8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8  
Claudiostrat's Boootcamp
Todd Simpson
Oct 29 2021, 12:44 PM
GMC:er
Well fought!! I can see improvement since the last time to be sure. It's a big stretch and you manage it well!!! Your picking is coming along great!!! Keep fighting!!! To wit!

Congrats Soldier. You just....

LEVELED UP!!!
Attached Image
Attached Image

Onward!

Sarge

QUOTE (ClaudioStrat @ Oct 28 2021, 07:49 PM) *
    Hi,

Thanks sorry for the tone, but is the usual one I think the quick Audio recording with the cam is not the best.

worked on it a bit more on the fast one 100bpm ( beginning not too clean but gets better after I warm up ... )

To test my fingers also tried to push it to 105 and 110 too, but not as clean/precise

what do you think?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
    Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
    ClaudioStrat
    Nov 6 2021, 11:05 AM
    Learning Roadie
    Hi Sarge,

worked on M 28 a little this week.

for you for a quick look below, this is 90 bpm, can go faster but wanted to check with you if the pattern is ok?

thanks

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
    Todd Simpson
    Nov 6 2021, 07:11 PM
    Bingo! Thats a very tricky pattern as there is so much back and forth. You are doing it quite well!!! Stay relaxed while playing it as tensing up will kill your speed. I think you can go a pinch faster given your skill level!

Sarge

QUOTE (ClaudioStrat @ Nov 6 2021, 06:05 AM) *
    Hi Sarge,

worked on M 28 a little this week.

for you for a quick look below, this is 90 bpm, can go faster but wanted to check with you if the pattern is ok?

thanks

+Quote Post
    ClaudioStrat
    Nov 7 2021, 11:51 PM
    Learning Roadie
    Hi,

so worked on this a bit more. Please find below 100bpm also tried 105 and 110.
    100 is getting quite conformable, above that is still a low hit rate, but starting to happen.

thanks

This post has been edited by ClaudioStrat: Nov 7 2021, 11:52 PM

+Quote Post
    Todd Simpson
    Nov 8 2021, 05:57 AM
    Impressive work!! You have made big gains since just the last vid! Your playing well here. Your 100 bpm is very tight. Your higher bpm are very close to being studio ready. It's when you push it that you make great gains. I"m on a bit of a holiday in little place called port royal with family and I'll be back this weekend and start shooting video responses again. You killed it!!

Congrats Soldier you just..
    Attached Image
    Attached Image

Onward!
    Sarge
    QUOTE (ClaudioStrat @ Nov 7 2021, 06:51 PM) *
    Hi,

so worked on this a bit more. Please find below 100bpm also tried 105 and 110.
    100 is getting quite conformable, above that is still a low hit rate, but starting to happen.

thanks

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Nov 8 2021, 05:58 AM

+Quote Post
    ClaudioStrat
    Nov 23 2021, 01:05 AM
    Learning Roadie
    Hi Sarge,

I worked on M29 a and b last week. Please find below 90/100bpm for 29a and 100/110bpm for 29b

what do you think?

thanks

+Quote Post
    Todd Simpson
    Nov 23 2021, 04:21 AM
    This is looking good soldier except for one little thing on the last lick. That last lick is one of my faves for warming up, for soloing, for working on speed, etc. It looks like your first finger is moving a bit and I'd like to see you plant the first finger and bar the two strings and keep it fretted the entire time. It then becomes more about the mute since it's always a fretted note on two strings, if the mute is not solid, it will start sounding like a chord and get messy. With a good mute you can get a lot of speed up on that lick and take advantage of the first finger not moving so only the other fingers need to do the work.

I hope this makes sense soldier!!! Give me just that last lick one more time using a finger bar for the first finger on both strings.

I have updated the mission with more detail on using the finger bar. It was not clear in the text that this is what i wanted. I apologize for that.

Sarge

QUOTE (ClaudioStrat @ Nov 22 2021, 08:05 PM) *
    Hi Sarge,

I worked on M29 a and b last week. Please find below 90/100bpm for 29a and 100/110bpm for 29b

what do you think?

thanks

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Nov 23 2021, 04:35 AM

+Quote Post
    ClaudioStrat
    Nov 25 2021, 02:53 PM
    Learning Roadie
    hi,

worked on the 2nd lick yesterday. I think working better with the change, tried 100, 110 and 120 . I think up to 110 is prob ok, 120 prob not there yet.

what do you think?

thanks,

+Quote Post
    Todd Simpson
    Nov 25 2021, 06:15 PM
    The most important part about this is learning that picking pattern. Two strikes on each string. Once you have that down and it looks like you do, you can apply it to a huge variety of licks and riffs. Just being able to do that double strike and keep it clean is a huge gain. Super congrats there! You are also muting very well so that it doesn't sound like a chord. If the mute is not good, both strings will ring out and it won't work as a lick. The finger bar is designed to make it a bit easier on the left hand and allow higher speeds. Your speed is growing quickly!!

I wanted to ask if you can increase the gain/distortion a bit? If it's not possible in your current setup, thats ok as well. the reason is that more gain actually makes this harder since it shows any gaps in the mute. Also , with a mute it gives an almost mechanical feel when using high gain.

You are very tight on the metronome here. Only drifting just a pinch. Can you see the improvements yourself from the last vid? I sure can.

Can you give me one more with a pinch tighter to the metronome and a touch more gain?

Sarge

QUOTE (ClaudioStrat @ Nov 25 2021, 09:53 AM) *
    hi,

worked on the 2nd lick yesterday. I think working better with the change, tried 100, 110 and 120 . I think up to 110 is prob ok, 120 prob not there yet.

what do you think?

thanks,

+Quote Post
    ClaudioStrat
    Nov 26 2021, 12:15 AM
    Learning Roadie
    hi,

thanks can see the progress too!. done a quick rec (this time recording into the DAW which produces better sound, the other vid I was recording the sound via in a different way).
    there is a bit of noise at the beginning but get better as I play the lick a few times.

Off for a few days. cheers

+Quote Post
    Todd Simpson
    Nov 26 2021, 12:00 PM
    Well Fought! You nailed the first drill with no problems and I could tell you had the chops to play the second one as well. It's just a bit trickier with the finger bar. Once you get used to the finger bar it's great way to move up on speed since the first finger takes care of two notes without needing to move the finger smile.gif Also I like your tone much better on this one. Your mute is very solid as is your picking. This double strike picking will come around again!

To wit!

Congrats Soldier! You just...

LEVELED UP!!
    Attached Image
    Attached Image

Sarge

QUOTE (ClaudioStrat @ Nov 25 2021, 07:15 PM) *
    hi,

thanks can see the progress too!. done a quick rec (this time recording into the DAW which produces better sound, the other vid I was recording the sound via in a different way).
    there is a bit of noise at the beginning but get better as I play the lick a few times.

Off for a few days. cheers

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8
    Reply to this topicStart new topic
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd December 2021 - 06:02 PM