4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Most Disturbing Movie?
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 11 2008, 02:39 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Gen @ Jan 11 2008, 01:34 PM) *
The most disturbing movie i have ever seen is a japanese movie called
"Visitor Q" , i cant talk about the subjects here tongue.gif but here's a little trailer on youtube, you wont see anything but you will approximatively know what the movie is about : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg7pHEn75Cg...feature=related

I think most of his films are disturbing. You seen the Masters of Horror Imprint Episode? That is disturbing. The end of Sleepaway Camp 1 is quite disturbing also especially considering when it was released.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gen
Jan 11 2008, 03:13 PM
i Haven't seen these ones, i gotta check them tongue.gif
Not that im a fan of disturbing movies, but i think there's some interesting stuff in some of them.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jan 11 2008, 03:37 PM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Jan 11 2008, 05:05 AM) *
Britney Spears Crossroads unsure.gif

I'm going to have nightmares now just thinking about that movie unsure.gif laugh.gif

Another one to add would be Glitter with Mariah Carey....very disturbing

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Jan 11 2008, 03:40 PM
QUOTE (Gen @ Jan 11 2008, 02:34 PM) *
The most disturbing movie i have ever seen is a japanese movie called
"Visitor Q" , i cant talk about the subjects here tongue.gif but here's a little trailer on youtube, you wont see anything but you will approximatively know what the movie is about : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg7pHEn75Cg...feature=related

Haven't seen Visitor Q, but the movie Audition, directed by the same dude is probably the most disturbing movie I've seen.

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 11 2008, 03:47 PM
QUOTE (botoxfox @ Jan 11 2008, 02:40 PM) *
Haven't seen Visitor Q, but the movie Audition, directed by the same dude is probably the most disturbing movie I've seen.

Visitor Q is twice as disturbing as Audition lol. You need to see it.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Jan 11 2008, 04:50 PM
QUOTE (Hemlok @ Jan 11 2008, 12:50 PM) *
Not a movie, not disturbing... But today was the hottest day on record that the town I live in has ever had.

49 degrees celcius = 120 fahrenheit

It was a scorcher of a day!

Must have been a pain with all that fur. I understand why you shed (is that the correct word?).

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Jan 11 2008, 04:50 PM

This post has been edited by botoxfox: Apr 22 2011, 09:18 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Jan 11 2008, 04:52 PM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Jan 11 2008, 10:05 AM) *
Britney Spears Crossroads unsure.gif

Oh most certainly. Luckily I havn't seen it. : rolleyes.gif

--------------------

Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
VinceG
Jan 11 2008, 06:19 PM
QUOTE (blindwillie @ Jan 11 2008, 11:47 AM) *
Gummo

I saw a bunch of trailers in youtube for that movie and it was disturbing. The soundtrack for it is mostly black metal stuff so the movie seemed interesting to me.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Jan 12 2008, 11:31 AM
QUOTE (VinceG @ Jan 11 2008, 06:19 PM) *
I saw a bunch of trailers in youtube for that movie and it was disturbing. The soundtrack for it is mostly black metal stuff so the movie seemed interesting to me.

Check it out, it always leaves me surprised, sickened and... hollow maybe. Empty.

--------------------

Ibanez 2550z

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Robin
Jan 12 2008, 04:18 PM
QUOTE (VinceG @ Jan 11 2008, 06:19 PM) *
The soundtrack for it is mostly black metal stuff so the movie seemed interesting to me.

Really? I didn't know that something like that existed. Just for that I have to watch it tongue.gif

+Quote Post
VinceG
Jan 13 2008, 09:54 AM
QUOTE (Robin @ Jan 12 2008, 08:18 PM) *
Really? I didn't know that something like that existed. Just for that I have to watch it tongue.gif

Well not really mostly but theres a few black metal bands and a few doom and stoner and other stuff.

http://www.amazon.com/Gummo-1997-Film-Vari...s/dp/B000003QD8

This post has been edited by VinceG: Jan 13 2008, 09:56 AM

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Jan 13 2008, 12:03 PM
I remembered another one, Eraserhead by Lynch

--------------------

Ibanez 2550z

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Paul Coutts
Jan 13 2008, 12:07 PM
Creep....that movie disturbed me....then I realized how dumb it was.
Can someone tell me about Salò o le 120 giornate di Sodoma, I didn't get anything from the trailer....maybe I'm dumb, lol smile.gif

--------------------
Gear - Ibanez RG350EX, Ibanez RG220DX, ESP LTD MH250, Line 6 PODx3, Laney TF100, Ibanez SM7, Ibanez RG ?

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jan 13 2008, 05:23 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Look up 120 Days Of Sodom, that the english translation. Maybe you will get better results...

But its just werid, takes place after world war II, trailers dont show much, there is alot of way more gore/ shock/ disturbing stuff in it.

+Quote Post
VinceG
Jan 14 2008, 12:26 AM
I heard a lot of good things bout Salo. I heard a copy of it cost like $60 and its not even the criterion version.

Men Behind The Sun is also a great disturbing movie. Its about the Chinese government doing experiments on captured soldiers.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jan 14 2008, 03:24 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
120 Days Of Sodom is also banned in the UK And other countries.

+Quote Post
Mark Schiewe
Jan 15 2008, 12:33 AM
Synopsis:

Set in the Nazi-controlled, northern Italian state of Salo in 1944, four dignitaries round up sixteen perfect specimens of youth and take them together with guards, servants and studs to a palace near Marzabotto. In addition, there are four middle-aged women: three of whom recount arousing stories whilst the fourth accompanies on the piano. The story is largely taken up with their recounting the stories of Dante and De Sade: the Circle of Manias, the Circle of S***and the Circle of Blood. Following this, the youths are executed whilst each libertine takes his turn as voyeur

Edited for language - Andrew

--------------------
Just remember, the last name is pronounced she-we

IPB Image My baby :)

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jan 15 2008, 12:47 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jan 14 2008, 03:24 AM) *
120 Days Of Sodom is also banned in the UK And other countries.

Salo - and a lot of Pasolini's other films - was banned in the UK for many years. It was however cleared for release a few years ago. (I actually got my DVD copy from the UK National Film Institute.) If I remember right it was cleared at about the same time that there was a flurry of activity in re-releasing the works of the Marquis de Sade in print. It also came at a point when many of the works of Georges Bataille were being translated in to English for the first time. Bataille's 'Story of the Eye' relates to the film Chien Andaluce. Similarly there are cross overs between Bataille's novels and a lot of the concepts in Pasolini's films as well as de Sade and Dante as Mark says.

Personally I found Salo rather dull, and as a piece of social commentary rather over done and heavy handed. Generally, for me, what sets out to shock just doesn't shock me, I just tend to find it a bit obvious, over played and tedious. Same with the various shock horror films. Whilst Pasolini's done much better and more interesting films imo I find David Cronenberg's stuff much more subtle and interesting (Videodrome and Crash, particularly).

A bit OT but I once had an argument with my wife about the Chapman Brothers' work and whether or not my then 4 year old could see it. My wife said emphatically 'no', citing it as 'disturbing and wallowing in death and depravity'. I said 'yes' and thought the only issue was 'whether it was good or bad art' (bad imo). My daughter went, saw and announced that she thought it was 'silly' and much preferred Gavin Turk.

BTW - my interest in Sado and Bataille comes as most of my academic research centres on ontotheology and philosophies of Ethics, transgression, limit and the Impossible.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jan 15 2008, 12:54 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (lavendell @ Jan 11 2008, 01:22 PM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif i still stand by my choice laugh.gif smile.gif

Thats some scary vewing unsure.gif unsure.gif unsure.gif unsure.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:41 AM