> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

154 Pages V  « < 151 152 153 154 >  
Phil66's Thread, for Gab's Army
Phil66
Nov 8 2021, 03:05 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 8 2021, 02:35 PM) *
Hi Phil! Nice video! It looks good. I think that listening to your track while watching the beach is a very relaxing combination.

Yes! This makes sense! It seems that guitar time is getting back... biggrin.gif

Gracias Gab,

I like the video but YT never plays it at 720p when set to auto for some reason.

I am still playing guitar but the Serenity Dimension thing has been taking too much time. I need to invest in some samples/patches/pads etc to get what's in my head. So many around, too many in fact rolleyes.gif

I need to find a new blues/rock lesson with some rhythm work similar to that Rusty Frye vid. I'm keeping the Poor Mans Blues lesson going too but still struggling with that quick lick towards the end, a lot of that lesson isn't helped by my neck/shoulder/arm problem so I;m using it as a warm up so I don't forget it, then when I am fully recovered I can go for it again.

Nos hablamos amigo.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Serenity Dimension project is available on Spotify, Facebook and Bandcamp. Please check it out and share if you like it.
Thanks.

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 9 2021, 09:28 PM
Hola Gab,

Further to the above, I've sent an idea via PM for a track called "Gliding". It's very rough, not particularly good technique, I'm also thinking of getting a felt pick like Uke players use to get a softer attack or maybe use a very very subtle swell.

I've put Spiral Sleep on the back burner for a while, I can't find the sounds I'm looking for to create the main backing theme rolleyes.gif

Nos hablamos amigo

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Serenity Dimension project is available on Spotify, Facebook and Bandcamp. Please check it out and share if you like it.
Thanks.

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 10 2021, 03:55 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil,

I noticed that both Monica and Kris gave you good suggestions for lessons based on this tune. This sounds like Southern rock to me, but Kris' boogie addition is also cool, there is some boogie rhythm happening there.

Maybe you won't find exactly the same riff/rhythm, but you'll get the same tools if you learn some of these lessons. Have you chosen any?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 10 2021, 07:00 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 10 2021, 03:55 PM) *
Hi Phil,

I noticed that both Monica and Kris gave you good suggestions for lessons based on this tune. This sounds like Southern rock to me, but Kris' boogie addition is also cool, there is some boogie rhythm happening there.

Maybe you won't find exactly the same riff/rhythm, but you'll get the same tools if you learn some of these lessons. Have you chosen any?

Hola Gab,

Yeah, I searched for Southern Rock as you suggested but couldn't find anything like that video, there's more in the boogie search but most are level 5.

I think it may all come back to your new course about adding notes in between chords but I can't find that now, I thought it released.

Nos hablamos buddy

UPDATE:

This looks okay https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...ern-rock-style/

UPDATE 2:
I tried that lesson, it's still too much of a struggle getting to the open chords, I'll have to try something else. I can play open chords all day long but getting back to that end of the neck quickly is still too much for my injury.

I am getting BIG improvements in other areas but rear and side deltoid muscles (the ones responsible forget back to the headstock end) and the nerves associated with getting them moving, are the most damaged. There's a chance they will never fully recover due to the length of time of the injury.

I hate to say it but I'm starting to get despondent about the future of my guitar playing, I guess that's why I latched onto the keyboard with the Serenity Dimension thing.

Saludos

This post has been edited by Phil66: Nov 11 2021, 11:03 PM

--------------------
Thanks.

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 12 2021, 02:59 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil!

Yes, that lesson sounds good, maybe a bit advanced as it includes many fast licks combined with those open chords. I think that we can find something more suitable for your level and your current situation. Don't you think so?

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Nov 10 2021, 03:00 PM) *
UPDATE 2:
I tried that lesson, it's still too much of a struggle getting to the open chords, I'll have to try something else. I can play open chords all day long but getting back to that end of the neck quickly is still too much for my injury.

I am getting BIG improvements in other areas but rear and side deltoid muscles (the ones responsible forget back to the headstock end) and the nerves associated with getting them moving, are the most damaged. There's a chance they will never fully recover due to the length of time of the injury.

I hate to say it but I'm starting to get despondent about the future of my guitar playing, I guess that's why I latched onto the keyboard with the Serenity Dimension thing.

Saludos

Let's stay positive! What things can you play without effort at this moment?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 12 2021, 05:12 PM
Thanks for keeping me positive buddy, I am normally an optimistic passion it's just that this injury is getting me down a bit.

I can play most things within reason, my current speed limit is just below that quick lick in Poor Man's Blues (which I WILL complete one day). The difficult thing is moving quickly towards the headstock.

Gracias amigo, nos hablamos.

--------------------
Thanks.

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 12 2021, 11:36 PM
,Hola Gab

Further to the above

This looks like something to do wink.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...blues-phrasing/

I'll see how it feels tomorrow

Also this is tasty https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Southern-Rock/ I think this one will be the better one for me to do as it covers new things for me like muted strumming.

Saludos

This post has been edited by Phil66: Nov 13 2021, 11:17 AM

--------------------
Thanks.

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 14 2021, 09:57 PM
Hola Gab,

Further to the above, I've made a start on this lesson https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Southern-Rock/ the first two bars are tricky for me with the timing of the notes, I feel like a complete newbie laugh.gif

Even playing the chords like this is new to me so it's going to be good to try and play this one. It is saying that the opening chord is Dm, does it still count as a Dm even though the F isn't being played?

I'm still using the Poor Man's Blues tune as my warm up but I can't keep on without something fresh, that one quick lick is beating me at the moment rolleyes.gif

Nos hablamos amigo

--------------------
Thanks.

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 17 2021, 09:57 PM
Hola Gab,

Further to the above, I'm not at the point where it matters yet but I don't want to get too deep in and run into problems.

The GP file for the lesson https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Southern-Rock/ is not the same as the lesson. I think I understand why but I can't work out what I should actually record.

I might be wrong but I think bar 12 in the GP file is actually bar 5 in the lesson, there is an overlap on the guitar parts so I don't know what to do really.

Any suggestions?

Gracias amigo.

--------------------
Thanks.

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 19 2021, 10:30 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! We clarified this chatting, but let's summarize it here. The lesson also includes what the instructor played in the backing track and that's what he shows in some slow videos.

If you decide to play exactly what Stephane played in the main video, you can start with slow video 1, and then jump to slow video 5, 6, 7 and 8.
Video parts 2, 3 and 4 show the rhythm guitar that can be heard panned left in the main video. You can practice this guitar as well by using the "no guitars" backing track.

For REC program, it's ok if you play this exactly as Stephane does in the main video. You don't need to learn parts 2, 3 and 4, and you can use the backing track that includes rhythm guitar.

Attached Image

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 19 2021, 10:41 PM
Muchas gracias Gab,

I've missed your input the last few days, I hope everything is okay with you and yours.

That's great advice, I can knuckle down now without wondering if I'm doing the right thing.

Nos hablamos amigo

--------------------
Thanks.

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 19 2021, 10:49 PM
Instructor
Great! Keep me updated! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 19 2021, 11:10 PM
Will do buddy wink.gif

--------------------
Thanks.

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 20 2021, 09:57 PM
Hola Gab,

Just having a mess around https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=794203

Nos hablamos

--------------------
Thanks.

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 21 2021, 02:43 PM
Instructor
Cool! Check my feedback there!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 22 2021, 09:29 PM
Thanks,

I've also replied, is it best to keep my examples in there? I think it might coax others to have a go rather than in here.

Saludos.

PS: I've bought Quantum cool.gif

--------------------
Thanks.

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 25 2021, 08:46 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Nov 22 2021, 05:29 PM) *
Thanks,

I've also replied, is it best to keep my examples in there? I think it might coax others to have a go rather than in here.

Saludos.

PS: I've bought Quantum cool.gif

Yes! It's better to keep that thread live!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 26 2021, 07:56 AM
I'll do my best buddy, you know how I am at the moment wink.gif The hardest for me is the playing ahead and behind time, I struggle to play on the beat never mind shuffling either side of the beat laugh.gif

--------------------
Thanks.

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 26 2021, 02:31 PM
Instructor
Yeah, you need to be able to play ON the beat first.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 30 2021, 09:57 PM
Hola Gab,

I've been sorting out a GP file for the Lucarelli lesson so I can play along with just what's in the video.

I'm not covering the "hidden" rhythm parts at the moment but I probably will when I've learnt how to use DaVinci Resolve and can do picture in picture. One day.

The two images below show notes the he plays in the videos for the individual parts but they're not in the GP TAB or the normal TAB. It's probably me misunderstanding something, I thought I should ask if they are errors. These are sections 1, 2 and 4. There is a similar thing in section 3 but that is actually showing a part of the next bar. For me, section one is the most important as I'm using section one. I don't think I need to play the highlighted note but I may be wrong.

And here is the GP file I've created, I think it's okay, I will be working in conjunction with the video a lot though, after the issues with the Poor Man's Blues lesson but I do like to have a GP as reference wink.gif I've put it here in case you/Kris want to put it on the lesson download section.

Attached File  Southern_Rock_lucarelli_REC_VERSION.gp ( 11.7K ) Number of downloads: 4

Saludos amigo

This post has been edited by Phil66: Nov 30 2021, 09:59 PM

--------------------
Thanks.

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

154 Pages V  « < 151 152 153 154 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd December 2021 - 06:18 PM