> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

(7.5 Pass) 80s Hard Rock Lesson, Lesson By Gabriel Leopardi
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 2 ] ** [50.00%]
8 [ 2 ] ** [50.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

Andrew6
Oct 25 2011, 12:37 AM
Learning Rock Star
Original lesson: 80s Hard Rock Lesson by Gabriel Leopardi

A lesson i've really liked for awhile. Used my Jackson RR5, Toneport GX and reaper. It appears something strange happened to the sync when I uploaded it to youtube..

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Andrew6: Oct 25 2011, 12:38 AM

--------------------
The Gear Box:

Jackon RR5 Randy Rhoads
Epiphone Special II
Ibanez GRG170DX

Rogue Electric Acoustic (CHEAP lol)

Behringer GX210 AMP
Crate GT30 AMP

Korg Ax5G Effects Unit
Zoom G2 Effects Unit
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 25 2011, 08:46 AM
Instructor
Hey Andrew! The take seems to be pretty good, although I cant figure out too many details as it is not synchronized properly due to that youtube ptoblem you mention probably, and also due to the fact that you have not positioned yourself too well so that we may see your hands properly and the lights are quite dim. You should switch on more lights if you have the possibility and let us have a front view of your guitar wink.gif otherwise I can say that you have to work a bit on your vibrato, in order to make it wider and rounder and timing/ tightness could also be improved - just slow it down a bit and play through the details with a lot of focus smile.gif

All the best and keep on rocking mate!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Oct 25 2011, 08:47 AM

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 25 2011, 08:42 PM
Instructor
Very very good smile.gif I like your tone and vibrato (although it needs to be more polished and wider). Timing is the biggest issue here, try to lock with the drums more tightly.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Oct 25 2011, 09:55 PM
Instructor
Very ungrateful to evaluate! Video and sound are confusing me smile.gif !Anyway, listening to the sound I have noticed some problems with timing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 26 2011, 03:03 PM
Instructor
Hi Andrew, this is a generally good take. Timing and getting the right pitch when bending would be the 2 things I would take away from it to practice.

Try to avoid playing in front of the beat (rushing). If you're rushing in front of the beat, then you can take it as a good sign that you have enough time to play the licks. So try and relax back a bit. smile.gif

+Quote Post
skennington
Oct 30 2011, 07:22 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
7.5 (pass)

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:41 PM