2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Who's Better? Dragonforce Or Firewind
Canis
May 4 2008, 02:35 AM
Learning Rock Star
I love Firewind! Regarding Dragonforce... It's becoming a little boring after a while. I don't mind listening to them when they show up on my playlist, but I don't press repeat like I do when Firewind turn up ^^
I also like Firewind better because Gus G is one of my heroes ^^

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Canis: May 4 2008, 02:38 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
May 4 2008, 02:42 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Canis @ May 3 2008, 08:35 PM) *
I love Firewind! Regarding Dragonforce... It's becoming a little boring after a while. I don't mind listening to them when they show up on my playlist, but I don't press repeat like I do when Firewind turn up ^^
I also like Firewind better because Gus G is one of my heroes ^^

i completly agree i was on there myspcae profile today and couldnt stop listening to Mercinary Man

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Canis
May 4 2008, 02:53 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ May 4 2008, 03:42 AM) *
i completly agree i was on there myspcae profile today and couldnt stop listening to Mercinary Man

That's so creepy! So was I tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
May 4 2008, 02:55 AM
haha I ended up going threw there profile and sending Gus G. a friend invite

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Canis
May 4 2008, 02:57 AM
Learning Rock Star
I tried that as well, but I just got bugged back to the frontpage when I pressed the "Add me" button sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
May 4 2008, 03:26 AM
thats funny me 2?

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
TwistedSun
May 4 2008, 11:54 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ May 3 2008, 08:24 PM) *
First off, Herman Li isnt playing as fast as you think he is, Its fast, But not REALLY that fast. Secondly, Speed isnt everything, a slower cleaner solo played well, is better than a fast one played bad. Thirdly, He can play fast, quite fast. Check out some of his other previous projects like Dream Evil, and Mystic Prophecy smile.gif

Most here know Herman Li, but some might not know Gus... So......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHy-OVlijsQ

Herman Li is definitely playing faster than Gus was if we're comparing video's here. I totally agree with you that speed isn't everything, but when I play my DragonForce all I care about is the speed. I play it for the shred.

I watched the entire video that you posted and I did like it. I enjoyed it all. Having said that, I love the arrangement of Herman's solos. They really turn me on.

I think that I will legally obtain some Firewind songs because I have liked all the one's that I've heard on youtube. But Herman Li is still the shiz in my book.

How can you hate on this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU_0ssmI3Rk

Herman and Gus together ohmy.gif
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cjf6ehi4XD8

--------------------
Starting Gear: Epiphone Limited 50th Anniversary SG, Line 6 Spider II 75watt combo amp.
New Gear: Schecter Hellraiser C1 FR, Engl Powerball 100w, Engl Pro 4x12, Z-5 Footswitch

+Quote Post
steve25
May 5 2008, 12:01 AM
They're both good but nothing Gus has done has really blown me away before. I think dragonforce have great melody which is what's important to me so they get my vote.

+Quote Post
Gus
May 5 2008, 12:44 AM
QUOTE (steve25 @ May 5 2008, 01:01 AM) *
They're both good but nothing Gus has done has really blown me away before.

I will not take it personally! tongue.gif

Just kidding. Gus is actually my name. But the more and more I hear Gus G, I like it. He climbed very fast in my ranking of favorite guitarists.
About Herman Li, I first knew about him seeing an Ibanez demonstration video and he is really impressive, but IMHO he kind of overuse full speed. However , his new signature model really has the coolest pickup setup ever!
http://www.dragonforce.com/herman_ibanez_e-gen18tvf.php
Man, what specs and looking! I have to put my hands on one of those...

This post has been edited by Gus: May 5 2008, 12:57 AM

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
Bondy
May 5 2008, 08:14 AM
Learning Roadie
Not heard firewind will check em out i do like to listen to dragon force sometimes though my daughter loves em she is only 4 LOL
Ps i love Herman's sig Ibanez i would buy it straight away if it was in lefty

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
kyldeee
May 5 2008, 08:31 AM
Never really listened them, but judging by the lessons that we have here on GMC I would say that Firewind ( Joe's lesson ) biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
iainsteward
May 5 2008, 10:33 AM
Firewind.....no comparison, they write amazing songs, and Gus G can play anything, he has parts that remind me of George Lynch, some parts that remind me of Yngwie and some blazing solo's that If I attempted would make my fingers drop off!! Dragonforce, IMO are a terrible band, the 2 guitarists are REAL bad, Herman is better than Sam, but thats like saying rabbit droppings taste nicer than bird crap!! Herman's sweep lesson is a joke!!

Gus G is possibly the greatest guitarist around, he sometimes doesnt show his true lead potential as he will be firing out some insane heavy rhythm, but his lead work is truly awesome and composition-wise he is a genius!! I love the way he can go from a heavy, sick rhythm to a slow, melodic chordal passage then use a slow, melodic solo to set the scene but then rip from the slow melodic solo into a screaming million notes a second uber-solo!!

Gus G Rocks!!!

+Quote Post
Canis
May 5 2008, 11:38 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (iainsteward @ May 5 2008, 11:33 AM) *
Firewind.....no comparison, they write amazing songs, and Gus G can play anything, he has parts that remind me of George Lynch, some parts that remind me of Yngwie and some blazing solo's that If I attempted would make my fingers drop off!! Dragonforce, IMO are a terrible band, the 2 guitarists are REAL bad, Herman is better than Sam, but thats like saying rabbit droppings taste nicer than bird crap!! Herman's sweep lesson is a joke!!

Gus G is possibly the greatest guitarist around, he sometimes doesnt show his true lead potential as he will be firing out some insane heavy rhythm, but his lead work is truly awesome and composition-wise he is a genius!! I love the way he can go from a heavy, sick rhythm to a slow, melodic chordal passage then use a slow, melodic solo to set the scene but then rip from the slow melodic solo into a screaming million notes a second uber-solo!!

Gus G Rocks!!!

There's nothing more to say then:

+1

--------------------

+Quote Post
steve25
May 5 2008, 08:50 PM
QUOTE (Canis @ May 5 2008, 11:38 AM) *
There's nothing more to say then:

+1

Wasn't that banned a while ago?

+Quote Post
VinceG
May 6 2008, 10:42 AM
I would pick Dragonforce, just for the sake of everyone hating them for there talent. Yea, most of there songs sounds the same, but for the actual good songs they have on 3 of there albums, It blows away most of the Power Metal competition.

I listened to Mercenary Man... not impressed one bit. It was just boring. The typical melodic intro, its like c mon, you know how many bands have done that? At least put something blistering on the background to keep things on a mediocre level. Blah, power metal is not my forte but I would rather choose the annoying background of Dragonforce and there 5 good songs on there entire career than to a truckload of Firewind disco for free.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Danilo Capezzuto
May 6 2008, 06:28 PM
Instructor
I think is a matter of taste...I prefer Firewind...check the Joe's lesson about firewind...is a must practice!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 10:20 AM