Ultimate Guitar Mod, Need advice on wiring
GrannyKiller
Mar 4 2009, 01:59 PM
GMC:er
Note: This is only a concept for now, since I don't have the finances ATM to do the full mod, but some smaller things might be doable very soon.

The guitar I want to mod is a B.C.Rich Assasin QX6, which you can see in my gallery if you wish.
The guitar already has additional non-standard controls, like individual coil-taps and a reverse phase switch for the middle position (both pups). Very useful.

Now, these are all 2-way switches, and I was planning to replace the coil-tap switches with 3-way DPDT on-on-on switches so I could have the additional combination of individual parallel-wired humbuckers, so I'd get series/split/parallel switching. I already got these figured out...it's easily doable.

The next thing I'm looking for is making the Megabucker mod - installing a switch to enable two Hums wired in series, in phase, while the pickup selector is in the middle, making one "huge" humbucker, which I think is very useful for extra power.

Now, my main question is: Is it possible to have just one switch for out-of-phase/normal/megabucker switching, or would i have to install another switch just to get the megabucker option? And is a combination of both out-of-phase and megabucker even possible? What kind of switch would I need for that?

( I also have plans of installing a GraphTech Piezzo bridge and preamp, with it's volume control and a 3-way switch for selecting magnetic/both/piezzo pickups. I would put the piezzo volume instead of the mag tone pot, and replace the mag volume pot with a push-pull pot to create a Vol-pot/tone-switch combo (a regular Vol pot, and when enabled, simulating a tone pot turned all the way down, since it's of no real use as a pot anyway).)

The mag pickups are staying the same, Rockfield Mafias, I just think they're fantastic.

This was a lot of writing for sure. What do ya think? Have any ideas 'bout the megabucker mod? If you know any helpful sites regarding these issues of mine, please direct me there biggrin.gif

P.S. If I this mod is possible, and when the peizzo is installed, it would give me a total of 67 combinations of pickups biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by GrannyKiller: Mar 4 2009, 02:03 PM

--------------------
A kick in the butt is only another step forward...

.:G.E.A.R:.

Guitars: B.C.Rich Assasin QX6 // Jolana Galaxis (modded by me) // Melodija Menges nylon-acoustic // Vintage EJM-96 Bass

Amps: Marshall AVT50X combo // Roland MicroCube // some cr***y old Newport with a 12" speaker

Effects: Boss GT-10
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- GrannyKiller   Ultimate Guitar Mod   Mar 4 2009, 01:59 PM
- - Ivan Milenkovic   67 combinations? How??   Mar 4 2009, 10:48 PM
- - GrannyKiller   I think I got it...this would be the schematic. (w...   Mar 5 2009, 10:49 PM
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:16 PM