3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
30 Seconds Competition, UPLOADS
Iluha
Jan 13 2008, 05:26 PM
GMC:er
Ok, so post you'r entries here guys and gals.

I'll repeat the rules, there's only 1 smile.gif

It has to be between 25-35 seconds long!

Deadline is 26th of january(that's two weeks from now, on saturday)

Have fun with it guys, can't wait to hear what you come up with!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mark.
Jan 13 2008, 05:33 PM
I'm ready with the backing track and the solo, all I need to do is work on the details tongue.gif
I just checked how long it was, it's 38sec is that a big problem tongue.gif?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Iluha
Jan 13 2008, 05:34 PM
QUOTE (Mark. @ Jan 13 2008, 06:33 PM) *
I'm ready with the backing track and the solo, all I need to do is work on the details tongue.gif
I just checked how long it was, it's 38sec is that a big problem tongue.gif?

Ok I'll let it slide since it's the first competition smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Jan 18 2008, 10:32 PM
Learning Rock Star
Heres my entry smile.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  30_second_solo_comp.mp3 ( 620.84K ) Number of downloads: 233

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
Robin
Jan 18 2008, 11:21 PM
Here's mine. I'm not that steady with stomp box+acoustic, but yeah... this is just a "test" comp anyway biggrin.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  robin_gmc_solo6.wav ( 2.7MB ) Number of downloads: 229

+Quote Post
Iluha
Jan 19 2008, 12:38 PM
Great entries guys, youv'e really set the bar smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mark.
Jan 19 2008, 01:32 PM
I'll probably post mine tonight or tomorrow smile.gif

Be prepared for some shred !! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Mark.
Jan 20 2008, 02:13 PM
Ok, here it is, my try tongue.gif

It starts with some clean melodie part (melodie is not my strongest point tongue.gif)
The beginning part is at 80 bpm

After that there come a power metal rhythm and I play my super tapping lick ^^
That part is at 120 bpm
It took me some time to learn it, its a 4 note per string pentatonic lick ( thanks rusty cooley),
its a 8 notes per beat pattern.

After the tapping run I do some whammy harmonic and then comes a
6 note per beat 3 note per string run ended in a Eminor arpeggio laugh.gif

I hope it isn't too bad, and any constructive critisime would be aprecciated smile.gif

+Quote Post
Iluha
Jan 20 2008, 08:00 PM
QUOTE (Mark. @ Jan 20 2008, 03:13 PM) *
Ok, here it is, my try tongue.gif

It starts with some clean melodie part (melodie is not my strongest point tongue.gif)
The beginning part is at 80 bpm

After that there come a power metal rhythm and I play my super tapping lick ^^
That part is at 120 bpm
It took me some time to learn it, its a 4 note per string pentatonic lick ( thanks rusty cooley),
its a 8 notes per beat pattern.

After the tapping run I do some whammy harmonic and then comes a
6 note per beat 3 note per string run ended in a Eminor arpeggio laugh.gif

I hope it isn't too bad, and any constructive critisime would be aprecciated smile.gif

Hey man great job, really great technique, wish I could do that smile.gif

Only pointers I could give you is to turn the volume up a bit on you'r guitar, and perhaps work more on connecting between diffrents part of a solo, the blank spots between each part are a bit odd to my ears.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Scoob
Jan 20 2008, 11:00 PM
QUOTE (Mark. @ Jan 20 2008, 08:13 AM) *

Nice Job.

I wish I had that hand span. If I could play like that...... I would play more smile.gif

Thanks for sharing that

Scoob

--------------------
GEAR
guitars: Yamaha SE 350, Yamaha FG-360, Jay Turser JT134 Natural Quilt Top, Dean Vendetta, Squire Telecaster (Project to modify to better guitar. New Pickups and electrical parts done).
amp: Peavey Rage 108
amp Marshall ATV20X - Just bought Mar. 2007
effects: KORG AX3G (Multi), EBOW, Danelectro Free Speech Talkbox. Old Flanger and Chorus
Interface: IK Multimedia STEALTH PLUG

+Quote Post
ballistic31
Jan 21 2008, 04:01 AM
Attached File  solo_comp.mp3 ( 912.34K ) Number of downloads: 194
well here is my upload.............didnt have much time to spend makeing a backing track so i used a marcus neo shred one..............If this breaks the rules of backing track choice just pm me.......It was a quick take of the top of my head sort of thing.....but i wanted to try this comp thing for fun......allways seem to miss out on the collabs cause of my work week ....

--------------------
[size=3][b]

+Quote Post
ballistic31
Jan 21 2008, 07:37 AM
Attached File  fixed_comp_solo.mp3 ( 912.34K ) Number of downloads: 228
ok well I couldnt just stand for a half done job so...this is my final solo the same solo......but i wrote it out in gp5..................then i played it note for note ..............except just to give it a lil something extra.....I played it once panned to the left then i used anouther chanel to play the duplicate solo on the right chanal.....................so basical as you will hear I didnt do to bad jamming with myself lol........same backing track............as before so this is my entry..........sorry for the double take..........but the first one just wasnt a solo in my book................just a hash job,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so this one is wrote out.............and now im happy lol

--------------------
[size=3][b]

+Quote Post
Mark.
Jan 21 2008, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the nice comments smile.gif All the other solo's are sooo cool smile.gif

QUOTE (Iluha @ Jan 20 2008, 08:00 PM) *
Hey man great job, really great technique, wish I could do that smile.gif

Only pointers I could give you is to turn the volume up a bit on you'r guitar, and perhaps work more on connecting between diffrents part of a solo, the blank spots between each part are a bit odd to my ears.

Yep I need to work on my phrashing wink.gif The past year I've been practicing my tecnique tongue.gif But my phrashing sounds in some cases worse then francesco fareri blink.gif

Im really gona work on combining shred with melodie, cause I can kinda shred now, and I can play a melodie but I just can't combine these things together blink.gif laugh.gif

Thanks,

Mark.

+Quote Post
Iluha
Jan 21 2008, 05:43 PM
Great job Ballistic, I really like it! thanks for participating in this smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
ballistic31
Jan 21 2008, 05:58 PM
QUOTE (Iluha @ Jan 21 2008, 11:43 AM) *
Great job Ballistic, I really like it! thanks for participating in this smile.gif

Thanks alot Iluha im glad that you liked it ........I couldnt pass this up after the great time we had with the are you ready collab..........Im gettting there slowly ,, just got to get my timeing up to speed......cause right now its kind of hit or miss..........but i think thats with every guitar player lol nail the first part of the solo and totaly bomb the second part.......lol.......thanks again for your kind words and listening...................cant wait to see what everyone else brings to the table.............so far all the solos are great..........

--------------------
[size=3][b]

+Quote Post
Mark.
Jan 21 2008, 06:20 PM
Just a quick question but who is gona decide who wins ? huh.gif

Ballistic : I really like your solo it has a kind of "eastern" feel to it smile.gif
You said that you wrote it out in guitar pro,
maby it's a good idea to all make a tab of our solo and post it so it aint only a competition,
but also a good opportunity to learn from each other smile.gif

Mark.

+Quote Post
Iluha
Jan 21 2008, 08:07 PM
QUOTE (Mark. @ Jan 21 2008, 07:20 PM) *
Just a quick question but who is gona decide who wins ? huh.gif

Ballistic : I really like your solo it has a kind of "eastern" feel to it smile.gif
You said that you wrote it out in guitar pro,
maby it's a good idea to all make a tab of our solo and post it so it aint only a competition,
but also a good opportunity to learn from each other smile.gif

Mark.

The desicion will be in a poll smile.gif

And yeah it's a great idea! feel free to post tabs for you'r compositions!

--------------------

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jan 22 2008, 12:37 AM
QUOTE (Iluha @ Jan 21 2008, 01:07 PM) *
The desicion will be in a poll smile.gif

And yeah it's a great idea! feel free to post tabs for you'r compositions!

yeah i think Poll is the best method for electing a winner! smile.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
ballistic31
Jan 22 2008, 08:50 AM
well I only have a demo of gp5 to try it out...............so i cant save anything to upload.so im on the look out for some free tab writeing stuff now....im sure i will find somthing i can post with ........

--------------------
[size=3][b]

+Quote Post
Mark.
Jan 22 2008, 10:27 AM
QUOTE (ballistic31 @ Jan 22 2008, 08:50 AM) *
well I only have a demo of gp5 to try it out...............so i cant save anything to upload.so im on the look out for some free tab writeing stuff now....im sure i will find somthing i can post with ........

You could use power tab editor which is free,
or I could give you an illegal link to Guitar pro tongue.gif
But thats probably not OK on this forum blink.gif laugh.gif

Ill post my solo in Guitar pro file when I get home laugh.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:01 PM