picking technique and move from one to the other. How? Change dynamics from stroke to stroke jumping from loud to quite : down-stroke loud ,up stroke quite..f.e.

Mojo ? let's say ....Creativity and Inspiration wink.gif

thanks!!! I know understand the dynamics...

"I know I am a good ear" laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 28 2011, 05:26 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hi there! smile.gif

Let me try to answer some of the questions.

1) Dynamics - basically it means a difference between playing softly (quiet) and aggressively (loud). Same as when we speak, we sometimes pronounce some letters or words in a sentence more loudly in order to make a statement. In music it means combining loud and soft sounding notes to make the music sound organic and natural. When it comes to strumming, you would usually strum some beats louder the others. For example try strumming loud 1 and 3 beat (in 1 2 3 4 , 1 2 3 4 counting) and softer strumming the 2nd 4th beat. Also do it vise versa, can you hear the effect?

2) I always found it a bit easier to strum with a softer pick. It is very good to try out different picks and different sizes - you see which fits better. To make it sound like 1 note, try to do it more quickly and angle the pick a bit when it brushes the strings.

3) Mojo heheh smile.gif This is a hard one. Let's say that it is the feeling. You don't want to be robotic and play like a "midi" file - everything in perfect timing, with exact same attack, vibrato, dynamics. You want to feel the music and make it "random" that it suits the music you are playing. Little imperfections here and there make the human and unique sound. Experiment with dynamics and getting "into the groove of the song" and you'll get it.

4) Yes - you can always post a new take if you'd like a new feedback about it.

Great to see you in the REC section! smile.gif

QUOTE (ygro @ Dec 28 2011, 02:21 PM) *
Hello, I´m new here (4 or 5 days) and I´ve posted my lessons in the rec forum. I have a questions... (sorry for the english rolleyes.gif )

1) The teachers said me that my strumming need more dynamics... can anybody explain me it?

2) I need that when I am strumming all strings sound like one... Could It be my mistake because I´m using a 0.73 pick wich is more difficult to make it? When I play electric guitar I use them and allways use this type of pick because I´m confortable wuith it... shoul I change the pick to strumming?

3) I need mojo... rolleyes.gif ... is the mojo a natural feeling or can I develop with time or experience? I know I am a good ear for music, but my tecnique isn ´t the best, only 3 years (33 years old) my fingers don ´t respond like a guy of sixteen... well... where is my mojo laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif ????

4) I am not happy with the videos that I´ve posted, I think that I can do it better... if I pass the lesson can I repost a new take again of the same lesson?

I think that it´s all for now... again, sorry for the english & great great web...

thanks!!!!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 28 2011, 08:46 PM
Instructor
Don't worry, and be patient it will come to you. You need to be patient with your strumming. Keep the wrist of the strumming hand relaxed, and work on slow tempo to get the feel, then get faster and faster.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Dec 28 2011, 10:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ygro @ Dec 28 2011, 03:28 PM) *
thanks!!! I know understand the dynamics...

"I know I am a good ear" laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

You are not alone man! We could go together on English grammar lessons laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jan 4 2012, 03:40 PM
Instructor
Great feedback guys!

I think mojo and dynamics come from just enjoying the music, and letting go... I know it sounds a bit spiritual or whatever, but try to just let go and become one with the rhythm, you'll definitely see improvement,

Know when to stop thinking

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 4 2012, 09:54 PM
Instructor
Great advice from everyone smile.gif dynamics come in time once you get to feel a groove or music piece! Keep working and it's gonna come, trust me!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:34 AM