2 Pages V   1 2 >  
What Should A Guitarist Not Do ?
Ben Higgins
Nov 14 2012, 10:59 AM
Instructor
What should a guitarist NOT do ??

Be careless with knives.

In fact, I don't think this guitarist should be allowed to make their own sandwiches.

Yes, I mean me smile.gif

I was using a bread knife to slice open a crusty bread roll for breakfast. I was holding the bread roll in my left hand as you do. I went right through the roll and into my hand - duh ! tongue.gif

Thankfully it was only my palm and not a finger.. but still, not the kind of thing you want to do if playing the guitar is your main thing in life !

Only I bring you these kinds of posts... enjoy my clumsiness and use it to feel better about yourselves !! laugh.gif laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rhoads
Nov 14 2012, 11:07 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
He should also NOT let other band members close the car door over their finger, before a concert.
Fortunately I was fast enough so it only caught the tip of my finger and lucky enough to be my left hand thumb. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Nov 14 2012, 11:11 AM
GMC:er
Guitarist should play guitar.

Only.

Period.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Nov 14 2012, 11:19 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Not to go ice skating before a concert smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Nov 14 2012, 11:33 AM
Learning Rock Star
They shouldn't be careless when working with screwdrivers!
I put a screwdriver through my hand one time. Let me tell you it didnt tickle mellow.gif

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Nov 14 2012, 11:48 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Nov 14 2012, 10:59 AM) *

Be careless with knives.

In fact, I don't think this guitarist should be allowed to make their own sandwiches.

Yes, I mean me smile.gif

I was using a bread knife to slice open a crusty bread roll for breakfast. I was holding the bread roll in my left hand as you do. I went right through the roll and into my hand - duh ! tongue.gif

Thankfully it was only my palm and not a finger.. but still, not the kind of thing you want to do if playing the guitar is your main thing in life !

Only I bring you these kinds of posts... enjoy my clumsiness and use it to feel better about yourselves !! laugh.gif laugh.gif

put the bread down ------and back away -----slowly(without the knife in your hand )

+Quote Post
Fran
Nov 14 2012, 12:38 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Break his hand...I finally had my cast removed yesterday after 5 weeks. Now I need another two of rehab to recover all mobility!

Sorry to hear about your injury! sad.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
rhoads
Nov 14 2012, 12:44 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Fran @ Nov 14 2012, 11:38 AM) *
Break his hand...I finally had my cast removed yesterday after 5 weeks. Now I need another two of rehab to recover all mobility!

Sorry to hear about your injury! sad.gif

Definitely not break his hand.. sorry to hear about his man..

--------------------

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Nov 14 2012, 01:47 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Nov 14 2012, 09:59 AM) *

Be careless with knives.

Yes, I mean me smile.gif

There are other options...

Armless Guitarist

This post has been edited by mroberts70: Nov 14 2012, 01:48 PM

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 14 2012, 02:51 PM
Instructor
Oh! Fortunately your finger are ok Ben! I prefer to avoid playing soccer since I know friends that should stop playing, or walking because of a bad fault.. sad.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 14 2012, 04:10 PM
Instructor
Sounds like we all have things we shouldn't do ! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Christophe
Nov 15 2012, 02:50 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
It seems I'm on the right way =D

No girlfriend
Living in my parents' house
No job
My own room with good stuff
Free of all charges
Mother cooking for me

I'll be the next Guitar Hero dudes ! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear : ESP LTD MH-401QM ; Zoom G2.1Nu ; Blackstar HT-5 Preamp ; Blackstar HT-112 Speaker;

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 15 2012, 10:59 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Christophe @ Nov 15 2012, 01:50 AM) *
It seems I'm on the right way =D

No girlfriend
No job
Free of all charges
Mother cooking for me

I'll be the next Guitar Hero dudes ! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
Nov 16 2012, 01:54 AM
play drums tongue.gif

--------------------
When your fingers bleed you're getting somewhere

+Quote Post
Grace
Nov 16 2012, 04:32 AM
Dance around your guitar and accidentally kick it making it fall and break the neck in half......I'm just glad it wasn't me or my guitar, but this happened to my sister and I was there to see this happen...lol

This post has been edited by Grace: Nov 16 2012, 04:33 AM

--------------------
BRUUUUUTAL GRIM DEATH NINJA OF THE FROZEN NORTH!!!!

+Quote Post
bleez
Nov 16 2012, 09:47 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Christophe @ Nov 15 2012, 01:50 AM) *
No girlfriend
No job
Free of all charges
Mother cooking for me

all of that sounds fantastic biggrin.gif

Last year I closed the car door on my finger and had to open the door to get my finger out..... then walk calmly into the house pretending I wasnt in the most pain id ever felt.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 16 2012, 10:53 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Patrik Berg @ Nov 16 2012, 12:54 AM) *
play drums tongue.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

And vice versa ! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Grace @ Nov 16 2012, 03:32 AM) *
Dance around your guitar and accidentally kick it making it fall and break the neck in half......I'm just glad it wasn't me or my guitar, but this happened to my sister and I was there to see this happen...lol

Ooooooh No !! ohmy.gif

Talk about an awkward moment !! rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (bleez @ Nov 16 2012, 08:47 AM) *
Last year I closed the car door on my finger and had to open the door to get my finger out..... then walk calmly into the house pretending I wasnt in the most pain id ever felt.

That hurt just reading it !

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 16 2012, 03:06 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Nov 14 2012, 10:19 AM) *
Not to go ice skating before a concert smile.gif

UGGGHH! I had a VERY bad dream about that ... I was falling on the ice rink and a little girl came running with her skates and sliced my left hand fingers off with the skate blade... sad.gif

QUOTE (Grace @ Nov 16 2012, 03:32 AM) *

Uh oh, nasty one smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Nov 16 2012, 03:13 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Nov 16 2012, 10:53 AM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

And vice versa ! biggrin.gif

Tell that to someone like Dave Grohl.

....washing a knife by hand, and banging it into your finger is bad too. Ten years later I still have a scar

This post has been edited by Ulrik: Nov 16 2012, 03:14 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 16 2012, 03:15 PM
Instructor
Well, there's this unsheathing action in Iaido/ Batto Jutsu, in which you push the tsuba (the sword's guard) with your thumb in order to have a fast unsheathing of the sword.

Thing is that, a lot of folks hold their thumb parallel and above the blade which is a very silly thing to do, especially if you are a beginner - results? Instant cut on the inside of your thumb. The correct approach, is based on holding your thumb on the right side of the tsuba and blade, so when you push the tsuba and draw, the blade goes out of the saya (scabbard) right between your thumb and the rest of your fingers.

I just learned this thing a few weeks ago and I'm always careful when practicing even with the bokken (wooden sword) as everything you learn will stay with you when you use a real blade (shinken) and presto, your thumb could be gravely damaged, out of sheer carelessness!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:05 AM