2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Game Of Thrones Return?
Todd Simpson
Feb 20 2017, 12:35 AM
GMC:er
Anyone else tired of waiting for the next game of thrones? I made this to make them a bit more Metal smile.gif They were already posed so just needed guitars smile.gif
Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Feb 20 2017, 12:59 AM
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
10/10

Might re-watch the previous season, just to refresh my memory.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Feb 20 2017, 04:28 AM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Feb 20 2017, 12:51 PM
I think I am the only person who has never watched any of it!!
ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 20 2017, 10:01 PM
It's worth a watch smile.gif Any way you can manage it. Download it, find it on the web, whatever it takes. Find it smile.gif The first two seasons are just amazing. I'm hoping the last season lives up to it's billiing smile.gif It's going to be a shortened season and the last season as well. So it's got a lot to live up to. smile.gif

QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Feb 20 2017, 07:51 AM) *
ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

I've been doing a steady re watch since the last ep. smile.gif I hate that it's going to be the last season and that it will be a "shortened" season. The only other show on TV I like this much is VIKINGS. So much of tv is just crap imho. So I"ve got a pretty high bar for it. Sooooo many shows are just too predictable for me to enjoy. So it takes a good writer. Vikings and Thrones are both well written imho and provide bits I don't see coming smile.gif

QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Feb 19 2017, 07:59 PM) *
10/10

Might re-watch the previous season, just to refresh my memory.

+Quote Post
Spock
Feb 21 2017, 01:21 PM
Well here's something we can agree on 100%.

I actually just now turned off Game of Thrones. I'm rewatching every episode, 1 a morning while on the treadmill. Up to Season 4 episode 6 (7 tomorrow).

It's really amazing watching it through a 2nd time. 1st is great because you don't know what's going to happen obviously, but there are so many things I didn't catch the first time around.

Can't wait for the next season - I think they're starting it later this year? Fewer shows but longer episodes.

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 20 2017, 04:01 PM) *
It's going to be a shortened season and the last season as well. So it's got a lot to live up to. smile.gif

I thought I read there were 2 more seasons? huh.gif

This post has been edited by Spock: Feb 21 2017, 01:22 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 21 2017, 11:38 PM
I hope there are two more smile.gif I read this would be the last and that it would be shorter than last season.

QUOTE (Spock @ Feb 21 2017, 08:21 AM) *

I actually just now turned off Game of Thrones. I'm rewatching every episode, 1 a morning while on the treadmill. Up to Season 4 episode 6 (7 tomorrow).

It's really amazing watching it through a 2nd time. 1st is great because you don't know what's going to happen obviously, but there are so many things I didn't catch the first time around.

Can't wait for the next season - I think they're starting it later this year? Fewer shows but longer episodes.

+Quote Post
Fran
Feb 22 2017, 09:58 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator

Awesome Todd wink.gif

Looking forward to the new season. I hope it's better than the last though, in my opinion there were only 3 worthy episodes out of ten.

I've alsso watched it two times. Main reason is I FORGET everything with so many characterss and 10 monts in-between seasons. So last year I watched the whole thing in advance of the new season.

Great show anyway.

On a side note, just finished watching the last season (s04e11 to s04e20) of Vikings. Amazing. It has surpasssed GoT in my book, that is comparing the newer seasons of Viking vs the newer GoT. I still don't understand why they didn't call it season 5 though. I almost missed them.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
bleez
Feb 22 2017, 12:43 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
If Daenerys isnt the last one standing by the end Im going to be literally devastated dry.gif
Other than Vikings Im not watching TV at the moment. Im waiting on Netflix running second seasons on The OA, The Expanse, Dirk Gently and stranger things. Damn Netflix, leaving me hanging on one season malarkey like a sucker mellow.gif

QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Feb 20 2017, 11:51 AM) *
ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

quietly judging you, sir ph34r.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Feb 22 2017, 02:55 PM
QUOTE (bleez @ Feb 22 2017, 11:43 AM) *
If Daenerys isnt the last one standing by the end Im going to be literally devastated dry.gif

Same, was I never her biggest fan. (please don't kill me unsure.gif )

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
bleez
Feb 22 2017, 03:20 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Spoiler Alert

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Feb 22 2017, 03:32 PM
Learning Rock Star
I think they said, it will be 2 seasons of 7 episodes each.
Season 7 will be there this summer, not april as usually. They needed to do a lot more shooting scenes in the snow.

There are so many fan theories.
So who will kill who?
Remember Jaime killed a mad king who wanted to blow up a city and it's people... and now his sister the queen did just that.
As fucked up as it has been, why don't we have Sansa kill Jon.

Dany is somewhat supernatural, so I guess she will last.
Or maybe Varys can sit on the Throne.

Did you know, that there are maps with continents not really mentioned in the story yet. Sothoryos is a huge unexplored continent. Maybe even dragon inhabited.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Feb 22 2017, 04:17 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Feb 20 2017, 03:51 AM) *
ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

You are not alone! I have never watched it either.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 22 2017, 10:32 PM
I have to agree in terms of the writing and in terms of the later seasons. VIKINGS is simply a better written show after about season 2 on GOT. But that's just me smile.gif I'm hoping GOT redeems itself in it's last hoorah!

QUOTE (Fran @ Feb 22 2017, 04:58 AM) *

Awesome Todd wink.gif

Looking forward to the new season. I hope it's better than the last though, in my opinion there were only 3 worthy episodes out of ten.

I've alsso watched it two times. Main reason is I FORGET everything with so many characterss and 10 monts in-between seasons. So last year I watched the whole thing in advance of the new season.

Great show anyway.

On a side note, just finished watching the last season (s04e11 to s04e20) of Vikings. Amazing. It has surpasssed GoT in my book, that is comparing the newer seasons of Viking vs the newer GoT. I still don't understand why they didn't call it season 5 though. I almost missed them.

Just to confirm, on 13 EPISODES OF GOT REMAIN>

Game of Thrones: Showrunners confirm just 13 episodes left after season 6 finale

They are going to call it 2 seasons, It's more like one season with a break. But yeah, 13 eps is all we get. Then it's done. They have a LOT of ground to cover in 13 eps!

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertai...w-a7107461.html

Todd

QUOTE (Ulrik @ Feb 22 2017, 10:32 AM) *
I think they said, it will be 2 seasons of 7 episodes each.
Season 7 will be there this summer, not april as usually. They needed to do a lot more shooting scenes in the snow.

There are so many fan theories.
So who will kill who?
Remember Jaime killed a mad king who wanted to blow up a city and it's people... and now his sister the queen did just that.
As fucked up as it has been, why don't we have Sansa kill Jon.

Dany is somewhat supernatural, so I guess she will last.
Or maybe Varys can sit on the Throne.

Did you know, that there are maps with continents not really mentioned in the story yet. Sothoryos is a huge unexplored continent. Maybe even dragon inhabited.

See, there are some things we can agree on and not spew bile at each other!! I gotta say I like that better. There are plenty of spaces on the web where folks can blah blah blah about whatever. I've always liked GMC for being more of a supportive community that a place for typical internet arguments. sad.gif Glad to see we are on the same page smile.gif

QUOTE (Spock @ Feb 21 2017, 08:21 AM) *

+Quote Post
Spock
Feb 27 2017, 02:01 PM
I've never watched Vikings - looking forward to getting into it. I haven't read many people saying there is a better written show than GoT.

My personal conclusion is that there are 3 dragons - which will somehow play symbolically into the end game. Being that there will be 3 ultimate winners: Dany, Jon Snow and Tyrion. Notice how Tyrion was able to free the dragons and when he walked up they accepted him. And we know now - by R.R. Martin's own mouth, that Jon Snow is The Song of Ice and Fire - so the dragons would take to him as well being the same blood as Dany. I also read somewhere that there is speculation on whether or not Tyrion was truly the son of Tywin - that Mrs. Lanister may have gotten herself as some on the side. wink.gif

Also, they were the ones that were sort of the scapegoats - Dany moreso in the beginning. R.R. Martin loves the downtrodden which end up becoming a hero - maybe even sort of telling of his own life story.

Jamie will either end up staying the Kings Guard or going to Casterly Rock - may even hook up with that butch of a woman.

Arya Stark will end up loving the hound (not in a romantic way) and the Hound will feel as if she is his daughter - the Hound will most likely die and Arya will be devastated. Who doesn't love the hound anyway?

I was hoping that somehow Ramsey Bolton had gotten his hands on Circie, but watching his dogs eat his face was equally as gratifying.

This post has been edited by Spock: Feb 27 2017, 02:07 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 27 2017, 06:35 PM
The Dragons sure seem to be a big part of the final showdown. Unless the writers pull a fast one and just kill them all off before we get to watch them burn everything. That would be lame, but I wouldn't put it past them.

Yeah, Vikings is just amazingly well written IMHO, one of the best shows on TV. Each season gets bigger and better somewhow.

QUOTE (Spock @ Feb 27 2017, 09:01 AM) *
I've never watched Vikings - looking forward to getting into it. I haven't read many people saying there is a better written show than GoT.

My personal conclusion is that there are 3 dragons - which will somehow play symbolically into the end game. Being that there will be 3 ultimate winners: Dany, Jon Snow and Tyrion. Notice how Tyrion was able to free the dragons and when he walked up they accepted him. And we know now - by R.R. Martin's own mouth, that Jon Snow is The Song of Ice and Fire - so the dragons would take to him as well being the same blood as Dany. I also read somewhere that there is speculation on whether or not Tyrion was truly the son of Tywin - that Mrs. Lanister may have gotten herself as some on the side. wink.gif

Also, they were the ones that were sort of the scapegoats - Dany moreso in the beginning. R.R. Martin loves the downtrodden which end up becoming a hero - maybe even sort of telling of his own life story.

Jamie will either end up staying the Kings Guard or going to Casterly Rock - may even hook up with that butch of a woman.

Arya Stark will end up loving the hound (not in a romantic way) and the Hound will feel as if she is his daughter - the Hound will most likely die and Arya will be devastated. Who doesn't love the hound anyway?

I was hoping that somehow Ramsey Bolton had gotten his hands on Circie, but watching his dogs eat his face was equally as gratifying.

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Mar 5 2017, 09:45 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 27 2017, 06:35 PM) *
Yeah, Vikings is just amazingly well written IMHO, one of the best shows on TV. Each season gets bigger and better somewhow.

I think I saw most of season 1, then I gave up, it was too painful.

1. Gabriel Byrne as a viking? OK I can live with that for a short while.

2. An Epic Voyage to the unknown, like a Columbus going to find the West route to India, but these were Vikings going to the new continent, which was even more amazing... or wait, they were just going to England, right? Romans had been going there thousand years earlier, even the monk, they capture had been among Scandinavians. There is no way, they could not know about England, except if they were really stupid a didn't ask. ... and several other historical incorrect occurences. (You don't get that in GOT)

3. What is up with the stupid thick accents. Either you let the Vikings speak Scandinavian languages or just English like it was their own language. Ok, I know having the show texted for english speaking countries would never happen, and maybe the 13th warrior language trick would not work either.
Seriously this is what finally made me stop watching. Ragnars young son speaking his bad English was the worst.

Can you honestly tell me, it gets better?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 5 2017, 10:33 PM
well this is what forums are for smile.gif So folks can express their thought. Not being from scandanavia perhaps it didn't bother me or most folks nearly as much with the accents. I thought it added to the vibe. Byrne is killed off by Ragnar pretty quick so he's gone. The story is "Historical Fiction" not a documentary so folks give it a pretty wide lattitude. The Lothbrook brothers were not in fact brothers in real life. Rollo came along years later and was not related to ragnar. But again, historical fiction. If you don't like historical fiction, then yeah, you may not dig vikings. However, I LOVE THE SHOW TO DEATH. Best production, writing, sountrack (plenty of Wardruna, traditional norse music, etc.) to set an awesome vibe imho. But it doesn't mean everyone will like it. I do smile.gif Found the writin better on the whole the GOT which is saying something as I love GOT ;0)

QUOTE (Ulrik @ Mar 5 2017, 04:45 PM) *
I think I saw most of season 1, then I gave up, it was too painful.

1. Gabriel Byrne as a viking? OK I can live with that for a short while.

2. An Epic Voyage to the unknown, like a Columbus going to find the West route to India, but these were Vikings going to the new continent, which was even more amazing... or wait, they were just going to England, right? Romans had been going there thousand years earlier, even the monk, they capture had been among Scandinavians. There is no way, they could not know about England, except if they were really stupid a didn't ask. ... and several other historical incorrect occurences. (You don't get that in GOT)

3. What is up with the stupid thick accents. Either you let the Vikings speak Scandinavian languages or just English like it was their own language. Ok, I know having the show texted for english speaking countries would never happen, and maybe the 13th warrior language trick would not work either.
Seriously this is what finally made me stop watching. Ragnars young son speaking his bad English was the worst.

+Quote Post
bleez
Mar 5 2017, 10:38 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Ulrik @ Mar 5 2017, 08:45 PM) *

LOL! No. the accents of ragnars kids when they get older are actually much worse rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Mar 5 2017, 10:45 PM
Learning Rock Star
Just to make it clear, I don't have a problem with you guys liking the show

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 5 2017, 11:18 PM
We get that smile.gif No worries, everyone has every right to like or dislike anything. That's what makes forums so cool as you more than one point of view. It's good to have at least one contrarian view on any topic. Otherwise, its just preaching to choir smile.gif

QUOTE (Ulrik @ Mar 5 2017, 05:45 PM) *
Just to make it clear, I don't have a problem with you guys liking the show

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:02 AM