Making That Little Finger Work
RemMIDI
Oct 4 2007, 11:40 AM
GMC:er
Seeing all the super videos with that little finger playing lead...ohh, ahh. I have the habit of a 20 year ago, self taught player with only the three fingers move, and want to move on. Scales are the only thing to train too? Any recommends to steer me, of something fun? I can barre chords all day, but lead lacks that little finger control to play anything. Rhythm guitar player limited...
Should I force/practice boaring scales? Or?
Looking for a fun lesson/tune here to break the habit of the one, two three... huh?.
The backing tracks here are the motivation to learn again. Great site for a renewbee.
The reason for blowing the dust off the old SG and picking it up again.

Just something to practice and jam with again.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kosei Kubota
Oct 4 2007, 12:34 PM
Classical Instructor
Scales and exercises are boring unless they deliver some results.
In other words, they could be fun if you see any improvements in your playing.
Have fun with your scales and excercises!
wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Soul_Decision
Oct 4 2007, 01:14 PM
GMC:er
You could practice with scales even though they are boring, but I think the best way to go is to find a lesson and jam with backing tracks. Scales will help you with you stretching and definitely use your pinky.
What you could do is warm up with the scales and then pick a lesson and jam out to the track. You should get results with that.

This post has been edited by Soul_Decision: Oct 4 2007, 01:16 PM

--------------------
Push through all barriers.......Never self-limit.........Because there is none

+Quote Post
Tank
Oct 5 2007, 12:08 AM
GMC Veteran
I had issues with my little finger. A guitarist I know turned me on to practicing Yngwie scalar licks. There's one in particular that the little finger has to move twice as much as the others, so you get double the exercise, for half the price smile.gif

On one string:

-4-7-5-7--4-7-5-7--5-8-7-8--5-8-7-8--8-12-10-12--8-12-10-12--10-13-12-13--10-13-12-13- etc

Then move to the next string.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Oct 5 2007, 01:49 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (RemMIDI @ Oct 4 2007, 12:40 PM) *
Seeing all the super videos with that little finger playing lead...ohh, ahh. I have the habit of a 20 year ago, self taught player with only the three fingers move, and want to move on. Scales are the only thing to train too? Any recommends to steer me, of something fun? I can barre chords all day, but lead lacks that little finger control to play anything. Rhythm guitar player limited...
Should I force/practice boaring scales? Or?
Looking for a fun lesson/tune here to break the habit of the one, two three... huh?.
The backing tracks here are the motivation to learn again. Great site for a renewbee.
The reason for blowing the dust off the old SG and picking it up again.

Just something to practice and jam with again.

If you want to get your pinky working visit my LEGATO ETUDE lesson and other lessons from legato series. They are fu to play and they will force you to use pinky.

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:57 AM