> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Pinky Exercise, Lesson By Sinisa Cekic
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 2 ] ** [50.00%]
9 [ 2 ] ** [50.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

Manu RASSE
Jan 23 2019, 05:16 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Original lesson: Pinky Exercise by Sinisa Cekic

Hi GMC

I've been working this lesson for 20 days,

The accent is important and I confess I had difficulty in 12th fret sequence.
I felt like a bad timing. I worked with a metronome and it helped me a lot.
To understand the beginning, I made a BT with metronome and part of the original Sinisa.
I share it with you if you want to learn this lesson.

Kris – Can you update for all please ?

BT 130 BPM with Metronome : https://ahp.li/27d3402a4d763321e6e1.mp3

BT 130 BPM without Metronome : https://ahp.li/12df1d61e62e5e5cbe51.mp3

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MisterM: Jan 23 2019, 05:17 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jan 23 2019, 08:59 PM
Instructor
Hey there!

Your legato has even tone of each note. Your strength managment seems to be just fine. Looks a little soft though...not sure if ti's just the visual feeling. Legato runs liuke these are highly difficult to be kept precise in time. You deserve compliments for clean (no noise of open strings and no scratches) playing. Two things are making the take slightly going off the top - few flaws at the wider stretches and not that precise timing...even if not so bad at all. I know how much work it takes to take this performance to even better execution so I do realize how much work your already brought. Well done.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 24 2019, 08:42 AM
GMC:er
Nicely done!! This is a challenging bit of music to be sure. I can see that you have spent serious time in the wood shed to be able to play this. It's got some big hand stretch bits that are a challenge for any player and it has to be played in a very even pace or it will just fall apart. You do well on the technique and musicality of the piece and you stick the landing with the pinky which is crucial. The slight gaps that I seem to hear on the wide gap bits between first note and when you land the pinky are due to your hand shifting in under one beat. Due to sitting "Side saddle" with your guitar on the right leg instead of sitting "classical" with the guitar in the middle, it forces your hand/wrist on your fret hand to an angle which makes it tough to play the first finger/pinky note combo without shifting your hand a bit. If you raise the angle of your guitar neck, your hand angle can adjust to where you can play that bit without moving your hand back and forth. However, this is a personal choice as some folks just dont like playing in classical position. Also, eventually, you can play side saddle just fine without making the hand shift. I would suggest giving classical position a shot and raising the angle of your guitar neck to see if you notice an increase in the range/reach of frets you can reach without needing a hand shift.

That being said, I enjoyed and was impressed by your work. Solid 8!!
Todd

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 24 2019, 04:16 PM
Instructor
Hi mate,

I've just commented this take at the mentoring thread. Congrats!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 25 2019, 10:18 AM
GMC Founder
This looks excellent to me.

The only thing I can comment on is that the first two notes seem a little late. Technique looks great, you get a 9 from me!

QUOTE (MisterM @ Jan 23 2019, 05:16 PM) *
Kris – Can you update for all please ?

BT 130 BPM with Metronome : https://ahp.li/27d3402a4d763321e6e1.mp3

Thanks! I have upload the backing with pre-count to the lesson now!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
Jan 31 2019, 05:09 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 8.5

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:26 AM