> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Country Picking - Advanced, Lesson By Muris Varajic
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 2 ] ** [100.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 2

derper
Jan 12 2012, 12:13 AM
Learning Tone Master
Original lesson: Country Picking - Advanced by Muris Varajic

It's not close to perfect, and I'm no where near "Full Muris" speed.....but here's my first REC submission.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 12 2012, 12:26 PM
Instructor
This is very good man, well done! smile.gif This video doesn't qualify for REC, because it's not played at full tempo (read info link), but I will give you some comments on your playing. I think you managed to play it very good, but this lesson is on higher tempo, and I think you would benefit from practicing on slower tempos more. I can already see that you are struggling with the notes, because the pauses between the notes are relatively big (they should be very short). If you manage to make these pauses even shorter on this tempo - your speed will increase accordingly.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 12 2012, 12:35 PM
Instructor
Hi my friend, good to see you working on the lessons smile.gif

Ok, obviously speed isn't going to be your priority now so let's concentrate on other aspects. Your picking technique looks quite awkward at the moment.. it looks as if you are pushing everything 'down'. I know you wear your guitar very low but you should still be able to rest the side of your picking hand lightly on the strings in front of the bridge. From this position, you should be able to curve your hand inwards slightly so you have a better position to reach the strings.

It doesn't matter if you hold your other fingers in or if you rest fingers on the guitar.. but resting the very side of you hand on the strings will give you more contact with the instrument and there will be less margin for error when picking.

Apart from that, I would also go with Ivan's advice. Just more time and practice is needed.. you're on the right path. Just do more of what you've been doing smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 12 2012, 04:41 PM
Instructor
Hi friend! As Ivan said, this take can't be considered for the REC since it's not at the real tempo. However it's cool that you post your progress in the site in order to allow us give you some feedback. I agree with Ben regarding your right hand position and movement. I would add to that that you should concentrate to make your picking movements the smaller possible to be able to increase your speed.

So concentrate on this details and continue working hard! You are on the right track mate!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 12 2012, 07:20 PM
Instructor
Well, I know that with all the good advice, the next post here shall be taken into account as a full blooded REC take smile.gif Remember, speed comes from movement economy! Keep those motions as little as possible and you will get there! Keep rocking mate!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:29 AM