Drone Metal
Anastasio123
Jul 17 2007, 09:58 PM
GMC:er
Any good bands of this genre? Ive heard Sleep is the quintissential drone metal band but I havnt herad of any others.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
VinceG
Jul 18 2007, 06:30 AM
Try Jesu and Boris. There my favorite drone bands.

Also look for Southernlord Record, they have great line up for Droning Doom bands that are good. The infamous Sunn O))) is also signed in that record label. Also the great Stephen O'Malley has other drone bands that he playedworked on like Burning Witch and Khanate just to name a few.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Hungus
Jul 25 2007, 02:03 PM
I dont really like drone metal at all but I thought I would just point out that Sleep are not drone metal... They are a bloody awesome band though!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
VinceG
Jul 25 2007, 09:46 PM
Yea Sleep is more Stoner Doom but they get also be thrown in to Drone because of bands similarities with Teeth Of The Lions Rule The Divine, Jesu, and Boris. Which have that stoner doom element but still beeing a Drone band.

There are many types of Drone just like death metal, but its hard to tell the difference when your inexpirienced with the genre.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
jikai55
Aug 5 2007, 04:47 PM
Sleep is more stoner doom, but Jesu, Boris, Sunn O))), and Earth are great.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:42 AM