Reaper?
FFranco
Jun 18 2008, 06:12 PM
GMC:er
Hey guys I have heard that Reaper is free even after trial days, and I have also heard that you gotta pay....So whats the deal?
Also, I'm looking to buy a USB interface to connect only my guitar and bass to my laptop, so which ones do you guys recommend that is under $100
Thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
There still are many hidden discoveries waiting to be found in a guitar
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Matt23
Jun 18 2008, 06:17 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
Don't know about interfaces, but Reaper is free indefintiely but they encourage you to buy a license and you have to wait 6 seconds every time it opens if you don't buy a license. Basically you should but you don't have to. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Fran
Jun 18 2008, 06:20 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Reaper is free to try, and will function forever, but after a few trial days it will prompt a short (4 seconds) message at start up encouraging you to register (pay) if you like it, but as said, will continue to work even if you don't.

Under 100$ I'd recommend some Line 6 toneport as USB interface, they work great.

Check out the Toneport GX
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/index.php/Toneport_gx

And Toneport UX1 (a bit more expensive):
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...?showtopic=9152

Good luck wink.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
superize
Jun 18 2008, 06:21 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
QUOTE (FFranco @ Jun 18 2008, 07:12 PM) *
Hey guys I have heard that Reaper is free even after trial days, and I have also heard that you gotta pay....So whats the deal?
Also, I'm looking to buy a USB interface to connect only my guitar and bass to my laptop, so which ones do you guys recommend that is under $100
Thanks

I would recommendyou get a Toneport GX it is cheap and it should cover yor needs

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
FFranco
Jun 18 2008, 06:52 PM
hey guys thanks...I really appreciate your help

--------------------
There still are many hidden discoveries waiting to be found in a guitar

+Quote Post
Gus
Jun 18 2008, 09:51 PM
Let's say that Reaper has a license in the models of "Winzip license"

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 18 2008, 09:54 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Toneport + reaper should fulfill your needs..

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
swingline
Jun 18 2008, 10:12 PM
QUOTE (Gus @ Jun 18 2008, 01:51 PM) *
Let's say that Reaper has a license in the models of "Winzip license"

Exactly! laugh.gif

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller

+Quote Post
Slammer
Jun 18 2008, 10:47 PM
You've got to check Deeproots Excellent Lesson on recording with Reaper, it's extremely helpful smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 18 2008, 11:31 PM
Instructor
Toneport GX and Reaper are currently the best bet for you. very cheap and very good for the price. More than enough to get you started.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jun 19 2008, 10:11 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Regarding the license, from the Reaper website.:

>>License Terms

* Purchasing a license for REAPER v2.x entitles the user to use, on one computer at a time, past and future versions of REAPER up to and including v3.99.
* REAPER is provided with full functionality, and will not expire after any period of time. We trust that you, the user, will obey the license agreement and purchase a license if use continues.
* "Non-commercial use" as defined here, refers to the use of this software for the production of your own content, not for the purpose of making money.
* "Commercial use" as defined here, refers to any use that is not a non-commercial use as defined above, and shall include, but not be limited to either of the following uses: a) the use of this software for the production of others' content for compensation, or cool.gif the use of this software by a business for any purpose.
* The full terms of the license agreement are included with REAPER, please read them if you have any questions. <<

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A single non-commercial user license is 50USD - very cheap for a full professional quality sequencer. Purchasing a license helps Jason and Cuckos develop Reaper and other software further.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jun 19 2008, 01:21 PM
Singing Instructor
I agree,toneprt and reaper is cool mix,plus,so many people haw that combination here so ,if you haw any problems they can help you solve it very quickly.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:42 PM