Pick Holding..., I get sick of my right hand
TheReturnFC-Iban...
Sep 28 2007, 11:47 AM
GMC:er
Well guys and my dear friends, rolleyes.gif
after a while of Alternate picking... laugh.gif
I found that my right hand holding the pick is kind of loose.... mad.gif
I don't know how do you guys hold the pick? blink.gif

When I try to hold it more tide... i found that my right hand get too fast and the sound come too bad ... I mean out of control! blink.gif
When I'm lazy I hold it sightly loose.... blink.gif blink.gif

I also want to know about kind of picks and thickness of them which works better on your opinion and why as well.. Which works for high techniques! laugh.gif laugh.gif

Thank there I'm open for all answer and personal aspects! biggrin.gif dry.gif tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Sep 28 2007, 03:39 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (TheReturnFC-Ibanez @ Sep 28 2007, 12:47 PM) *
Well guys and my dear friends, rolleyes.gif
after a while of Alternate picking... laugh.gif
I found that my right hand holding the pick is kind of loose.... mad.gif
I don't know how do you guys hold the pick? blink.gif

When I try to hold it more tide... i found that my right hand get too fast and the sound come too bad ... I mean out of control! blink.gif
When I'm lazy I hold it sightly loose.... blink.gif blink.gif

I also want to know about kind of picks and thickness of them which works better on your opinion and why as well.. Which works for high techniques! laugh.gif laugh.gif

Thank there I'm open for all answer and personal aspects! biggrin.gif dry.gif tongue.gif

I hold it between the tip of the thumb and the side of the index finger, which I curl in so I keep the upper joint in parallell with the thumb.
I use minimum 1 mm picks. Grip is neither lazy nor too firm.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Sep 28 2007, 06:09 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Hmm.. I cant advice you much on pick holding, cos mine is bad too:-D Check pavels Ionan scale speedpicking, and (i guess its video 3) in one of these videos, you can easily see the right way to hold the pick.

About thickness... it depends on you..
Anyways, I started at .55, but it was like playing with two sheets of paper.. so I grabbed yellow tortex ('round .75), inspired by Matt of Muse. But after month of practicing speed picking - I play with angle, when playing fast - the sides of my pick were like turned inside - shaped by that playing. So i decided to play with 1mm. Now there is a slight wear & tear visible on this pick, so I will go on even higher thickness:-D

So IMO, its about trial and failure to get your own ideal pickness.. We all are looking for ourselves.. and for our pick all our lives:-D

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
besip
Sep 30 2007, 08:35 AM
i'm also lost...im just playing basic scale on beghiner kick,but i'm always try them with angle. if i'm angle the pick to the left side i'm not sound well .. i'm do better if i'm do the angle to right side{out of neck} but the problem is when im try play power chords im have change the angle again to left side rolleyes.gif

for mi right hand is more comfortable the way when i'm angle to the left side..but the sound is then not loud unsure.gif

This post has been edited by besip: Sep 30 2007, 08:36 AM

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Sep 30 2007, 05:01 PM
Here's a good explanation of how to hold your pick:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SvMcT_NiaWo

--------------------

+Quote Post
besip
Sep 30 2007, 10:29 PM
QUOTE (botoxfox @ Sep 30 2007, 12:01 PM) *
Here's a good explanation of how to hold your pick:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SvMcT_NiaWo

thx thats realy good explanation i'm actualy do the backwards angle now like him before ..but same case i'm hurting my thumb so i'm wanna change the angle..but if i'm did before thats not sound good...but the video is helpful and im gonna try play my self with the angle and will see what is happen cool.gif

This post has been edited by besip: Sep 30 2007, 10:30 PM

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
TheReturnFC-Iban...
Sep 30 2007, 11:05 PM
thx for youtube^_^

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:07 AM