4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
In The Style Of Michael Romeo, Request
swingline
Feb 6 2008, 01:29 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Muris @ Feb 4 2008, 05:50 PM) *
I've found Romeo's LEAD playing a lot more unique than Page's,
with this statement I'm gonna run and hide now...see ya!! laugh.gif

Don't worry I can't stand to listen to Zepplin, my ears start to bleed. On second thought you better run and I'll be right behind you. laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fkalich
Feb 6 2008, 01:45 AM
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Feb 5 2008, 06:25 PM) *
Awesome Juan! Cant wait, thank you very much! smile.gif

Agreed. I like the way Owen expresses his opinions and likes/dislikes.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BAj7DcSQeWY&feature=related

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by fkalich: Feb 6 2008, 01:46 AM

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Feb 6 2008, 01:51 AM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Feb 5 2008, 06:45 PM) *

No offense, but what does that have to do...? unsure.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Feb 6 2008, 02:58 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (swingline @ Feb 6 2008, 01:29 AM) *
Don't worry I can't stand to listen to Zepplin, my ears start to bleed. On second thought you better run and I'll be right behind you. laugh.gif

laugh.gif I DO like Led Zeppelin tho but thanks for support,appreciate it laugh.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
fkalich
Feb 6 2008, 04:14 AM
QUOTE (Muris @ Feb 5 2008, 07:58 PM) *
laugh.gif I DO like Led Zeppelin tho but thanks for support,appreciate it laugh.gif biggrin.gif

I tell you when I think it is good. If not, within the bounds of accepted behavior on the forum (Kris's standards), I will tell you if I don't like it. I like people being honest to me, if it hurts or not, and I do the same.

EVH was great, did that lesson yesterday. Gilbert 2, fabulous. Others I have have done or will do, great. When I pass on one, it is when it is really not that unique from what I have done before, or just does not sound good to me, to my taste. But all in all you are one of my 2 favorite teachers (used to be top 3 but you moved up).

I am not saying do Page. Page is so ingrained in what came after Zep, I mean the is the deal, no he is not unique, not anymore. Sure was in the early 70's. Some guys really shaped music. Green Day, has a basis going back to Buddy Holly, as do most all beat bands. Buddy was sure unique in the 50's. And 1/3 of what went into making the Beatles, who also are ingrained in so much of what has come after them.

Personally, I would like to see a Skynyrd lesson. They don't have a unique sound? Well maybe to the extent that they are still imitated. Still, I have to feel a Skynyrd lesson such as like Free Bird would be a lot more popular than another same old same old.

Here is a guy from Norway playing that. This guy really rocks, I have watched his videos since he started putting them out. And read the comments. I think this guy may go somewhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGAthWseovs

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Feb 6 2008, 04:55 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Come on! You can't be for real, are you? "Free Bird". Well maybe a slide guitar lesson (general usage), but I don't think anyone has 16 minutes to cover this song. No disrespect intended but that song goes on forever and I can't wait till it's over. Just not what I think of as a good example.

QUOTE (fkalich @ Feb 5 2008, 10:14 PM) *
I tell you when I think it is good. If not, within the bounds of accepted behavior on the forum (Kris's standards), I will tell you if I don't like it. I like people being honest to me, if it hurts or not, and I do the same.

EVH was great, did that lesson yesterday. Gilbert 2, fabulous. Others I have have done or will do, great. When I pass on one, it is when it is really not that unique from what I have done before, or just does not sound good to me, to my taste. But all in all you are one of my 2 favorite teachers (used to be top 3 but you moved up).

I am not saying do Page. Page is so ingrained in what came after Zep, I mean the is the deal, no he is not unique, not anymore. Sure was in the early 70's. Some guys really shaped music. Green Day, has a basis going back to Buddy Holly, as do most all beat bands. Buddy was sure unique in the 50's. And 1/3 of what went into making the Beatles, who also are ingrained in so much of what has come after them.

Personally, I would like to see a Skynyrd lesson. They don't have a unique sound? Well maybe to the extent that they are still imitated. Still, I have to feel a Skynyrd lesson such as like Free Bird would be a lot more popular than another same old same old.

Here is a guy from Norway playing that. This guy really rocks, I have watched his videos since he started putting them out. And read the comments. I think this guy may go somewhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGAthWseovs

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Feb 6 2008, 04:57 AM

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
fkalich
Feb 6 2008, 05:03 AM
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Feb 5 2008, 09:55 PM) *
Come on! You can't be for real, are you? "Free Bird". Well maybe a slide guitar lesson (general usage), but I don't think anyone has 16 minutes to cover this song. No disrespect intended but that song goes on forever and I can't wait till it's over. Just not what I think of as a good example.

well I find that in general, stuff I like has zillion of hits on youtube, and stuff like Romeo, like as many as if some guy shows some video of his cat. Maybe not that much. For example I like the Killers. Far below the dignity of what most people on this forum would consider good music. One video has 4 million hits, another over 5 million. I think like most people, as silly and unsophisticated as we the masses are, and am comfortable with that.

I live in a college town of 30,000 students. I wonder how many I would have to ask before any one of them would know who this Symphony X even was. I hear Skynyrd and Zep still being played at their parties though.

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Feb 6 2008, 05:14 AM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Feb 6 2008, 05:03 AM) *
well I find that in general, stuff I like has zillion of hits on youtube, and stuff like Romeo, like as many as if some guy shows some video of his cat. Maybe not that much. For example I like the Killers. Far below the dignity of what most people on this forum would consider good music. One video has 4 million hits, another over 5 million. I think like most people, as silly and unsophisticated as we the masses are, and am comfortable with that.

I live in a college town of 30,000 students. I wonder how many I would have to ask before any one of them would know who this Symphony X even was. I hear Skynyrd and Zep still being played at their parties though.

Go to Japan, you will hear plenty of Symphony X, Dream Theater, Malmsteen, etc, and no Skynyrd.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Feb 6 2008, 05:17 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Youtube hits has nothing to do with how good people think a band is, what if people watch it and dont like it? I doubt ever person watched that video and liked it.

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Feb 6 2008, 05:20 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Feb 6 2008, 05:17 AM) *
Youtube hits has nothing to do with how good people think a band is, what if people watch it and dont like it? I doubt ever person watched that video and liked it.

Yea if you notice the ratio of views to comments/rates, you will see there is like 2000 times as many views as there is ratings, which most likely means a lot of people just clicked on it, watch like 2 seconds or whatever and then just left.

--------------------

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Feb 6 2008, 05:28 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Feb 5 2008, 10:17 PM) *

Agreed!!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
fkalich
Feb 6 2008, 05:31 AM
QUOTE (shellshock1911 @ Feb 5 2008, 10:20 PM) *
Yea if you notice the ratio of views to comments/rates, you will see there is like 2000 times as many views as there is ratings, which most likely means a lot of people just clicked on it, watch like 2 seconds or whatever and then just left.

right. i guess my dog could really have sung the star spangled banner when I went to the grocery store, I mean, how can I be sure?

You know why I like Gabriel? Well I guess I have disclosed the other of my two favorites. Well, he does lessons on bands that people like, maybe not the most sophisticated guitarists, but who have a unique sound, indie type bands. I mean, sweep away, and ap away, fine, good luck. hardly anybody cares. people don't care. I know enough ap and sweeping and tapping from the lessons, I can figure the rest out for myself. anymore I look for unique sounds, I don't care if it is technically sophisticated. the sited need the ap, and whatever, but the tank is full, only so much you can do with that animal.

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Feb 6 2008, 05:36 AM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Feb 6 2008, 05:31 AM) *
right. i guess my dog could really have sung the star spangled banner when I went to the grocery store, I mean, how can I be sure?

You know why I like Gabriel? Well I guess I have disclosed the other of my two favorites. Well, he does lessons on bands that people like, maybe not the most sophisticated guitarists, but who have a unique sound, indie type bands. I mean, sweep away, and ap away, fine, good luck. hardly anybody cares. people don't care. I know enough ap and sweeping and tapping from the lessons, I can figure the rest out for myself. anymore I look for unique sounds, I don't care if it is technically sophisticated. the sited need the ap, and whatever, but the tank is full, only so much you can do with that animal.

Some people (including me) play for pure enjoyment, and don't care to impress anyone like you may want to. If the purpose for playing guitar for you is to impress others and that is the path you want to take, that is ok as well. And the most unique music you can find in progressive rock and metal, which is highly sophisicated. Sophiscated doesn't = bad. And many guitarists see guitar as a challenge.

EDIT: Music isn't a competition, everyone likes different stuff. Some people like 3 notes, some people like those 3 notes coming in at 33 notes per second arpeggios. I don't plan on taking music past recreation, so as long as I am enjoying it, I am fine.

This post has been edited by shellshock1911: Feb 6 2008, 05:49 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
JukeboxHero
Feb 6 2008, 05:47 AM
IMO Led Zeppelin was a really great band. Symphony X is a really great band. If i had to choose one i'd pick Led Zep. We're all entitled to our opinions. But I hate it when people compare guitarist because it has no point. In a month people will forget this conversation and go back to their own metal.

--------------------
Look left------->-------------->------------>-----------> I said left!!!!!

+Quote Post
fkalich
Feb 6 2008, 05:49 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Feb 5 2008, 10:17 PM) *

let me qualify this. if a band gets a zillion hits, AND i hear it played frequently on the college radio station (and by all accounts the Universtiy of Kansas has one of the top 2 or 3 college radio stations in the country), then I think I can assume it is not only good, but popular based on youtube hits.

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Feb 6 2008, 05:54 AM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Feb 6 2008, 05:49 AM) *
let me qualify this. if a band gets a zillion hits, AND i hear it played frequently on the college radio station (and by all accounts the Universtiy of Kansas has one of the top 2 or 3 college radio stations in the country), then I think I can assume it is not only good, but popular based on youtube hits.

The U.S. is 4% of the world population, which unforunately, is just not the whole world. Mainstream U.S. stuff is in the U.S. only, whereas you can find less mainstream music being played all over the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjA5faZF1A8

5th most watched video in the world or something like that, and it isn't "popular" or "mainstream."

--------------------

+Quote Post
fkalich
Feb 6 2008, 06:11 AM
QUOTE (shellshock1911 @ Feb 5 2008, 10:54 PM) *
The U.S. is 4% of the world population, which unforunately, is just not the whole world. Mainstream U.S. stuff is in the U.S. only, whereas you can find less mainstream music being played all over the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjA5faZF1A8

5th most watched video in the world or something like that, and it isn't "popular" or "mainstream."

YES IT IS!!!!!! Even my little nieces know that song. Nearly everybody likes it. My oldest brother likes it, rare for him to like anything i like. I play that song myself. The guy i linked who plays Freebird also plays it on his youtube.

Thanks for supporting my argument.

I'm out of here, I think the powers that be want this to end. You can all say crap about me in my absence.

This post has been edited by fkalich: Feb 6 2008, 06:14 AM

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Feb 6 2008, 06:30 AM
jeez, i cant believe Michael Romeo did all this dry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Feb 6 2008, 06:46 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
WoW!! That dogs got quite a BYTE!! I kind of see his point though, maybe. This link will take you there. To the truth...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXXkhQIvfhs&NR=1

Rock On, My Name is Joe

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Feb 6 2008, 07:03 AM
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Feb 5 2008, 11:46 PM) *
WoW!! That dogs got quite a BYTE!!

lol laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:59 AM