Witcher (show And Music)
Todd Simpson
Feb 5 2020, 10:21 PM
GMC:er
Netfliix has a show called WITCHER based on the Video game of the same name. Has anyone watched any of it? Here is a trailer. Looks kinda cool, whaddya think? Who is a fan of the game?

Also, I've seen TONS of folks doing a cover of "TOSS A COIN TO YOUR WITCHER" a song from the show. Have you guys see these? There are tons of them!! Share your fave if you have one. I thought this one turned out cool!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
klasaine
Feb 6 2020, 12:38 AM
I watched it between xmas and new year.
I liked it. Some of it was stupid, most of it is a rip off from every other indeterminate medieval dragons, magic, swords and dwarves show. There is a lot of gratuitous sex - which is fine with me.
Yeah, I binged it wink.gif
I'm not a gamer so I'm sure I missed something.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by klasaine: Feb 6 2020, 12:39 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 6 2020, 07:48 AM
Some of the preview looked cool and some looked just cheeeeseball. But I like cheesy tv so Ill probably watch the entire thing in on go smile.gif I watched that SALVATION sci fi series in a single night and it was fun. At first I thought it was gonna be preachy due to the title but it's not. It's far fetched but wads of fun.

Witcher seems to be motivating wads of folks to make their own version of the song for sure! it is a cool tune smile.gif
Todd
QUOTE (klasaine @ Feb 5 2020, 07:38 PM) *
I watched it between xmas and new year.
I liked it. Some of it was stupid, most of it is a rip off from every other indeterminate medieval dragons, magic, swords and dwarves show. There is a lot of gratuitous sex - which is fine with me.
Yeah, I binged it wink.gif
I'm not a gamer so I'm sure I missed something.

+Quote Post
Mertay
Feb 6 2020, 09:29 AM
When I watched the first episode was about to quit immediately biggrin.gif right at the beginning that typical "medieval village music" was the worst I ever heard.

They obviously poured a lot of money to the show, some CGI fight scenes were cool. The story itself wasn't that bad but I guess I didn't like the director.

--------------------

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Feb 6 2020, 11:09 AM
Learning Roadie
I like it, I've watched it twice.

I've been playing Witcher 3 for a while and so already had an interest.

Some of it is a little cheesy SyFy channel like but overall it's good

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 7 2020, 02:01 AM
I have yet to binge the entire thing but I have heard very mixed reviews. Some folks saying it was such a let down while other people really LOVED it!!

Anyone else seen the entire thing?

Anyone got a fave COIN TO YOUR WITCHER video?
How about this one?
Todd
QUOTE (Mertay @ Feb 6 2020, 04:29 AM) *
When I watched the first episode was about to quit immediately biggrin.gif right at the beginning that typical "medieval village music" was the worst I ever heard.

They obviously poured a lot of money to the show, some CGI fight scenes were cool. The story itself wasn't that bad but I guess I didn't like the director.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Feb 7 2020, 02:42 AM

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Feb 7 2020, 12:06 PM
Learning Roadie
Have you read the books that the game is based on Todd, I haven't yet but the series is definitely making me think about adding them to my reading list

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Adam
Feb 7 2020, 03:35 PM
Learning Roadie
The games are great, all 3 of them. I'm not as enthusiastic towards movies these days. They just fill in the gaps with sex and half-naked women. The games did include these too but way more subtly and fitting and the storytelling didn't suffer one bit.

My opinion may be unpopular but I didn't like GoT, I don't like the Witcher tv series (both old one and the Netflix one) and I don't like Disney idea of Star Wars. Sadly, this industry is nowadays less about the passion towards the art of cinema and more about making money and stay relevant to the global market.

I feel, the Netflix series was made after Sapkowski realized he won't be able to re-negotiate his contract with CD Projekt Red and needed another stable income.

Tl;dr I like CD Projekt's storytelling in The Witcher games but I'm skeptical towards the original books and the tv series.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 8 2020, 05:59 AM
I have not read the books but I"m also thinking of adding them to my que and now I want to play all the games! I recently stopped my gamefly account. I may have to restart it to get these games!
Todd
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Feb 7 2020, 07:06 AM) *
Have you read the books that the game is based on Todd, I haven't yet but the series is definitely making me think about adding them to my reading list

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 8 2020, 07:10 AM
This is a cool version of the Witcher song. Anyone else find a cool one?

+Quote Post
Adam
Feb 8 2020, 03:06 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 8 2020, 06:59 AM) *
I have not read the books but I"m also thinking of adding them to my que and now I want to play all the games! I recently stopped my gamefly account. I may have to restart it to get these games!
Todd

The games are also available at GOG.com. It's CDPR's platform, so you buy directly from the devs at good prizes. They are often on sale and are DRM-free, meaning you can use them wherever you want without net access or logging in. I like their pro-customer policy and how they fire shots at companies that seek to milk our wallets.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 8 2020, 10:32 PM
I don't buy games much anymore. I usually rent them from gamefly. It's about 10 bucks a month and you get any game you want which is very cool smile.gif I'm a PS4 guy as I don't have a PC. So gamefly.com makes life easy.

Todd
QUOTE (Adam @ Feb 8 2020, 10:06 AM) *
The games are also available at GOG.com. It's CDPR's platform, so you buy directly from the devs at good prizes. They are often on sale and are DRM-free, meaning you can use them wherever you want without net access or logging in. I like their pro-customer policy and how they fire shots at companies that seek to milk our wallets.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 20 2020, 06:45 AM
Yet another cover of this same tune. It's become the Party Piece of every vocalist on youtube!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 06:20 PM