> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

Seriphroth's Practice Routines
Gabriel Leopardi
May 19 2014, 12:50 AM
Instructor
Hi Seriphroth, welcome to our thread for Gab's Army. Here I will help you to design your practice routines, monitor your progress and give you feedback. In the near future we can also work on composition if you are interested.

At first, I invite you to post here some info and videos of you playing to know you a bit more.

I hope that you enjoy your stay at Gab's Army. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Seriphroth
May 19 2014, 05:02 AM
GMC:er
Helping me set up a practice routine would be great. I have played for 30 years off and on and am self taught. I have never developed a practice routine. I just practice whatever so a specific routine would be great. Also like i said, I will be posting some videos too. I bought a good webcam just for recording myself.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 19 2014, 03:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Seriphroth @ May 19 2014, 01:02 AM) *
Helping me set up a practice routine would be great. I have played for 30 years off and on and am self taught. I have never developed a practice routine. I just practice whatever so a specific routine would be great. Also like i said, I will be posting some videos too. I bought a good webcam just for recording myself.

Excellent! What guitar gear will you use to record the video?

I think that this video can help you:

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Seriphroth
Jun 7 2014, 07:39 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 19 2014, 02:13 PM) *
Excellent! What guitar gear will you use to record the video?

I think that this video can help you:

As far as my recording gear is concerned I am working with 3 different programs to work on the best tone. I have the Line 6 gearbox and the POD farm and I am checking out Amplitube 3. After your feedback from the solo from Trond Vold that I posted I have been working more on getting a better sustain. I did not like the tone I had on that post. With the video i have a good webcam and for the audio I am using Reaper.
I know I need to get better at finger independence, picking, synchronizing the hands, and timing.
My plans are to work on the finger independence series, alternate picking exercises and using a metronome while I am practicing. What is your thoughts on my practice routine?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 8 2014, 07:30 PM
Instructor
Hi mate. A good way to have better sustain is to add an overdrive pedal in your patch, before of the amp emulated. (using the stmpobox section in your amplitube patch).

Regarding your practice routine, let's start designing one for this week. Please tell me how many hours per day you can practice, and also post here if you have some favorite GMC lessons that cover this topics:

Alternate picking
Legato
Rhythm
Bending & vibrato

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Seriphroth
Jun 8 2014, 08:23 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 8 2014, 06:30 PM) *
Hi mate. A good way to have better sustain is to add an overdrive pedal in your patch, before of the amp emulated. (using the stmpobox section in your amplitube patch).

Regarding your practice routine, let's start designing one for this week. Please tell me how many hours per day you can practice, and also post here if you have some favorite GMC lessons that cover this topics:

Alternate picking
Legato
Rhythm
Bending & vibrato

For my tone, I have added the overdrive and a compressor to my sound and gives me some good sustain.

For alternate picking I have a few GMC lessons that I like first is an alternate workout from Muris Varajic, Alternate picking basics from Darius Wave, and picking exercise from Trond Vold.

For legato, rhythm, and bending & vibrato I have not looked at any yet. I have mainly been working on mostly alternate picking and finger independence. As far as rhythm I am using a metronome no matter what I am practicing. I have about 2 hours a day to practice during the week and around 4 to 6 hours on Saturday and Sunday to practice.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 8 2014, 08:49 PM
Instructor
Ok, what about something like this for this first 1/2 weeks?

Warming up

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Arpeggios/

Alternate Picking
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/move_y...le_finger!/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...ernate-workout/

Legato
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Hammer...Pull-Off-Etude/

Vibrato & Bending
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/guitar_loves_piano/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Seriphroth
Jun 8 2014, 09:41 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 8 2014, 07:49 PM) *

You put for 1/2 weeks. is that for 2 weeks?
I like it but there is one lesson I forgot that I like that i forgot to tell you about
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/open-chords-zone-a/
I will add this to the alternate picking. Now its time to have some fun practicing. Thanks a bunch Gab!!!!!

This post has been edited by Seriphroth: Jun 8 2014, 09:43 PM

+Quote Post
Seriphroth
Jun 9 2014, 03:00 AM
QUOTE (Seriphroth @ Jun 8 2014, 08:41 PM) *
I like it but there is one lesson I forgot that I like that i forgot to tell you about
I will add this to the alternate picking. Now its time to have some fun practicing. Thanks a bunch Gab!!!!!

That other exercise I said I would add will be to the warm up and the two warm ups with the picking arpeggios will take me a while to get comfortable with I have not really worked on extended chords but I have always wanted to learn them and be able to play them so I will be practicing them as much as I can. BTW my fingers thank you for the hard work you are giving them!!!!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 9 2014, 01:48 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Seriphroth @ Jun 8 2014, 05:41 PM) *

yeah, the 1/2 means around 1 and 2 weeks. Let's see how you feel with the lessons, keep me updated.

QUOTE (Seriphroth @ Jun 8 2014, 11:00 PM) *
That other exercise I said I would add will be to the warm up and the two warm ups with the picking arpeggios will take me a while to get comfortable with I have not really worked on extended chords but I have always wanted to learn them and be able to play them so I will be practicing them as much as I can. BTW my fingers thank you for the hard work you are giving them!!!!!

Ok! It sounds great. Let's go for it.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Seriphroth
Jun 11 2014, 02:57 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 9 2014, 12:48 PM) *
yeah, the 1/2 means around 1 and 2 weeks. Let's see how you feel with the lessons, keep me updated.

Ok! It sounds great. Let's go for it.

Hey Gab
I am having a problem with this exercise.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...ernate-workout/

I first thought this exercise was a triplet run, but after looking again at the GP tap I realized it is a 16th note run. I am trying to play it as a 16th note run but when I speed it up a bit, I go back to playing it like a triplet run. Any tips on this other than playing real slow until I get it?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 11 2014, 02:30 PM
Instructor
The tricky part on this one is that you play 16th notes but accentuate with your pick each 3 notes. I think that a good exercise would be to practice the rhythm, accentuating each 3 notes over a metronome to get used to the accent is displaced from the beat and gets back after 4 beats.

Are you able to do it? just playing an open string...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Seriphroth
Jun 12 2014, 12:33 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 11 2014, 01:30 PM) *
The tricky part on this one is that you play 16th notes but accentuate with your pick each 3 notes. I think that a good exercise would be to practice the rhythm, accentuating each 3 notes over a metronome to get used to the accent is displaced from the beat and gets back after 4 beats.

Are you able to do it? just playing an open string...

I am starting to get a feel for it, but the exercise seems to have a natural tendency to a triplet riff but it is getting easier. I am slowing it down to 70bpm and that has helped a whole lot but I will need to dedicate a lot of practice time for this exercise, but it will be well worth it when I get it down. Out of all the practice exercises you gave me, I feel this is the hardest of them all, but it is all good and I will progressing pretty quickly. And again thanks for all you help you have given me so far and thank you in advance for all the future help you will give me.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 12 2014, 03:13 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Seriphroth @ Jun 11 2014, 08:33 PM) *
I am starting to get a feel for it, but the exercise seems to have a natural tendency to a triplet riff but it is getting easier. I am slowing it down to 70bpm and that has helped a whole lot but I will need to dedicate a lot of practice time for this exercise, but it will be well worth it when I get it down. Out of all the practice exercises you gave me, I feel this is the hardest of them all, but it is all good and I will progressing pretty quickly. And again thanks for all you help you have given me so far and thank you in advance for all the future help you will give me.

Thanks for your words mate, it's a pleasure to share this work with you. Keep me updated about the progress and let me know when you are ready for new lessons.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Seriphroth
Jun 14 2014, 11:51 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 12 2014, 02:13 AM) *
Thanks for your words mate, it's a pleasure to share this work with you. Keep me updated about the progress and let me know when you are ready for new lessons.

Hey Gab
These first few lessons are tough but good practice. I have been practicing every night and they get a little easier each day. I still havent been able to play them all the way through. I have only been practicing the picking arpeggios and the alternate exercises so far. They both are tough so I will take a bit longer to work on those till I can play both all the way through.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 15 2014, 06:41 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Seriphroth @ Jun 14 2014, 07:51 PM) *
Hey Gab
These first few lessons are tough but good practice. I have been practicing every night and they get a little easier each day. I still havent been able to play them all the way through. I have only been practicing the picking arpeggios and the alternate exercises so far. They both are tough so I will take a bit longer to work on those till I can play both all the way through.

Hi Seriphroth, well done! Diary practice is fundamental if you want to see quick improvements in your guitar playing. Let's continue with the current routine for another week.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Seriphroth
Feb 4 2015, 03:58 AM
Hey Gab,
Sorry havent been around for a while. Had some issues but now I am back practicing 1 to 2 hours a day with the lessons you gave me. I have go them down pretty good at slower speeds and am working on getting them up to the speed of the lessons. It will take me a while but it will be well worth the time I put in. I feel like I should practice these exercises until I get them to regular speed unless you feel I should do something else or add to what I am practicing now.
Shane

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 4 2015, 02:31 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Welcome back! The last time we'd talked, the routine needed another week of practice so it will be ok to dedicate the next week to work on the current lessons. After that, we can check the progress and see how to continue. It would be good to be able to see you or hear you playing the lessons, is it possible?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:20 AM