Home Again And Ordered A New Guitar, 58' Gibson Custom Les Paul
-Zion-
Sep 21 2008, 08:08 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi everyone.

Back from my trip to the US. (already sad.gif)

So, while I was away Gibson decided to raise the prices of their reissue guitars. About 20% on all of them. Crazy.
Most bigger stores, like GuitarCenter, raised the price in their stores right away, which meant a $700 dollar raise in my case for the guitar I wanted.

Turns out that GuitarCenter did not have the one guitar I wanted. NONE of the GuitarCenters did.
Luckily for me, I got in contact with a guy before my trip, and asked him if he still had the 1958 custom.

He did. And not only that. He was selling them for the old price (and cheaper than GC's old price as well). I will save around 1000 dollars on this guitar (including the shipping fee).

I really got a good deal and this guy seems to know a lot about guitars, and was very customer friendly. I know he still has a couple of Gibsons for the old price as he "is not evil" by selling old price guitars for the new price, like GC do.

I haven't gotten my guitar yet, so I cannot recommend him to you yet, but when/if I do get it. I will be more than happy to recommend him to you.

Thing is, he promised me a tracking number a couple of days ago. I haven't got it, and he seems to have become slower in his responses. Sure hope he hasn't screwed me over, but I will give him a benefit of doubt.

He told me it usually takes around 5 days to ship it, so that would mean sometime next week, and if not I will contact him again.

Good thing I paid the guitar with my creditcard. If it turns out he's not the guy i thought he was I can always call the bank and have them reverse the payment.

Anyways, just needed to advertise my return to GMC, and let off a bit of nervousness.. wink.gif
Good to be back on GMC. Bad that i have to go to work tomorrow.. tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Sep 21 2008, 08:17 PM
Instructor
I hope everthing works out here so you get your guitar.
Don't like the fact that he didn't give you that tracking number as he promised... hm... mad.gif

Anyways, welcome back! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Fran
Sep 21 2008, 10:07 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Welcome back!, and good luck with the LP, post a pic when it arrives!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
sigma7
Sep 21 2008, 10:20 PM
GMC:er
welcome back, that is a really nice guitar

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 21 2008, 10:25 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Welcome back! Well that thing with tracking number is doubtful but then again maybe he didn't get it to posting it, and post doesn't work on weekends and holidays I think...I think he will respond and send you the guitar soon...
Keep us updated ! Hope everything turns out well.. wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
MickeM
Sep 21 2008, 10:26 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Welcome back... thought it was just a couple days ago we had your "Im leaving gor USA" post laugh.gif
Hope everything works out fine with the payment and your guitar!

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Sep 21 2008, 10:39 PM
Instructor
welcome back Zion

+Quote Post
sidewas lightnin...
Sep 21 2008, 10:42 PM
GMC:er
Sounds like a good deal to me.

Did you like it here in the US? Where did you go?

--------------------
I spelled my username wrong...I didn't even think that was possible!

Look at the topic for my guitar...
Finished Guitar Build

Gear:
Homemade strat (You still need to look at its topic!)
Squier strat (probably going to get rid of it and get another guitar instead) :)
Line 6 spider amp (not actually used for anything, just acts as a speaker)
Digitech Gnx2 (kind of old, but cheap, and sounds amazing!)

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 21 2008, 11:15 PM
Instructor
I hope everything will turn out alright man, that guitar is beyond awesome. I wanna see some pics when it arrives! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Sep 22 2008, 07:29 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (MickeM @ Sep 21 2008, 11:26 PM) *
Welcome back... thought it was just a couple days ago we had your "Im leaving gor USA" post laugh.gif
Hope everything works out fine with the payment and your guitar!

Tell me about it.. The first week went by fairly slow, but the last two weeks just flew by and almost ended before they began.. sad.gif

Thanks for the welcome backs. smile.gif

QUOTE (sidewas lightning @ Sep 21 2008, 11:42 PM) *
Sounds like a good deal to me.

Did you like it here in the US? Where did you go?

Ya, i also think it was a good deal. Now, if only I could get my hands on it NOOW! wink.gif

I loved it. It was fantastic. I am sure I will visit again sometime. Actually i have a deal with my father to take route 66 on motorcycle.

We started out in Las Vegas, went through Death Valley, Yosemite National Park, San Francisco, Monterey, Santa Barbara, (L.A.) Santa Monica, Palm Springs, Phoenix, Sedona, Grand Canyon, Page, Monument Valley, Moab, Bryce Canyon, Zion National Park and back to Las Vegas.

Around 3000 miles were driven. Excellent trip. Only I could have stayed there a lot longer.

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Sep 22 2008, 12:15 AM) *
I hope everything will turn out alright man, that guitar is beyond awesome. I wanna see some pics when it arrives! smile.gif

I'll be sure to post pictures when it arrives. smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:14 AM