Telecaster Question, howdy
Reece
Feb 29 2008, 09:09 PM
GMC:er
righty O, well i have a 96 fender usa made tele....i bought it off ebay last year, but im not sure if its 100 % real.

ill get some pics in a mo.

ive had the tone plate out and the pick ups...but doesnt seem to be any indication of fender parts.
arent the pick ups ment to have foil around in the hole? or only for guitars that dont want the hum wink.gif

the guitar it self sounds ok.... but im wondering is it worth my time upgrading the pups for some thing a bit more swish..

any pointers in the right direction? i play pretty much every thing...from jazz to rock...but not heavy metal, i leave that to my les paul wink.gif

cheers Reece

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 1 2008, 04:34 PM
Instructor
Hey man, does your guitar sounds kinda bad or something. If so, you should check some telecaster tips on how to see if the hardware is real. You can google it up, i've found a tone of stuff especially on vintage guitar sites.

Also if you wanna change the pickups, I suggest some Dimarzio's for tele. They sound great.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Reece
Mar 2 2008, 01:31 AM
GMC:er
it doesnt sound bad, just the i cant seem to find the sound i want from the neck pick up. ive played around with the settings on my amp for hours....

i took the neck off last night, and it is a real usa fender, been stamped 1996 with dates etc..

ill have a look at those pick ups, cheers

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:18 PM