The Myrrors, Awesome Band!
Nihilist1
Jan 26 2012, 10:19 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I just found this band on YouTube. I was researching a genre of music called Freak Folk and/or New American Weird. I have been inspired to drop the metal act for awhile and get into this kind of music because I really seem to write folk music easier than I do metal. Anyway, I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 26 2012, 05:34 PM
Instructor
I'm not very into this style but I like the feel... it's like a long trip... smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
ItSME3
Jan 26 2012, 05:51 PM
GMC:er
Thats my type of music smile.gif

Deviated form the path of Metal many years ago into the land of the people that can't hold an instrument (like myself) but hit my taste of creative noise. Not that I don't listen to some nice \,,/ from time to time.

Anyway I do like the Myrros but I think they are not as good as for example Animal Collective or Grizzly Bear. Other Favs of mine are Sufjan Stevens (perhaps the best...) or Joanna Newsom. Also really good are Devandra Benhard or the Mountain Goats.

On the more mainstream/folky side of things Bonny Prince Billy and Iron&Wine and if you are into the more Americana side of things get yourself some Giant Sand or Calexico stuff

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jan 26 2012, 06:26 PM
Instructor
here's another trippy song you might enjoy

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Jan 27 2012, 03:53 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Jan 26 2012, 05:26 PM) *
here's another trippy song you might enjoy

My favourite band!

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 08:54 PM