Until We Say Goodbye - Satriani Cover
maharzan
May 13 2011, 02:10 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
I posted in Uploads thread but think that is only for uploading own compositions and for members only, so I am posting it here again for everyone to see.

So, I have been trying to cover a song for quite sometime. This ones one of my favorites song and I am a Satriani fan. smile.gif

I did this all by ear/eyes (looking at videos) after I couldn't find accurate tabs for it. This is the first song I did it completely by ear. I wanted to a one take but I keep getting misses so had to join 3-4 takes. That tells, I need more practice. smile.gif

Anyway, hope you guys like it. smile.gif

Cheers!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gary
May 14 2011, 09:59 PM
GMC:er
Always loved this song and you did a splendid job on it...

Cheers mate!

Gary

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
maharzan
May 15 2011, 04:52 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Thank you Gary. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 15 2011, 06:15 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Very cool cover man! smile.gif
Don't worry about recording it in a few takes - with pieces like this it's perfectly normal! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
May 15 2011, 10:11 PM
Instructor
Apparently easy piece, but there are many parts that are repeated, except that - has length (4.46) and is hard to quite keep track of the order of parts ! Gee, this is why I hate long composition, concentration typically fail after 3.5 minutes, hehehe...
If you really do that on the basis of hearing, then - all praise! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Sinisa Cekic: May 15 2011, 10:13 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
May 16 2011, 03:48 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Thanks Bogdan and Sinisa. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 20 2011, 09:05 AM
Instructor
Excellent performance Chandra ! smile.gif Love that lick at 2:22 with the outside note bending into resolution !! biggrin.gif

I think Satriani is one of the greatest guitarists to learn feel and phrasing from cool.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:41 PM