6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
The Dual Collab: Student Team (cael)
Caelumamittendum
Dec 5 2021, 09:00 PM
Learning Rock Star
Just wanna say:

100th reply in the topic

Thanks for the participation so far. I like how active you have all been. It's so great to see!

Sorry for the delay on the last couple of posts. Weekend and life just got in the way a bit smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Visit My Website - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Dec 5 2021, 11:54 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Dec 5 2021, 03:46 PM) *
I really dig that pedal tone bit smile.gif nice!!

Thanks a lot Todd! I found that little gem while jamming a bit. Took a few goes at it to kinda make it fit.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Yesterday, 02:01 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Nov 17 2021, 01:46 PM) *
Also, just wanted to add, if you want me to I'll make a final video at the end, so if you want to provide me with videos of your playing, takes and such, that could be great, but not required, as I'll figure something out regardless. It's just always pretty cool to see some playing in videos too. happy.gif

If you still need the bass < i will do that.. Just the sections as called out in the tab. I have actually been playing alot of bass trying to get those iron maiden triplets using fingers

Sounds like someone did the bass since then.. no worries

This post has been edited by jstcrsn: Yesterday, 10:17 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Today, 05:07 AM
GMC:er
Gives it a bit of a neoclassical vibe which I always like smile.gif

QUOTE (Jim S. @ Dec 5 2021, 06:54 PM) *
Thanks a lot Todd! I found that little gem while jamming a bit. Took a few goes at it to kinda make it fit.

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
Today, 12:30 PM
Learning Rock Star
Time runs fast here in December. Gonna catch up now, I hope!

QUOTE (DeGroot @ Dec 3 2021, 03:43 AM) *
This is my first rough idea for the solo part. smile.gif

[attachment=53165:lonesome...boy_solo.mp3]

I'll leave some guitar only mp3 in case you are planning to start prearranging the song.

[attachment=53166:motif_guitar_only.mp3]

[attachment=53167:cowboy_s...tar_only.mp3]

Thanks for this, Degroot! I've downloaded them and will put them into a folder where I'm collecting all the takes smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
Today, 01:41 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Dec 6 2021, 03:01 AM) *
If you still need the bass < i will do that.. Just the sections as called out in the tab. I have actually been playing alot of bass trying to get those iron maiden triplets using fingers

Sounds like someone did the bass since then.. no worries

For jstcrsn

Thanks for showing interest in joining here cool.gif I don't think Sensible has has recorded bass yet, but I'm not sure. Maybe he can let us know.

Calling Doctor Sensible Jones

Have you recorded bass yet? You talked about it way in the beginning. There's no deadline so no worries if you haven't gotten around to it smile.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Dec 7 2021, 06:07 AM) *
Gives it a bit of a neoclassical vibe which I always like smile.gif

I agree. They can be cool smile.gif

About pedal tones

QUOTE (tflava @ Dec 3 2021, 10:19 PM) *
Hello Ben.

Is there a specifick task that you want or want to be done?
So yes let me know smile.gif

For Tflava

QUOTE (Jim S. @ Dec 5 2021, 08:22 PM) *
So I have worked on this a bit today and came up with a few different ideas and I will say that an idea on its own is so much more complicated over a chord progression. So as I played along, whistled, hummed and jammed on the ideas in my head, it was way harder to express those melodies with the guitar.

HERE IS MY SECOND TAKE

For Jim S

Good stuff, Jim!

QUOTE (ClaudioStrat @ Dec 3 2021, 08:57 PM) *
Hi Cael,

I worked a bit more on it, taking onboard a your suggestions like starting lower, changed a few bends (which I think now "fit better") added the blue notes in a couple of points and worked on the timing. Still not perfect (i'll try to do cleaner rec this weekend) but the ideas are there so keen to share to hear your thoughts.

really good fun and great practice!

thanks

[attachment=53169:solo_A_practice_7.wav]

For Claudio

Nice playing, Claudio! Getting better and better smile.gif

------------------------

I hope I remembered all of you. Great work so far!

------------------------
QUOTE (Jim S. @ Dec 6 2021, 12:54 AM) *

It's the approach I take too sometimes - jamming to find something cool, and other times I'll hear something in my head and try to get that working with the chords. Well done, Jim! Video comment is above cool.gif

QUOTE (Jim S. @ Dec 5 2021, 09:35 PM) *
I love your take mate! It's great and has a nice balance in it.

I agree! Good job, MisterM! And the nice words from earlier still stick to my memory, MisterM. I even told a few people cause the words made me really happy!

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Today, 01:40 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
tflava
Today, 04:41 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thanks a lot Ben.
I will try to use some of the things you said.
Maybe i will try to come up with something with my keyboard instead of the guitar smile.gif
And i will try some things out with my voice.
Keep you updated mate

Do you also have a version witj your voice in it so i can try to harmonie some words with my voice?

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Today, 04:43 PM
Learning Roadie
I'm working on the solo sections this week

--------------------
My SoundCloud

PosterBoy's Bootcamp with Todd

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335
Ax8

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: jstcrsn

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th December 2021 - 07:55 PM