Marek Rojewski Mtp Thread
Emir Hot
Dec 3 2009, 11:46 AM
Instructor
Hi Marek

Please write a short info about your current playing abilities, prefered styles and post some recordings or a video.
I am looking forward to this and I hope that you will learn many useful things throughout this program.

All the best
Emir

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Dec 3 2009, 12:34 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Hi Emir!

Preferred styles: Power Metal, Heavy Metal, Rock/Metal ballads.

Current abilities: Well, I had a break from playing last month, so it will take few days before getting into shape, but otherwise I think that videos/mp3 will show my level better than words.

My favorite video, maybe not the most technical, but this is the only video of a colllab take, and I enjoined this collab quite much.

Some videos from my Youtube Channel

Here are some links to my collab mp3 takes:
Lukather Style Collab

Heavy Metal Collab

Southern Metal Collab

Dorian Collab

Drop Rock Collab

Time Feel Collab

Soloing With Arpeggios

There were few more but I think these shows enough;) The Time Feel and Soloing With Arpeggios are the two first collabs I participated in.

As soon as I will get back from my trip (Saturday/Sunday) I will be ready and steady;)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Dec 3 2009, 12:54 PM
Instructor
Thanks for these videos and files. There is some very cool playing. Do you have anything specific that you would like to learn? What techniques are you not comfortable with?

edit: I am just doing some sweep picking with some other guys. Would you like to have a go with that?

This post has been edited by Emir Hot: Dec 3 2009, 06:18 PM

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Dec 5 2009, 09:37 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Hi there Emir! I am back from my trip, quite tired but logged to GMC for a moment anyway:)

I am a total sweep-noob, and would like to learn to sweep better, so as long as it is okay for You to listen to a 10bpm sweep like noise, I can give it a go too:)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Dec 7 2009, 10:47 AM
Instructor
Ok Marek let's see how it goes smile.gif

Here is the assignment for the next Sunday as you missed this one smile.gif

Play only the 1st part (1st video) in 130bpm. The week after we will play the same thing in 155 and the second video in 130.

Go to Jakub's thread and pick the backing tracks and tabs.

What are you going to do for the REC take? You should submit one by the end of the month. Some guys that need to improve vibrato will take my Neoclassical Solo For Beginners. If you by any chance want to go for that one I did a 14 min instructional video how to play that lesson. Check it here. You don't have to go for this if you don't want to, the choice is yours smile.gif

Good luck

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Dec 8 2009, 10:41 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Emir sorry for being inactive on the forum, but I was quite busy, and when I wanted to write something yesterday, my keyboard broke and I had to buy a new one today:)

I am practicing the assignment, hope to learn it in time. I am not sure what lesson I will learn for the monthly MTP REC submission, Your neoclassical is definitely a great sounding lesson that I decided to learn sooner or later, I will have to see if I have the time these days to push one of the more difficult lessons that I was practicing already, or give neoclassical a try instead.

Do the weekly assignments have to be also record with the camera, or is it okay to provide only the mp3 file for these? I think that if I will be able to play it without mistakes, than a mp3 file is good enough, but if there will be some problems with playing it, than better to provide a video, so You will know what I am doing wrong.

\m/ ! wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Dec 9 2009, 02:00 AM
Instructor
We definitely need a video. Doesn't have to be high quality but I need to see your hands so I can give you a proper feedback.

As for the REC, you don't necessarily need to pass it but you do have to submit it. No need to go for some difficult stuff. If you want to try my neoclassical solo then please check this thread and download the video where I explained the whole lesson. I hope it will help you.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Dec 12 2009, 01:45 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
I had a better sounding video, but my right hand wasn't visible at all on it, so I post the one I did when I noticed that. It was hard to play, because the stool on which I rest my left leg isn't high enough for both hands to be seen, so I had to keep my left leg in the air the whole time:P

Hope the video is good enough to see what I do wrong...

EDIT: don't know why it was "timed" in the stupid windows movie maker........

This post has been edited by Marek Rojewski: Dec 12 2009, 01:47 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Dec 12 2009, 03:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Dec 12 2009, 12:45 PM) *
I had a better sounding video, but my right hand wasn't visible at all on it, so I post the one I did when I noticed that. It was hard to play, because the stool on which I rest my left leg isn't high enough for both hands to be seen, so I had to keep my left leg in the air the whole time:P

Hope the video is good enough to see what I do wrong...

EDIT: don't know why it was "timed" in the stupid windows movie maker........

Thanks for the video, this take is not bad at all. Very solid take. The only thing is that your audio is late 2 seconds from the video. You should synch that somehow. Also the muted notes are maybe too much muted. It can be that your sound needs more drive. Don't forget to play on the neck pickup position.

Tomorrow is the deadline for the assignment so you can try to do even better one and upload to your assignment thread, not here.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Dec 17 2009, 06:56 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Hi there Emir! I more less am able to play the first exercise up to 155 bpm, so I started learning the second exercise. I have a question concerning it --> do You sweep pick both up and down, or only down? I mean when You do the upstroke - pull off - upstroke, are the two upstrokes two wrist movements, or is it a sweep picking kind of thing? I think it is, but am not sure, so better to ask;)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Dec 17 2009, 07:04 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Dec 17 2009, 05:56 PM) *
Hi there Emir! I more less am able to play the first exercise up to 155 bpm, so I started learning the second exercise. I have a question concerning it --> do You sweep pick both up and down, or only down? I mean when You do the upstroke - pull off - upstroke, are the two upstrokes two wrist movements, or is it a sweep picking kind of thing? I think it is, but am not sure, so better to ask;)

Only down sweep. I don't rest my pick on the string when going up. Not in this exercise.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Dec 17 2009, 07:27 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Okay practicing it right now. I think I will upload both videos on Sunday smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Dec 17 2009, 07:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Dec 17 2009, 06:27 PM) *
Okay practicing it right now. I think I will upload both videos on Sunday smile.gif

That would be great Marek smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Dec 19 2009, 07:54 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Broke a string, went to the shop, bought two packs of strings, than broke another string, will try to claim a super success which is putting, tuning and having strings on the guitar tomorrow...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Dec 19 2009, 08:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Dec 19 2009, 06:54 PM) *
Broke a string, went to the shop, bought two packs of strings, than broke another string, will try to claim a super success which is putting, tuning and having strings on the guitar tomorrow...

unlucky smile.gif Take your time

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 15 2010, 12:21 AM
Instructor
Hi Marek

Sorry for being this late. I was busy as hell and I still am. We can continue where we stopped last time if you are happy. We can still treat this as our old MTP phase as Kristofer approved that I can finish that up with you guys together with some new members. Let me know either way so we can move on or lock the topic smile.gif

Cheers

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:59 PM