Good & Bad News!, changes on the REC board
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 10 2021, 04:23 PM
GMC Founder
Hey guys,

First the bad news -

Darius is unfortunately stepping down as a REC grader - which means we will no longer be able to learn from his attention to details and thoughtful analysis on the REC board! 😟

I still hope we will be seeing some new lessons from him in the future though 🤞

However as you might know, Darius has one particular scholar who is acquiring skills at a scary pace. This student also has an aptitude for detailed and sharp analysis...who could I be speaking about?

You guessed it - Monica! She has agreed to help fill Darius' shoes.

I always find Monica's playing analysis fair and enlightening! I am really looking forward to grading and providing constructive feedback with her on the REC board 🤩

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 10 2021, 04:31 PM
Instructor
I'm sorry to hear about Darius! But glad to know that we have Monica on board! Welcome Monica!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Mertay
Nov 10 2021, 05:43 PM
GMC:er
Huge congrats to Monica!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 10 2021, 06:47 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Congratulations Monica, sorry to see Darius go though sad.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 10 2021, 07:44 PM
Sorry to see Darius go. He's been here a long time. such is life though. Congrats to MONICA!!!

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Nov 11 2021, 05:29 AM
Learning Tone Master
I'm also really sad because Darius doesn't have time anymore to provide feedback in the REC section. I will miss this very much but I will live with the hope that he will comeback someday.

The fact that I was and I'm still trained by him, I can assure you guys that always my feedback will contain the same Darek's type of honest, objective and very detailed analysis.

Kris, thank you so much because you gave me the opportunity to make a new step in my development. It means a lot to me. ❤️ smile.gif

Also, an enormous hug to all the students and instructors for your support and kind words. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Nov 11 2021, 06:15 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Congratulation Monica

Stéphane Lucarelli, Ben, Darius..... My idols melt like snow in the sun...
They offered some difficult lessons but also some very affordable.

About REC Section, Yesterday I was offended about grading.
I didn’t think that cutting off the middle would be a problem. I’m going to work a little more and do one more part.

I know how to make my self review, I know my defauts.
Posting a video to the REC section is a finality. There are often things to improve but I can’t play the same lesson too long, I get bored with time.

Je n'espère pas un 10 même si je suis content de l'avoir obtenu parfois. je cherche à avancer et je constate que cela fonctionne car depuis 9 ans j'ai beaucoup évolué.

I take into consideration your advice but I do not always understand the language and I am satisfied with the grade.

Tips serve to progress but sometimes challenge us what is not always encouraging. I sometimes need encouragement, which is why I do bootcamp with todd. His good mood is very important to an amateur like me.

My life of guitarist :
10 -25 years old : Learn guitar without help, without internet.
25 - 41 years stop guitar.
41 - today guitar every day 2h/day with internet...
I hope still improve but I've already really progressed.
The way is long very long and sometimes frustrating.

Excuse me for this novel, I wanted to express my feeling

This post has been edited by MisterM: Nov 11 2021, 06:37 AM

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 11 2021, 08:32 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (MisterM @ Nov 11 2021, 06:15 AM) *
Congratulation Monica

I didn’t think that cutting off the middle would be a problem. I’m going to work a little more and do one more part.

Posting a video to the REC section is a finality. There are often things to improve but I can’t play the same lesson too long, I get bored with time.

Je n'espère pas un 10 même si je suis content de l'avoir obtenu parfois. je cherche à avancer et je constate que cela fonctionne car depuis 9 ans j'ai beaucoup évolué.

I take into consideration your advice but I do not always understand the language and I am satisfied with the grade.

Tips serve to progress but sometimes challenge us what is not always encouraging. I sometimes need encouragement, which is why I do bootcamp with todd. His good mood is very important to an amateur like me.

My life of guitarist :

Thanks for sharing Manu,

It's clear the amount of feelings you have about the guitar - you live for it!

I believe this is the reason why we see you make such incredible progress - while you often just feel frustration about your progress.

How can I know? I feel the same about my own playing 😅

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Nov 11 2021, 11:08 AM
Learning Rock Star
Sorry to see Darius leave. I hope his new path will take him to many more successes. Great guy, great player - I'm sure we will still hear a lot of great things from him, even if not directly on the forum in the REC section.

And a great a step for Monica smile.gif I can already see her give great advice, and I like this step for members of the forum. We have been through the process of RECs and know what we'd like feedback on and how we'd like it, and I think students are also eager to do a good job, such as I know Monico will do on grading REC takes and giving feedback.

I look forward to reading your advice and grading, Monica. smile.gif I don't participate in the REC much, but maybe I should again smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Nov 11 2021, 03:30 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (MisterM @ Nov 11 2021, 06:15 AM) *
Congratulation Monica

My life of guitarist :

Thank you very much Manu! smile.gif

It's always good to share your thoughts and feelings. You know, one of the best thing in this community is the fact that we understand you very well because we all go through such moments.

Your playing it's killer and believe me your hands not deliver a sound which comes from an "amateur". For me you run with huge steps to the pro playing area.

When you don't understand the language, please tell us and we will find a different way to explain you. wink.gif

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Nov 11 2021, 11:08 AM) *
Sorry to see Darius leave. I hope his new path will take him to many more successes. Great guy, great player - I'm sure we will still hear a lot of great things from him, even if not directly on the forum in the REC section.

And a great a step for Monica smile.gif I can already see her give great advice, and I like this step for members of the forum. We have been through the process of RECs and know what we'd like feedback on and how we'd like it, and I think students are also eager to do a good job, such as I know Monico will do on grading REC takes and giving feedback.

I look forward to reading your advice and grading, Monica. smile.gif I don't participate in the REC much, but maybe I should again smile.gif

Thank you so much Ben! smile.gif

I will do my best to always come up with good feedback. The fact that I went through the REC process, it's an advantage because it let me see things from both sides.

Would be awesome to see you again in REC. smile.gif I remember when I come up to GMC, almost daily were posted new takes in REC section. Maybe we can bring that times back. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Timmez
Nov 11 2021, 03:56 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Congrats monica. Wel deserved

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Nov 11 2021, 04:07 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Nov 11 2021, 04:30 PM) *
When you don't understand the language, please tell us and we will find a different way to explain you. wink.gif

I'm gonna set up FrenchMasterClass and Manu will be the head teacher cool.gif Seriously though, feedback can sometimes be difficult when we feel we've worked hard and want to get a good grade. Sometimes it feels like a punch to the face and makes us think if we have learned nothing at all and not improved, but I too can tell you, MisterM, that I have seen immense progress in your playing cool.gif

Thank you so much Ben! smile.gif

I will do my best to always come up with good feedback. The fact that I went through the REC process, it's an advantage because it let me see things from both sides.

Would be awesome to see you again in REC. smile.gif I remember when I come up to GMC, almost daily were posted new takes in REC section. Maybe we can bring that times back. wink.gif

Yes, it could be great to have some more activity smile.gif I'm trying to come up with ideas too.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Nov 11 2021, 05:04 PM
Instructor
Congratulations to Monica and huge appreciation for your kind words guys.

I'm not leaving GMC smile.gif I'm just not able to deliver my "activity" on a regular basis anymore.I will still deliver lessons and review the forum to see what are you guys up to currently smile.gif

I hope my REC feedback was something valuable, even if sometimes harsh and honest to the bones. I'm sure Monica is the right person in the right place. Give hetr a warm welcome at REC smile.gif

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Nov 11 2021, 05:10 PM
Learning Roadie
I am also sorry that Darius leaves the REC zone, I also learned a lot from his feedback.
But also a big congratulation to Monica, I am looking forward to learn and improve my playing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 11 2021, 09:55 PM
Its always great to see a new MISSION from you in BOOTCAMP! You really lean in to and go for it in a big way each and every time. It's great to see. I've watched you make huge gains and continue to be impressed by not only your technique, but by your subtle and articulate finger control including your outstanding vibrato. keep it up!!!!

QUOTE (MisterM @ Nov 11 2021, 01:15 AM) *
Congratulation Monica

My life of guitarist :

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Nov 12 2021, 07:21 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (tflava @ Nov 11 2021, 03:56 PM) *
Congrats monica. Wel deserved

QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Nov 11 2021, 05:10 PM) *
I am also sorry that Darius leaves the REC zone, I also learned a lot from his feedback.
But also a big congratulation to Monica, I am looking forward to learn and improve my playing.

Tim and Victor, thank you for your kind words. I really appreciate! smile.gif

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Nov 11 2021, 05:04 PM) *
Congratulations to Monica and huge appreciation for your kind words guys.

I'm not leaving GMC smile.gif I'm just not able to deliver my "activity" on a regular basis anymore.I will still deliver lessons and review the forum to see what are you guys up to currently smile.gif

I hope my REC feedback was something valuable, even if sometimes harsh and honest to the bones. I'm sure Monica is the right person in the right place. Give hetr a warm welcome at REC smile.gif

"Harsh and honest to the bones" - and that's why you are so special to me!!! smile.gif

As for my new step....I know you will keep an eye on me and I will receive an additional feedback in our mentoring. wink.gif Hahaha....your gun will be in my direction, so I have no intention to make you push the trigger. biggrin.gif

Darek, thank you from my heart for everything you do for me. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Nov 12 2021, 11:27 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Nov 12 2021, 06:21 AM) *
Darek, thank you from my heart for everything you do for me. smile.gif

If you need to thank anyone , it is you - for your very hard and consistent work. No word of mine could lead you here without that much of work and your will to trust and even change yourself at some point.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:27 PM