Hello Gmc!
Felhunter
Sep 18 2008, 01:52 AM
GMC:er
Hello GMC! cool.gif

I'm Sam, also go by the nickname of Felhunter. wink.gif
I'm 18 years old, and I live in Antwerp, Belgium.
My hobbies are sport/rock climbing, playing guitar (obviously), gaming, going out, and having fun overall! biggrin.gif

I had my first guitar experience about... 9 months back or so... I tried to play some guitar, well, that didn't go too good, it appeared I was a leftie! So my dad (who has numerous guitars and amps) left-stringed the right handed guitar (some cheap washburn to start with) and there I went.
Starting to train some chords and stuff, I started to like it... well... who wouldn't.. I mean... it's a guitar! Duh! biggrin.gif

So after a few months, it started to really work out, and well.. I need better gear, the volume and treble buttons were constantly in the way, by that time I'd tried my dad's big Fender amp, (I was using a 15w cheap thingie at the time), of course, the difference was huge! So, we decided to check out some guitars, and the first music store we went to, I found what I was looking for. The Ibanez SA260 FML. I remember having my doubts about that particular guitar, reason being, it was hanging there, everyone could try it, greasy fingerprints all over the place, etc... So, we called another huge music store, and asked about the model. It wasn't in stock. So we went by a couple of days later, I tried some more guitars, one of them was a Yamaha, I remember it played sweet, but the body and color weren't as cool as the Ibanez's.

I had to make a decision. Either order the brand new model, and wait 3-5 weeks, or get the guitar that same day, a guitar which had probably already been held by numerous people. I eventually chose to wait, and I still think I made the right choice. It was just under 4 weeks until we got the call, my guitar got delivered at the shop! Sure enough, same day, I had it in my hands, playing as sweet as sugar, and it was all mine. smile.gif

So, that's my big story (it was all there before I realized, sorry! wink.gif), other than that I'm using a Kustom II Lead amp, don't know the exact specifications, but it's good enough for me. (There's a picture with my guitar and amp below!)

Also, I'd like to thank Kristofer for setting up this ass kicking website, and all the instructors for making these rocking lessons, I've only been here a day and I've learned tremendously!

Greetings,
Sam!

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Felhunter: Sep 18 2008, 11:24 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Torben
Sep 18 2008, 02:01 AM
Welcome Sam!
I had a laugh reading your fine introduction! Wish you all kind of luck and have no doubt you'll fit right in here!
Best regards
Torben

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Sep 18 2008, 02:28 AM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC. Nice guitar on the picture

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
skennington
Sep 18 2008, 02:59 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Welcome Sam, very nice gear man! You are going to make a few lefties here jealous. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Sep 18 2008, 08:52 AM
Instructor
Welcome Sam smile.gif

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Sep 18 2008, 12:20 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC,nice gear! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Sep 18 2008, 12:23 PM
Singing Instructor
Welcome to GMC.smile.gif

--------------------

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Sep 18 2008, 12:32 PM
Instructor
Welcome!

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 18 2008, 01:14 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hello and welcome to GMC !! Have lots of fun! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Canis
Sep 18 2008, 02:16 PM
Learning Rock Star
Sweet guitar ^^
Welcome to GMC! You won't find a better place to learn guitar... Period. tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
chmilew
Sep 18 2008, 02:24 PM
Welcome to GMC ! And What a beauty on the picture ! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Felhunter
Sep 18 2008, 03:21 PM
Cheers guys wink.gif

+Quote Post
Capt.Z
Sep 18 2008, 03:42 PM
Ass-kicking guitar for an ass-kicking website wink.gif

--------------------

GMC IS TIGHT DAWG

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 18 2008, 08:09 PM
Instructor
Welcome aboard man, I like the gear, very interesting. smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Toroso
Sep 18 2008, 08:28 PM
Welcome Felhunter! smile.gif Everyone has already ready commented on your very nice axe, sooooo... what's that pedal you got there? biggrin.gif

--------------------
Live well, and live often!

+Quote Post
Felhunter
Sep 18 2008, 08:38 PM
Thanks everyone biggrin.gif

The blue pedal is my BlueBoy overdrive (although I barely use it), and the one next to that is the reverb/tremolo pedal from the Kustom amp itself.
I usually get my distortion trough the amp settings itself, without using pedals. I'm thinking about buying a Big Muff though.

If anyone should wonder, the settings I play with are:
Drive 10
Volume 10
Bass 0
Middle 4
Treble 10 (button clicked back to get full bright)
I don't use the tremolo and reverb settings
And eventually the master volume on about 2-3

Greetings,
Sam!

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Sep 18 2008, 10:17 PM
Instructor
welcome to the site

+Quote Post
Gerardo Siere
Sep 18 2008, 10:29 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC. Btw nice guitar you have there.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Ian Bushell
Sep 19 2008, 05:13 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC:)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Danilo Capezzuto
Sep 20 2008, 09:22 AM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC Sam! Nice setup, enjoy the site!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:03 PM