2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Ibanez Or Custom?
Marcus Siepen
Sep 26 2008, 12:20 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
The thing is... I have seen many kids, that so far only played one single guitar, talk about buying a custom made guitar, and I always wonder on what experience they want to base their custom order??? You should have played many different guitars, different pickups, different woods, different shapes of necks and bodies, to get an idea about how all those things affect the sound. If you have no clue about those things then it is definitely better to get a "normal" guitar and rely on the knowledge of the big companies.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Igorrr
Sep 26 2008, 07:50 PM
GMC:er
Well factory is not always factory. If you buy a stock japanese Ibanez or US Gibson you are on the same quality level as most custom guitars. Custom is meant for people who have a clear vision of what instrument they want that can not be met by a stock instrument.
Quality in manufacturing here is about the same between custom or stock guitar. If you go cheaper to Mexican, Korean or especially Chinese made guitars quality controls are less strict and you can end up having a cheap and great or a cheap and crappy guitar.

In your place willing to spend that amount of money I would suggest to head to the biggest music store in your reach (preferably those that have over 200 guitars for sale) and really spend the whole day there testing each instrument that catches your eye.
Sometimes you will be surprised to find a "cheap" 800 Euro guitar feeling and sounding much better than a twice as expensive prestige instrument :-).

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:41 AM