> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

(pass 9) Mark Knopfler Style Lesson 2, Lesson By Muris Varajic
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 2 ] ** [40.00%]
9 [ 1 ] ** [20.00%]
10 [ 2 ] ** [40.00%]
Total Votes: 5

zeus
Dec 28 2011, 07:44 AM
GMC:er
Original lesson: Mark Knopfler Style Lesson 2 by Muris Varajic

I was hesitant to post this one because I played it with a pick and also played the last 2 sections differently, but I decided any feedback would help me. Thanks.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 28 2011, 03:35 PM
Instructor
Hey man! The take is really good! There is only one bend that doesn't reach the correct pitch. Your tone on this one is a bit different to the original, you have a more metal sound which wouldn't be used by Mark and also you used a different technique so it's a bit difficult to grade the take.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 28 2011, 06:32 PM
Instructor
Hey I really like this version ! It works with the pick and the more stacatto type way of playing. There's only one bit where it messes up for me, which is at 0:18 and it's only because the note died.. but apart from that, everything else rocked ! biggrin.gif

Even though it is a more 'metal' take, guitar playing should show your personality and it does that, so I can't downgrade you from a 10 !

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 28 2011, 09:49 PM
Instructor
I totally agree with Ben! Nice take! Your approach was different from the original recording of the lesson but the result was awesome nonetheless! Congratulations and a 10 from me as well! biggrin.gif The daring shall be rewarded!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 28 2011, 10:31 PM
Instructor
Very good playing in general, there are some bends and false notes as the guys suggested. I think it was good that you tried with the pick, but I cannot say it's perfect. I give a 9, well done! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Dec 30 2011, 03:21 AM
Instructor
I feel good listening to this solo and that says a lot, you look confident and dominant of the guitar, keep that on!

Just work on your precision, what I mean is, really have all the phrases down, where they start and where they end, really tight with the backing

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 3 2012, 06:36 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
9 (pass)

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:53 PM