2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Masterclass Hot Blues!
Kristofer Dahl
May 16 2006, 07:56 PM
GMC Founder
last but not least... SOME FREAKIN' BLUES!!!!

Hope you like this one - I'm in a blues period now (don't missundersand me - I'm perfectly happy... wink.gif ). It's like I have rediscovered just sitting for myself jammin (perhaps my new strat is part of the explanation).

anyway, enjoy!!

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...s-licks-lesson/

/Kris

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Kristofer Dahl: Nov 8 2009, 09:18 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jeff
May 17 2006, 03:08 AM
GMC:er
Cool Blues Kris. :sun You've got that Strat fever. I've always had it and always will! There's just something about a clean Strat straight to the tube amp with a little bit of spring reverb. Am I dating myself?

Keep it up man! I've always loved playing those blues riffs with a few good string "rakes" added in for flavor.

jeff

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
BollyRotten
May 17 2006, 09:03 AM
Simply cannot wait to get stuck into this blues.
Another stonking masterclass lesson! tonight im gonna be BB King! laugh.gif

--------------------
I need more fingers!

+Quote Post
VIRUS
May 18 2006, 03:09 AM
This lesson is killer. Thanks Kris.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 18 2006, 07:40 AM
GMC Founder
smile.gif smile.gif

+Quote Post
BollyRotten
May 18 2006, 01:29 PM
Turning into a great lesson this blues one! i love it

I am stuck though lol Stuck on page 2, the slides, I can do a slide easy enough on the bottom E (top string) but i just cannot get the one from 10 to 12 on A & G string! Kris it sounds wicked when you do it, i just cannot replicate. (you only play one big slide in the video). I find that passage of tab quite difficult. How to play the A & G strings while strumming without playing the D string! Mine always sounds. I try to mute with my index finder but sounds crap!.
Looking at your hand Kris your middle finger is near the E string (not fretting anything) mine is near the G string. I presume your muting bottom E. Feels really weird when i do it.
Im not struggling on the other licks yet just that intro riff.
I guess its just practice but if anyone has any tips let us know .

laugh.gif

--------------------
I need more fingers!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 19 2006, 07:45 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (BollyRotten)
Turning into a great lesson this blues one! i love it

I am stuck though lol Stuck on page 2, the slides, I can do a slide easy enough on the bottom E (top string) but i just cannot get the one from 10 to 12 on A & G string! Kris it sounds wicked when you do it, i just cannot replicate. (you only play one big slide in the video). I find that passage of tab quite difficult. How to play the A & G strings while strumming without playing the D string! Mine always sounds. I try to mute with my index finder but sounds crap!.
Looking at your hand Kris your middle finger is near the E string (not fretting anything) mine is near the G string. I presume your muting bottom E. Feels really weird when i do it.
Im not struggling on the other licks yet just that intro riff.
I guess its just practice but if anyone has any tips let us know .

laugh.gif

All the things you mentioned are just what I would give for advice.

Jazz guitarist Wes montgomery did a lot of those octave thnigs (but with a clean sound) - so did/do the punkers!! >:< Versatile technique!

/Kris

+Quote Post
ColinMurphy
May 21 2006, 01:25 AM
/adds licks in blues catologue

biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
skennington
Nov 8 2009, 06:26 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Bringing one back here from the early days. Everyone can benefit from the licks in this lesson, check it out. smile.gif Kris has got the blues...

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 8 2009, 06:44 PM
Instructor
For some reason, I cannot watch the main video, it won't load sad.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Boson
Nov 8 2009, 07:19 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Nov 8 2009, 06:44 PM) *
For some reason, I cannot watch the main video, it won't load sad.gif

Im having the same problems as Ivan,

Cant get into the lesson it keeps asking for a password even if I enter it??

--------------------
"Better to live one day as a tiger than a thousand years as a sheep"

+Quote Post
skennington
Nov 8 2009, 07:34 PM
Told you this was old school.. laugh.gif Enter your email address and password you use to login to the lessons, should work then.

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Nov 8 2009, 07:55 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
you need to press play, then log in again, and then it worked (for me tongue.gif )

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Nov 8 2009, 08:22 PM
Those unable to see it may also need the WMV plugin for firefox.

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Nov 8 2009, 08:49 PM
Learning Tone Master
Had to write username and password 3 times to see the main video, and extra time for each of the others.

Some nice licks there though, Kris! smile.gif
How come you can post the backing, if GMC doesn't have the necessary licensing?

+Quote Post
skennington
Nov 8 2009, 08:55 PM
QUOTE (Sollesnes @ Nov 8 2009, 03:49 PM) *
How come you can post the backing, if GMC doesn't have the necessary licensing?

Presumably, he owns the backing track. Just like a collab or any lessons of today. They are property of the Instructor and GMC. smile.gif

When licensing comes into play is if you do not own the material.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 8 2009, 09:20 PM
GMC Founder
biggrin.gif oh my that's an old topic and even older lesson, hence the problems. Here is the updated/working link:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...s-licks-lesson/

--------------------

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Nov 8 2009, 10:34 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (skennington @ Nov 8 2009, 08:55 PM) *
Presumably, he owns the backing track. Just like a collab or any lessons of today. They are property of the Instructor and GMC. smile.gif

When licensing comes into play is if you do not own the material.

Ah, yes of course. I confused it with something else, thank you smile.gif

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Nov 9 2009, 01:20 AM
I have to re-discover myself into blues too!!. Nice lesson!

+Quote Post
rokchik
Nov 10 2009, 01:16 AM
The Dark Canuck
I have the "I almost cut the tip of my finger off and it really hurts" Blues smile.gif

Great lesson Kris smile.gif I was in a blues playing period a few months back. The blues are so much fun to play, they really get you groovin and you just poor your heart into it.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:09 PM